Bibury Cottage Rental Photos and Description
Early 18th century stone cottages
Two Listed 18th century (1703) stones cottages located in The Square near The Bibury Court, which is famous for its link to Queen Elizabeth I. The cottages have been sympathetically restored to the highest standard by architect and interior designer. The interiors feature modern facilities such as WiFi, modern kitchens and bathrooms.
Each cottage has two double bedrooms that sleep 4 people & have been furnished with a mixture of antique furniture, which is in keeping with the traditional interior. The original wooden beams are exposed and new stone floors installed with original fireplaces, creating a comfortable modern home maintaining the historical beauty of the period property.
Cottage Number 27: This cottage has a master double bedroom and a double bedroom that sleeps 4. There is extra bedding for sleeping another person on the sitting room's large sofa. We also have a double blow up mattress
Cottage Number 28: This cottage has two double bedrooms to sleep 4 people.
Extra single mattress and bedding can be provided upon request. A charge of £50 will be required for extra bedding & cleaning.
There is a travel cot for family use.
Pubs & watering holes within walking distance:
Bibury has two pubs the Swan Hotel, near the bridge on the corner and the Catherine Wheel up the hill from the bridge on the left. You can always go to the Bibury Court, walk down the gravel path in front of No 30 turn right and walk down to the Bibury Court. Tea in the garden or in the drawing room is nice way to spend an afternoon. They are very welcoming and nice people don’t be put off by the grand entrance it is a nice place.
You can always drive to a pub:
• Sherborn Arms Aldsworth, up the hill out of Bibury towards Burford, the next village is Aldsworth and the pub is on the left just as you seem to be leaving the village. (Good no nonsense pub grub)
• Village Pub Barnsley, up the hill out of Bibury towards Cirencester, the next village is Barnsley and the pub is on the right. (Nice place a bit Gastro and good)
• Fairford has 5 pubs, restaurant Alum, shops and the fantastic church, the river Coln runs through Fairford. There is a nice walk along the river Coln in Fairford, go to the right of restaurant Alum then right again down River Walk and follow your nose.
• The Fox at Barrington is a great pub on the river windrush just off the A40 about 15 mins away, mention my name you might get mates rate’s?
Details for 27 The Square 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, 1 Bathroom
- children welcome
- unsuitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
Guestbook comments from the manager
Just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our three days at no 27. We found the cottage so beautifully furnished, warm and comfortable. Your housekeeper is a real gem and we really appreciated the little touches like Christmas trees and holly decorations. We had three days of wonderful walks, pub lunches and lovely cosy evenings. We would love to return sometime soon.
Happy New Year
Angela Ashcroft and family.
We are a husband and wife team- architects and interior designer.
We are interest in character buildings which we would renovate and modernised. Our collection of furniture and artwork are based on the beauty of each individual pieces.