Mariposa Chalet Rental Photos and Description
Chalet, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 2-6)
QUOTED RATES BASED ON TWO PEOPLE plus tax and fees. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY is 4 (from April - November) and 6 (from December - March). Rates are based on the time of year, length of stay and the number of people in the party (regardless of age), plus cleaning fee, tax, pet fee if applicable , out-of-country transaction fee if applicable and the security deposit.
DISCOVER THE SECRET...Yosemite Hideaway...exceeding expectations since 1995...
Congratulations...You found us! As a recent guest said...We felt like how the '49ers must have felt when they discovered gold!
The area's best-kept secret, this gorgeous hideaway with million-dollar 100-mile views, is perched atop a mountain on a unique 122-acre ranch. This spectacular piece of paradise is perfect for a discreet ROMANTIC GETAWAY or HONEYMOON. We book to only one party at a time--ideally 1 to 2 couples--you have the whole 1,400 sf hideaway to yourselves including the expansive decks, barbecue, private pool & hot tub, fireplace, and full kitchen. For those that are looking for a more active getaway, this property offers lots of acreage for off-trail hiking and exploring, birding and nature photography. You might also stumble upon one of the two historic gold mines on the property!
For additional photos, info, rates, cancellation policy and map, please visit our website - click on the link on VRBO to visit our website - indianpeakranch com .
Inquire about our pet policy - some restrictions apply and there is a pet fee.
To book a reservation or to be put on the waiting list, please CALL US. Phone call requests have first priority as availability is constantly changing. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT TENTATIVE RESERVATIONS DO NOT SHOW ON THE CALENDAR. TO CHECK ON AVAILABILITY please call us at .......2 0 9 - 9 6 6 - 5 2 5 9
or email us at..........................
i n d i a n p e a k r a n c h [at] s t i . n e t
Centrally located between the Arch Rock Entrance and Southern Entrance to Yosemite National Park, and especially suited to those wanting to go to Yosemite National Park during the day, but desire to get away from the crowds in the evening. This facility has the distinction of being the only facility of its’ kind in Mariposa County – Home to Yosemite National Park. It is the only vacation home on agricultural-zoned land, thus surrounded by miles of wide-open space - mountains, rolling hills, creeks, valleys and unbelievable views in every direction.
Please note that the map on this site showing our location is inaccurate...the ranch is not located in the town of Mariposa. Please visit our Indian Peak Ranch website, and click on MAP for exact location.
* LIVING AREA INCLUDES...
• wood paneled walls
• high open beam and pine ceiling
• massive fieldstone fireplace (for use November - April)
• ample supply of firewood provided
• sofa and club-chair
• FM stereo receiver & ipod connection
• CD player
• stereo speakers inside and outside
• Satellite TV (flat-screen) and DVD player
• easy access to outside decks and those incredible views.
* KITCHEN / DINING AREA INCLUDES...
• dishwasher / disposal
• electric stove top & oven
• refrigerator w/ ice-maker
• microwave oven
• toaster, blender, coffee maker & grinder
• pots and pans, dishes and utensils
• fresh linens
• seating in dining area for 6 comfortably
• easy access to BBQ and outside eating area
* BEDROOMS / BATHS INCLUDE...
• wood paneled walls and pine ceilings
• large master bedroom w/ a plush-top king bed, sofa, fireplace, stereo, flat-screen TV
• cozy second bedroom w/ a plush-top queen bed
• two twin roll-away beds
• all beds with fresh linens
• one larger bath w/ combination tub / shower
• one smaller bath w/ small shower (more like a half bath)
• bathroom amenities and bath towels provided
* OUTSIDE AREA INCLUDES...
• 1,900 sf redwood deck wrapping around the house with 100 miles of uninterrupted views
• all day sun and spectacular sunsets
• built-in BBQ (charcoal briquettes provided)
• outside eating area under a wisteria covered arbor
• 4 feet deep pool, perfect for cooling off during hot summer months
• hot tub, under a canopy of stars, for year-round use
• beach towels provided
• chaises and plenty of outdoor furniture.
• Free WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS for your laptop or tablet.
• Cell phone reception atop the mountain for Verizon. And we now hear from our guests that several AT&T smart phones will work at the hideaway.
• Land-line phone available upon request (for use with your calling card)
• Central air-conditioning and heat
• Use of Washer / Dryer (for stays of 7 nights or more),
• Non Smoking
• Not Handicap Accessible & not recommended for those with mobility issues, nor for those with a fear of heights (after all - it is a mountaintop! :-)
• Inappropriate for children under the age of 8. Please note that the charge for additional guests applies to children regardless of age.
• Paved half-mile driveway to the top of the mountain
• Please be advised that a 4-wheel drive vehicle (plus chains) is required in order to visit the ranch from December thru March
• MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY is 4 (from April - November) and 6 (from December - March)
• And for those that do not have time to shop for groceries prior to their arrival, we offer an optional breakfast for the day after arrival - ask for details.
For more information about our accommodations, availability, rates, policies, guest comments, Frequently Asked Questions and additional photos please visit our website...........................
i n d i a n p e a k r a n c h , c o m .
Regarding Guest Reviews...We do not typically solicit reviews. Reason is that most guests that fall in love with the ranch want to keep it a secret and refuse to tell others about it as they want to make certain they will be able to get a reservation again and again. For those of you that like guest reviews please visit our website and click on guest comments as guests have no problem leaving a comment to be read by other guests during their stay. And please note that we welcome guest reviews on VRBO, but fully understand why guests prefer to keep this hideaway a secret.
Copyright © 2006-2014 Indian Peak Ranch - All rights reserved.
Keywords: 'Yosemite National Park', 'Yosemite Vacation Home', 'Yosemite Hideaway', 'Yosemite Rental', 'Yosemite Rentals', Luxury, Cabin, Pool, Spa, Views, Hiking, Birding, Rotary Club
- non smoking only
- pets considered
About The Owner
Professionally, Duane and Barbara are both in the field of architecture. Barbara is also a birder and had been trapping and banding hawks for the Golden Gate Raptor Observatory in the Marin Headlands for over 13 years before moving to the Yosemite area. She is now a USGS Master Hummingbird Bander. Duane, a transplant from southern Oregon by way of the bay area, grew up on a farm and had a desire to get back to working with the land as well as woodworking, which has become his passion. They now love sharing this special piece of paradise with guests worldwide.
Duane and Barbara have been volunteer fire lookouts for the US Forest Service for 17 years. They know the lay of the land and are more than willing to share their knowledge of the local topography. Duane is also an active member and past president of the Mariposa Rotary Club. He would be pleased to have you join him for an early morning breakfast meeting, if you need a make-up session.
The Owner purchased this chalet in 1995
Why The Owner chose Mariposa
The owners, Duane and Barbara, bought the ranch in 1995, after vacationing there for more than 7 years. They fell in love with the ranch from day one and had written a little note in the guestbook –-- “if you are ever interested in selling, call us”. As Duane likes to say – “it was really meant as a compliment”. But low and behold, the previous owner did call on Valentines Day in 1994 and asked if they would be interested in purchasing the ranch. After giving it some thought, they decided that they could indeed “give it all up” and move to the country. Thus they took ownership in March of 1995, and as they say, the rest is history. They have been greeting guests from all over the world since 1995.
Duane and Barbara have traveled extensively, but feel lucky to call the Sierra Foothills home. They continue to find Yosemite magical no matter what time of year. Recently they were hiking in Yosemite on a remote and less-traveled trail and were lucky to find themselves sharing the forest with a Great Gray Owl, the largest owl found in North America. This rare sighting was a moment to treasure.
What makes this chalet unique
The guesthouse at the ranch, known as the Yosemite Hideaway, is the original home on the property. Built in 1979, this jewel has a long and colorful history. Once you have stayed at the ranch, you will never forget it. As a recent Australian guest said – “it is a place that will stay with you forever”. It is truly that special and that magical. It is hard to describe what makes this place so special. Perhaps it is the incredible views or the solitude that words cannot describe. Honeymoon couples invariably arrive atop the mountain and quickly shed tears of joy for having found this place. This mountaintop hideaway is lodging like no other. Whether you think of it as a luxury hideaway or personal resort, it is truly unique.
Of special note...this property is an official USGS scientific hummingbird research site. The owner is a Master Hummingbird Bander and is currently working on a population genetics study with the University of California at Davis. If you are lucky you just might book a time when we will be banding hummingbirds. It is quite a treat to see these birds up close and personal. Banding sessions take place down the hill and adjacent to the owner's home. But don't worry, you will also see hummers at the mountaintop hideaway.
For more info visit indianpeakranch com.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We know you do not ask your guests to post online reviews, so we will write in your guestbook and share with those that are lucky enough to stay here. We just want to thank you so much for sharing this special piece of paradise. Our stay really has been beyond all expectations - the incredible views, the wildlife, the hot tub under the stars, the decor and warmth of the house. We have stayed at many vacation homes through the years and nothing compares to this. This is more than a vacation home - it is a destination. What an amazing place! It is obvious that you take great pride in making this place feel like home. We feel so fortunate that we were here to observe you band hummingbirds - really the highlight of our trip. We still find it hard to believe that hummingbirds remain so calm when being handled. We loved Yosemite and your recommendation to hike Sentinel Dome was great advice - what a view! We hope to return next year so you can expect a call from us when we return home. All our best, Peggy and Jeff...
Owners response: While it is true that we do not solicit reviews, we welcome reviews. However, we continually hear that most people want to keep this place a secret so that they will be able to get a reservation again and again.