Located in Herdade da Comporta, in Portugal, our lodge lies about 1 hour from Lisbon and around 3 hours from Madrid, Spain. Within a Natural Reserve and very close to the idealistic beaches of Comporta, Carvalhal and Pego, it's an unforgettable getaway for up to 2 couples and 2 children sharing great relaxing holidays by the seaside and in close contact with nature.
Our lodge benefits from the facilities provided by the local resort including weekly house-keeping, 24-hour security, a large biological swimming pool, a biological vegetables garden, a large BBQ for your family and friends, and loads loads of sympathy. Come & discover Comporta, we promise you will want to come back! :). Visit us on facebook for more. Cheers from Comporta!
A vast Natural & preserved heritage: 'Herdade da Comporta' is a place of extraordinary splendour, where the sun emphasizes its intense vibrant colours and the soil generously reveals what its best has to offer. It's a place that offers a variety of sensations, fragrances and flavours that mix in perfect harmony with the oceans breeze and the naturally green forest.
'Herdade da Comporta' is one of the largest estates in the country, sert in the Alentejo coast, with an environmental and ecological heritage of priceless value. It comprises 12.500 hectares of dunes, beaches, forests, meadows and marshlands divided between Alcacer do Sal and Grandola's constituencies.
The best beaches in Portugal: 1) Carvalhal beach: Famous in the past years as one of the most trendy beaches in Grandola region. The beach amenities have been upgraded over the years and now Carvalhal beach is presented at its best. This is a perfect destination for surf and kite surf pratictioners, as it offers great natural conditions for these kinds of sport.
2) Pego beach: It's becoming every year more famous and well known. Surrounded by a great natural beauty, combining a wide dune extension. an extensive sandy area and the charming ocean. The beach is endowed with renewed amenities, such as wooden runner, that show off the crescent frequency of the Pego beach.
3) Comporta beach: Situated in the limits of the wonderful Sado Estuary Natural Reserve, which allows the region to preserve all its astonishing natural beauty. Comporta combines the charm of its dunes, the extensive pine tree area and the refreshing ocean. Good conditions for the practice of surf or kite surf.
The Restaurants - Living unforgettable flavours: The gastronomy pleasures are also enjoyed here. Specialties such as rice with clams or corlander, fried squid or fresh fish, are some of the most popular meals you can taste in the restaurants of the region:
1) 'Museu do Arroz': Located in Comporta, this building was used previously as a rice factory and was restored in 2006 for tourism purposes. As you can guess, savoury rice dishes are the specialty. Other than rice, there is a great variety of fresh fish, tasty and tender meat, starters and traditional desserts that make your mouth water.
2) 'Comporta Café': This magical place at Comporta beach, facing the blue ocean, offers a familiar and relaxed environment, excellent service and ideal musical choice
3) 'Praia do Peixe': Pego beach is more and more sought after, as much for its natural beauty as the excellent facilities it offers. This restaurant, set within immense sandy shoreline, invites you to try local delicancies whilst contemplanting your surroundings.