Blockley House Rental Photos and Description
Sleeps 8+1 in 4 bedrooms. Lovely upstairs bathroom and downstairs toilet.
IMPORTANT CUSTOMER NOTICE: HOMEAWAY, OWNERS DIRECT AND VRBO SUGGEST NIGHTLY RATES ARE AVAILABLE, BY USING THE CALCULATOR WIDGET. THIS IS NOT TRUE! OUR WEEKS, MID-WEEKS AND WEEKENDS ARE SOLD AS FIXED PRICE BOOKING SLOTS (SEE THE NOTES TO THE RENTAL RATES FOR MORE DETAIL) AND PRICES ARE NOT CALCULATED USING NIGHTLY RATES. ANY QUOTES OBTAINED BY USING THE CALCULATOR PROVIDED ON THIS SITE ARE INACCURATE AND ARE INVALID. PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR ACCURATE PRICING!
Built from honey coloured Cotswold stone and dating back more than 150 years, Arlington House is a Grade II listed, grand Georgian house, located in the peaceful and picturesque village of Blockley. The village has two pubs, as well as an award winning village shop & café, and is located close to the beautiful market towns of Moreton-in-Marsh, Chipping Campden and Stow-on-the-Wold. Many walks through the stunning Cotswolds countryside are available on the doorstep and the house is within easy reach of numerous attractions.
Arlington House has many period features, including large sash windows, window seats, high ceilings and elaborate cornicing. The current owners have furnished the house with a unique collection of furniture, pictures, ornaments and books collected from many years of overseas travel, with the eclectic furnishings complemented by modern facilities, including wireless broadband and digital TV, as well as an Aga in the large kitchen. There is a lovely private courtyard outside the house, which leads to a peaceful, enclosed garden.
Arlington House sleeps 8+1 people (with the +1 being a small child’s bed), in four bedrooms, with a beautiful family bathroom. Quiet on street parking is freely available. The house is an ideal location for a large family holiday or for groups of friends seeking a beautiful country retreat.
Arlington House’s front door opens into a grand entrance hall with a chandelier and a sweeping staircase to the first floor.
The ground floor rooms leading from the hallway are:
- Living room: A high ceiling, elaborate cornicing, window seats and large sash windows, give the room a feeling of grandeur. There is a real effect gas fire and seating for eight;
- Dining room: Contains an antique dining table, with an eclectic mix of modern and antique dining chairs seating eight, as well as a TV viewing area, with a large corner sofa. There is also a real effect gas fire;
- Kitchen: Accessed through the dining room, the large kitchen has a table, with seating for five people, an Aga, separate hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer;
- Downstairs toilet: Contains a toilet and wash basin.
The stairs from the hallway lead to a large first floor landing with a window seat and small desk. Leading off the landing are:
- Bedroom 1: Contains a beautiful antique double bed;
- Bedroom 2: A dual aspect, corner room, containing two single beds, which can be joined together to make a super king size bed;
- Family bathroom: a large, bright room with oak flooring, containing a free standing roll top bath, separate shower, toilet and wash basin;
- Bedroom 3: Contains a double bed.
The final bedroom is accessed via bedroom 3:
- Bedroom 4: An eaves room, containing two full size single beds. There is also a small child’s bed, built into the eaves, suitable for children up to 10 years old, which can be made up at a cost of £20 per booking.
Returning downstairs, a back door leads out from the dining room/kitchen to a fabulous, private courtyard with external lighting and garden furniture. A path from the courtyard then leads to a beautiful, fully enclosed, lawned garden.
- wheelchair inaccessible
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- pets considered
Guestbook comments from the manager
Absolutely, we had a lovely stay and found the house to be lovely and clean and welcoming. It was well equiped and was big enough for our large famiy's needs. The fresh cake left was a nice welcome with a cup of tea when we arrived! My sister and her Fiancee had the larger bed and I know that she felt like the princess and the pea being up so high. My husband and I opted for the larger, joined bed as I am 6 months pregnant and we found this to be very comfortable. I know my mum was very happy with her bed and my little sister (aged 9) loved having the annex and found it a complete novelty!
Our only gripe was someone had left their car parked outside the front of the house and it looked like it had been there for sometime which was not very nice to look at and made parking for all our cars a bit difficult but obviously this was nothing to do with the house or yourselves!
Thank you again, I would definately recommend Arlington to anyone and would use your company again.