Location: Roasts, Municipality of Rianxo, A Coruña.
On the north bank of the Ria de Arosa.
Location: In a quiet area of ??grass fields where a few meters away is a river surrounded by trees trout.
Two kilometers from the beach, you can enjoy the countryside and the beach without having to waste time traveling.
It is located in an area well served by road, 35 minutes from Santiago de Compostela and Pontevedra, Vigo 60 min and 90 min of Corunna.
Rianxo is located in the province of A Coruña, in the bottom of the estuary, on the right bank of the river Ulla. Arosa belongs to Region-North and is about thirteen thousand. It has six parishes: O Araño, Roasts, Isorna, Leiro, Rianxo and Taragoña.
The territory has an irregular Rianxo configured by Quintáns mountains and a river network (Te, Ulla) that has marked the spot with different valleys. This, along with the warm and humid climate, the economy has meant that is based mainly on agriculture (vineyards, orchards and pastures). Nor can we forget the inshore fishing and mussel farming devoted to family businesses that sell their catch at the fish market.
Rianxo is 45 kilometers from Santiago de Compostela and A Coruna 104.
WHAT TO SEE? - WHAT TO DO?
The north shore of the Ria de Arosa, in the region of the Sierra del BARBANZA in the municipality of Rianxo, A Coruña, may you enjoy the sea and the mountain in peace without having to endure overwhelming crowds.
In the next village of Caton is held in August Viking party Caton towers, which is parodied what could be a Viking attack, simunlando one replevin with authentic Viking DRAKARS typical warehouses, authentic replicas made and studied the minimum detail by archaeologists, where during the summer you can see in front of these towers enriching the historical. These medieval defensive towers along the Rio Ulla demonstrate its defensive function in the area, indicating the route of the incursion of the Viking ships formerly ascended the river.
- Archaeological heritage. Roasted found in a dolmen and megalithic remains of a necropolis with tombs shaped mounds (called dolmens in Galicia).
- Roman remains. Roasted In the parish has discovered a time of Nero headstone with reliefs depicting the persecution of Christians and other remains of mosaics, etc.
- Manor of Asadelos. Although poorly maintained can still appreciate the large covered veranda and Torrado shield with emblems, towers and scallops, embraced by a siren.
- Parish Church of St. Columba. In Rianxo, built in the fifteenth century, but with Gothic, and Baroque platerescos.
- Chapel of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Built in the seventeenth century on an older save the image of the Virgin of Guadalupe to referring the Galician popular song 'A Rianxeira'. The interior of the chapel is a single nave gable. The facade is Baroque pediment py is the image of the Virgin of Guadalupe accompanied by angels. Everything COONa with a rosette and a belfry for two bells.
- Beaches. We can find a variety of beaches from large sandy beach Taragoña as most of the municipality or Tanxil beach with good facilities and a magnificent promenade or small coves like those found in the parish of Brion. Both of them, as in the calm waters of the estuary, we can practice many sports such as fishing, rowing, canoeing, etc.
- Sports and excursions. The Sierra del BARBANZA and Wall Mount is an ideal place to go trekking and enjoy beautiful scenery.
The location of Rianxo in Arosa estuary gives it a major tourist attraction, especially in the summer, with beaches and sea as the main magnets, allowing the enjoyment of all kinds of sports, with good mooring infrastructure and services, Rianxo nautical through. It also has the advantages of a well maintained landscape with a series of viewpoints that make it more appealing. So, from Mount A Wall in the parish of Araño, overlooks Rianxo and all Arosa estuary, the BARBANZA and the Muros and Noia, Santiago de Compostela, the Ulla river and its surroundings. From the viewpoint of Castro, in the parish of Taragoña, you see the whole valley and Taragoña Roasts, Rianxo Cove, the BARBANZA and Arosa estuary, and from Mount Pena, in the parish of Leiro, overlooks the Ulla river mouth, partially estuary, Rianxo Cove without the villa.
• Earth: Mountain bike - mountain biking, climbing, Golf, Hiking, Paintball, Bungee jumping, Horseback riding, hiking - trekking, Archery.
• Water: Diving, Canyoning, Water Skiing, Sledging, Canoeing, Rafting, Boat tours, Surfing, Windsurfing, Sailing, Fishing.
• Air: Paragliding.
The privileged status of the Ancient House of San Jose allows you to do sports and leisure activities on the environment:
- Feast of St. Lucia. In December.
- Summer Party. First half of August in the different parishes of Rianxo.
- Festival of the Virgin of Guadalupe. Rianxo are held in the first half of September with maritime procession and midnight concert (all orchestras play A Rianxeira), sports, religious, cultural, etc..