This breathtaking Château is the ultimate in French Château living. It has been beautifully renovated to offer a fantastic holiday retreat. It has “turrets and towers” and is steeped in history yet has all the modern facilities you could wish for on holiday. Set higher than the surrounding countryside, this Château gives 360 degree views over the vines, woodland, fields and meadows, with the most dramatic view from the terrace over towards the Pyrenees, yet at the same time it offers complete privacy.
There are 10 bedrooms and fabulous reception rooms, There is a heated salt water pool, Games room with full size snooker table, air-conditioned Br/Tavern area. Set in its own grounds of 14 hectares, the Château is surrounded by mature trees, vines, woodland and well kept gardens. The property is very private and the Château Managers are extremely discreet about guests. The Dining Terrace is out of this world with views over towards the Pyrenees.
Facilities Summary: In summary – sleeps up to 20 plus cots:
• 10 bedrooms (8 doubles, 1 twin bunks, study that can be made into a twin bedroom).
• Separate guest cottage (ideal for more privacy or for travelling staff) with kitchen and living room.
• Many en-suites with roll top baths, walk-in showers and a hammam in the master en-suite.
• Well equipped kitchen with dining table, lacornue range oven, dishwasher, two fridges.
• Pantry with American fridge freezer.
• sitting room with satellite TV, DVD player, Bose music system.
• Internet access in study with computer and printer.
• Games room with full size snooker table.
• Tavern/bar opening onto terrace with fridge and Bose ipod docking station.
• Large and formal dining room.
• Utility room with two washing machines and two tumble dryers.
• Wine cave.
• Heated 10 m x 5 m swimming pool with wooden recliners.
• 250 m squared dining terrace with dining table and comfy seating area.
• Built in BBQ and BBQ area in addition to a gas BBQ.
Luxury living: The Château reception rooms are out of this world with a well equipped kitchen, Grand Dining Room, Living Room and Games and Bar area but the bedrooms are second to none. The 6 in the main Château are vast and 4 of them have their own large en-suites with roll top baths, walk in showers and the master en-suite as a hammam. Bedrooms 8, 9 and 10 are more simple in style but still extremely elegant and well equipped. There is a separate kitchen and living room. Ideal for those looking for more privacy or for your travelling staff.
Outdoor Living: This breathtaking Château is ideal for holidays throughout the year as situated in the Bearn on the Bearn/Gers borders, it is set in its own micro climate. For the summer months, the Château is geared towards outside living. The South facing Dining Terrace is 250 m² in area and has a number of different areas which is ideal for larger parties. The area closest to the Tavern has relaxing wooden recliners and then the long wooden Dining Table under a large tree for shade. At the other end of the terrace, there is more seating with two wooden style sofas and 2 wooden armchairs. Just around the corner, from the main terrace and with views over woodland, there is a built in BBQ area and small herb garden. There is also a Gas BBQ if you would prefer and an additional Dining table. For large groups, both tables are used together. The heated salt water pool is 10 m x 5 m with an automated shutter and alarm for security. The Château has its own vines and makes its own wine.