This was our third stay in the Bungalows. We love the area and, even though the weather is iffy during March (our Spring Break), we continue to be drawn to the area for its beautiful beaches, quaint town, and overall affordability. This time, we could not use the beach too many days because the wind was too high. Luckily, the pool at the Bungalows is shielded by the Bungalows themselves, so we still had a place to soak up some rays.
This particular unit has some positives:
1) Easy-going yet responsive owner. No cleaning fees, flexible cancelation policy, flexible with me on when I paid the balance owed her (after pay day instead of when payment was technically due)
2) Pull-out sofa (my kids decided they did not want to sleep in the same room together this year, so the pull out was handy)
3) Convenient location within the complex.
4) Reliable wi-fi
5) Art work completed by the owner herself - nice touch
6) A balcony I actually used (because it looks on the pool and not another unit)
7) A grill
8) All the conveniences of the area: excellent proximity to the beach, convenient store, bike path, Seaside (one mile by bike), Goatfeathers seafood market just down the block (buy some steamed and seasoned shrimp - excellent!!), etc... etc... Really, the Bungalow's location has too many positives to list.
That said, the interior of this unit could use a paint job (perhaps in something other than flat paint so scuffs could be washed off), the bedding was a little inadequate, the dryer took 2 cycles to dry every load (perhaps the vent to the outside needs to be cleaned??), and my husband and son were not in love with the quality of the tv for March Madness (I could have cared less about this). The hot tub was also on the fritz the week we were there, but that is outside the owner's control. Service was called, so I am sure it will be fixed soon (it has been hot on our previous visits).
Like I said, I have stayed in this complex 3 times. Each unit has its pluses and its drawbacks. Overall, the affordability, convenience, and pleasurable owner outweigh the need for thicker comforters and a coat of paint, but if the owner would address these things, she would have it all.
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Did you find this review helpful?