Oia Mansion has five levels. The Ground floor (about 165m2) consists of the pebble - paved yard, the living room, the dining room which seats 8 - 10 people, the captain's office, the kitchen with all the modern amenities, a sky lighted patio with a built in peripheral sofa & table, the master bedroom with the veranda, the bedroom next to the patio. Both bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms.
The First floor (about 41m2) incorporates two chambers, the Aegean bedroom and the bedroom with the patio view, the area of hygiene with the window on the ceiling & the staircase that leads to the terrace.
The Terrace (about 110m2) with truly stunning & famous Oia sunset - that stands among Greece's most recognisable icons - from the best point of the island while relaxing on the comfortable couches.
The Jacuzzi level (about 22m2)level from which one can view the sun going down on this unique scenery.
OIA MANSION: PER PERSON RATES – 2015
Period A: 01/01 - 31/03 & 01/11 - 31/12
Period B: 01/04 - 14/06 & 16/09 - 31/10
Period C: 15/06 - 15/09
Period A Period B Period C.
for 2 persons 750 € 900 € 1.200 €
for 3 persons 850 € 1.000 € 1.350 €
for 4 persons 950 € 1.150 € 1.500 €
for 5 persons 1.050 € 1.250 € 1.650 €
for 6 persons 1.150 € 1.400 € 1.800 €
for 7 persons 1.250 € 1.500 € 1.950 €
for 8 persons 1.350 € 1.600 € 2.100 €
Curriculum Vitae - Loucas N. Nomicos. Nationality : British, Dob:20/1/1966, Married with two children, Languages : Greek , English (Fluent). Experience: Since 2008 President & C.E.O. of Novo S.A. Since 2007 Partner in Solaris Investments Ltd. Since 1997 C.E.O. of Nomicos Lines (NL). 1989-1999 CEO of Sporades Lines Conference (SLC) - General Manager. Educational background : 1993 Young Managers Program - Insead Business School. 1987 - 1989 MSc in Shipping , Trade and Finance - City University Business School. 1984 - 1987 Bsc in Economics - University of Essex. 1974 - 1984 Athens College. Interests: Water & snow skiing , Ribs, swimming , sailing , tennis , squash ,cinema , theater & travel.
This property has been in the family for four generations. It is what travel agents say that there are three major factors that determine a property. Location, location & location. Believe me is has all three factors. Being a renovated captains house it has the charm of a previous era, with its cross carved vaulted high ceilings, its china, cabinets, Venetian mirrors, old chandeliers all combined with all modern furniture & facilities. Once you stay in this beautiful mansion you will feel the aura of the house & you will understand what I'm saying is merely an understatement. You will view the sunset from the highest point in the settlement & you will feel totally privileged because you will be "in the Gods", from the inside of a Jacuzzi. There are no cars & the athmoshere is very clean.
Lots of benefits.
Special interest holidays:
Oia Mansion is ideal for special Interests, especially during the winter months.
1. Planning a wedding on the terrace or on the small chapel of the islet of St Nicolas. A small reception can be arranged on all levels of the house
2. Oia a mansion is a perfect location for filming & advertising
3. It is an ideal place, especially in the winter, for one to find himself i.e. for artists that value peace and quiet, psychological groups, raki & yoga fans, etc.
It is the only house in Oia that works all year round, has central heating & has large communal spaces.
4. There is a large variety of museums on the island, Akrotiri being the best known dated in the 17th century BC
5. Probably the most gastronomic destination of the Aegean
6. Wine tasting. The volcanic soil gives Santorini wine
7. walking on the marked paths from Oia to Fira
8. Viewing the sunset
Oia mansions is:
1. St Nicolas islet 30min on foot - 20min by car. Very popular for diving
2. Armeni beach 20min on foot. Small beach with a tavern
3. Baxedes beach 10min by car. Large beach on the North side
4. Columbus beach 15min by car. Highly recommended
5. Kamari beach, Perivolas, Perissa, Red beach, Vlihada 40 to 50 min. All these beaches are very large sandy beaches. The black sand makes them unique. Perivolas is one the most trendy beaches with snacks services under the umbrella.
Santorini Airport 40 min by car from Oia Mansion
Fira Port 45 min by car from Oia Mansion
Car park from Oia Mansion less than 5 min
There are 2 ways to get around either by car or by taxi. I would recommend that you hire a car.
Oia Mansion distances:
1. In the town centre (maritime museum)
2. Imerovigli 20 min by car
3. Firostefani 20 min by car
4. Fira 20 min by car (archaeological museum)
5. Pirgos 30 min by car
6. Vlihada 45 min by car
7. Perissa 50 min by car
8. Akrotiri 45 min by car (excavations)
9. Kamari 50 min by car
In Oia people are very friendly. There are a lot of things to do all day round. It is a place for honeymooners, for couples in love & people that want to make some serious decisions
There is a variety of shops, supermarkets, art galleries, restaurants bistorts, bars & a museum. You can buy anything ranging from clothes, to decorative items. There beauty saloons, spa, yoga, raki, gym facilities, post office & whatever one needs. Although there are ATM machines there is no bank in Oia.
You can arrange daily cruises to the volcano, around the island or to see the sunset, either by a motor vessel, or a sailing boat. These cruises are very popular & are also available in private.
The food is exceptionally good, ranging from the Souvlaki to the fish taverns in ammoudi & the 3 of the best gourmet restaurants on the island. All restaurants are a good value for money.
You should also visit the maritime museum which shows the history of Greek seamen & ship-owners.
At night you can enjoy the local bistorts or you can dance at the local bars.
There is also a very famous book store that you should visit.