|Minimum Stay||5 - 30 nights|
This beautiful private apartment has a wonderful terrace offering panoramic views of the lake and mountains. The modern fitted kitchen offers breakfast bar, fridge/freezer, gas hob, electric oven, microwave, coffee maker and washing machine with patio doors to terrace. The living area has two comfortable leather sofas, coffee table, flat panel Sony TV ( UK satellite channels), DVD with and broadband. The bright and sunny double bedroom has copious wardrobe space and patio doors to terrace. The fully tiled bathroom with bath has a powerful overhead shower. The spacious terrace is fully equipped in the Summer months with sun umbrella, table, chairs and sun loungers for sunrise cappucino or sunset aperitivo! During the Winter months the views are spectacular across the lake to the snow capped Italian Alps and the apartment is warm and cosy with gas central heating and double glazing. Entry to the property is via electronic gates or intercom access and secure private parking is available just outside the apartment. A warm welcome awaits you from our local agent offering assistance if required to help you settle in. The apartment is available today for short or long term business rental or vacation. A managed service package can be put together for long term rental guests which can include additional services including cleaning and meals if required.
The apartment is situated in the district of Carciano in Stresa and forms part of a small private Italian residence with security gates and private parking. A few minutes walk will take you to the local post office, supermarket, church and down to the Carciano Port where the lake front provides local taxi boats to visit the beautiful Isole Madre, Pescatore and Isola Bella. In the Port there is a newly built public pool for swimming and sunbathing in the Summer months where you can almost touch the lake and islands whilst enjoying the local restaurants and cafes and stupendous views. The cable car will whisk you up to the top of Mount Mottarone where the panormic views are stunning. Stresa railway station is about a 12-15 minute walk from the apartment with regular trains to Expo 2015, the centre of Milan, Switzerland and the local lakeside towns. Just a stone’s throw from the town of Stresa, in the Borromean Gulf, the Mottarone Ski Centre overlooks the Lake Maggiore, Lake Orta, Monte Bianco and the Monte Rosa.
From the town of Carciano, a cable car will take you to the 21 Mottarone ski trails: here 7 platter lifts will take you to trails of various lenghts and difficulties.
From Carciano Port, a few minutes from the apartment, follow the lake walk to Stresa and admire the breath taking views across the lake and the beautiful baroque buildings, wonderful little shops and excellent restaurants, cafes and wine bars in the town of Stresa. A regular boat and ferry service transports you across the lake to the Borromean Islands and local lakeside towns and villages. There is also a daily super-fast hydrofoil to Switzerland. A number of local markets offer a range of fresh produce in Stresa and in the villages around the lake. The world famous Stresa Music Festival takes place during the Summer months attracting visitors from all over the world. Whilst a car is not essential is it recommended, and will ensure you have the opportunity to see all that this wonderful area has to offer.
Things to see and hear and touch!!
- Stresa's annual Music Festival from June to September. Schedule of events at www.stresafestival.eu
- Isola Bella's opulent palace, peacocks, monumental gardens, restaurants and lakeside market.
- Isola Madre's magnificent old villa has amazing frescos, ornate furniture and rambling gardens.
- Isola Pescatori, an old fishing island village with great restaurants and unique little gift shops.
- Villa Taranto gardens with its amazing collection of plants and flowers from all over the world voted as one of the most beautiful gardens in the world in 2014!.
- Rocca Borromeo in Angera, a medieval building with fantastic views from the ancient tower.
- Orta Sacro Monte is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site with 20 chapels depicting the life of St. Francis.
- Santa Caterina del Sasso is a hermitage clinging to the rocks above Lake Maggiore.
- The trenino tour of the area departs from Stresa carpark on the lake and is fun for all the family!
- Things to do!: - A fabulous panoramic trip on the Mottarone cable car with outstanding views, and in the winter months skiing at its best!.
- Alpyland is a coaster bob ride at the top of Mottarone with a 750m track (not for the faint hearted).
- The Laveno Bucket lift ascends the slopes of Mount Sasso del Ferro (frightening, but FUN)
- Fantastic local produce and products at the Italian markets in Stresa (Friday), Intra (Saturday), Cannobio (Sunday ) Luino (Wednesday) take the boat!
- Mountain bike/road bike hire/boat hire.
- Train to Milan from Stresa in 55 minutes, visit the Duoma, La Scala and designer shopping is a must!
- Visit magnificent Lake Orta for its romance, quiet beauty and serenity, a breathtaking jewel of a lake.
- Cafe Torino in Stresa square offers great value food and entertainment on Friday & Saturday evening.
- Take a day trip to Switzerland (around 45 minutes) on the speedy hydrofoil.
- Alpine Mountain trecking or leisurely flat, a walker's paradise!
Golf: Golf Club des Iles Borromées is a 10 minute drive from Stresa. Follow the signs for the A26 motorway and Gignese. The course has 18 holes and a par of 72. Tee information: 6,122 metres. 30 electric golf carts, golf clubs and trolleys for hire. Alpino Golf Club, is situated in Vezzo, near Gignese, a 15 minute drive from Stresa. The course has 9 holes and a par of 35. Tee information: 2,723 metres. Golf clubs and carts can be rented. The Golf and Sporting Club Verbania is approximately 25 minutes drive from Stresa. The course has 9 holes and a par of 34. Take the A26 motorway from Gravellona and exit at either Baveno or Verbania.
Ski: Domobianca ski resort is around 30 minutes drive from Stresa in the direction of Gravellona. Take the E62 motorway north to Domodossala. Domobianca caters for intermediate to advanced levels and the Italian ski team train here.
Mottarone ski resort can be reached by cable car from Carciano Port or motor car (both take around 20 minutes) The drive will take you through the National Park (5 Euro) and you should follow the signs for Gignese and then Mottarone. The resort caters for beginners and intermediate levels.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 8 2014 - Mar 31 2015
30 night minimum stay
Mar 27 2016 - Sep 30 2016
5 night minimum stay
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Terms and Conditions
- Long term rentals negotiable - tailored package to suit!
- Personal welcome, familiarisation of apartment, welcome book.
- Inclusive of utility and broadband services, TV (UK satellite), DVD
- Private secure parking / secure entry buzzer
- Deposit of 20% required on confirmation of booking, balance to be paid 4 weeks before arrival.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (GBP) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.