Stresa Apartment Rental Photos and Description
A beautiful apartment with stunning views of Lake Maggiore
This charming apartment has a wonderful terrace offering panoramic views of the lake and mountains. The modern fitted kitchen offers breakfast bar, fridge/freezer, gas hob, electric oven, microwave, coffee maker and washing machine with patio doors to terrace. The living area has two comfortable leather sofas, coffee table, flat panel Sony TV ( UK satellite channels), DVD with WIFI access . The bright and sunny double bedroom has copious wardrobe space and patio doors to terrace. The fully tiled bathroom with bath has a powerful overhead shower. The spacious terrace is fully equipped with sun umbrella, table, chairs and sun loungers for sunrise cappucino or sunset aperitivo! Entry to the property is via electronic gates or intercom access and secure private parking is available outside the apartment. Ideal for couples and singles. A warm welcome awaits you from our local agent offering assistance to ensure you have an unforgettable holiday.
The apartment is situated in the district of Carciano in Stresa and forms part of a small private Italian residence with security gates and private parking. A few minutes walk will take you to the local post office, supermarket, church and down to the Carciano Port where the lake front provides local taxi boats to visit the beautiful Isole Madre, Pescatore and Isola Bella. In the Port there is a newly built public pool for swimming and sunbathing (ready, Summer 2013), where you can almost touch the lake and islands whilst enjoying the local port restaurants and cafes. The cable car will whisk you up to the top of Mount Mottarone where the panormic views are stunning. Stresa railway station is about a 12-15 minute walk from the apartment with regular trains to Milan, Switzerland and the local lakeside towns. From Carciano Port follow the lake walk to Stresa and admire the breath taking views across the lake and the beautiful baroque buildings, wonderful little shops and excellent restaurants, cafes and wine bars in the town of Stresa. A regular boat and ferry service transports you across the lake to the Borromean Islands and local lakeside towns and villages. There is also a daily super-fast hydrofoil to Switzerland. A number of local markets offer a range of fresh produce in Stresa and in the villages around the lake. The world famous Stresa Music Festival takes place during the Summer months attracting visitors from all over the world. Whilst a car is not essential is it recommended, and will ensure you have the opportunity to see all that this wonderful area has to offer.
Things to see and hear and touch!!
- Stresa's annual Music Festival from June to September. Schedule of events at www.stresafestival.eu
- Isola Bella's opulent palace, peacocks, monumental gardens, restaurants and lakeside market.
- Isola Madre's magnificent old villa has amazing frescos, ornate furniture and rambling gardens.
- Isola Pescatori, an old fishing island village with great restaurants and unique little gift shops.
- Villa Taranto gardens with its amazing collection of plants and flowers from all over the world.
- Rocca Borromeo in Angera, a medieval building with fantastic views from the ancient tower.
- Orta Sacro Monte is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site with 20 chapels depicting the life of St. Francis.
- Santa Caterina del Sasso is a hermitage clinging to the rocks above Lake Maggiore.
- The trenino tour of the area departs from Stresa carpark on the lake and is fun for all the family!
- Things to do!: - A fabulous panoramic trip on the Mottarone cable car with outstanding views.
- Alpyland is a coaster bob ride at the top of Mottarone with a 750m track (not for the faint hearted).
- The Laveno Bucket lift ascends the slopes of Mount Sasso del Ferro (frightening, but FUN)
- Fab Italian markets in Stresa (Friday), Intra (Saturday), Cannobio (Sunday ) Luino (Wednesday) take the boat!
- Mountain bike/road bike hire/boat hire.
- Train to Milan from Stresa in 50 minutes, visit the Duoma, La Scala and designer shopping is a must!
- Visit magnificent Lake Orta for its romance, quiet beauty and serenity, a breathtaking jewel of a lake.
- Cafe Torino in Stresa square offers great value food and entertainment on Friday & Saturday evening.
- Take a day trip to Switzerland (around 45 minutes) on the speedy hydrofoil.
- Alpine Mountain trecking or leisurely flat, a walker's paradise!
- unsuitable for elderly or infirm
- pets considered
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Long-term Renters Welcome
The apartment is very special with a wonderful terrace overlooking the lake and mountains. You can chill out with an aperitivo, breakfast, lunch or dinner and as the apartment is private you will not be overlooked. The local supermarket and post office is a 5 minute walk and at the bottom of the road you are on the beautiful Lake front where there are restaurants and boats to take you over to the Islands. The funivia will take you up into the mountains and is a wonderful trip for all the family. A variety of restaurants for all budgets can be found in the beautiful town of Stresa with its cobbled roads and unique shops. Transportation links are easy with local buses and Stresa railway station as well as regular taxi boats across the lake.
The apartment is located in a very special place overlooking the Lake and Mountains. The wonderful large terrace is not overlooked and you can relax and chill out with an aperitivo, breakfast, lunch or dinner and watch the view changing directly across the Lake. The building is secure with private parking and the local supermarket and post office are in easy walking distance. At the bottom of this road you are on the beautiful Lake front which will take you into Stresa. The apartment is located in an Italian residence...so you truly are among the local Italian people.