Kali House Rental Photos and Description
Great home in Kali on the island of Ugljan for up to 6 people
DESCRIPTION OF THE HOUSE AND RENTAL RATES:
Single family house on 2 storeys, 160 m², 5-rooms:
• sitting room with fireplace, Satellite TV, DVD and video player , a/c.
• fully equipped kitchen with side-by-side fridge/freezer with ice maker, electric stove, glass hob, microwave, dishwasher incl. tabs, coffee maker, toaster, dining room with satellite-TV.
• Kitchen open to dining room with table for 6-8 people, Satellite TV, a/c, wood stove.
• 3 bedrooms, all a/c, and vents, insect screens: 2 with double bed, 1 with 2 single beds, 2 of the bedrooms with sea view, small and large balcony.
• 2 bathrooms with toilet and bidet, one with shower, one with shower/bathtub, hair dryers.
• extra toilet, washing machine, dryer, iron & board.
• outside: roofed over veranda, ventilators, large terrace with with barbecue, electric table grill, garden furniture, secluded roof terrace.
• bicycles in garage plus 2 bikes for children, parking for one car on premises, shaded; second car can be parked along waterfront within viewing range of the house; English games, video tapes, DVDs, and books.
• bars and bistro with simple fresh food (fish) within 60m, restaurant 250m, shops in village centre (60 m)
• high chair and baby/toddler cot available
• free Wi-Fi
• pets are allowed on prior agreement by landlord
• absolutely no smoking in the house
We do not charge a breakage deposit, since we have had no reason to do so. Of course we expect you to treat the house with consideration and care, and report breakage to the manager, who will help you with all questions; she speaks English and German.
Mountain bikes, scooters, boats, canoes, diving gear etc. can be hired on the island.
There are excellent biking and hiking tours. Information/guide books, maps are available at the house.
There are also diving schools.
Minimum rental period: 7 days.
Extra days can be booked for a slight surcharge.
The quoted price applies to an occupancy of 1-3, for more than 3 guests (4-6) add 70€ to the quoted price.
Make use of budget flights! No fixed days of arrival!
One child under the age of 11 is not counted and stays free.
The total price includes the final cleaning and bed linen, wi-fi, electricity, water.
A low tourist tax per person and day has to be paid locally and our manager will help you: 8 Kuna/day for adults, for 12-18 year-olds 3 -4 Kn/day (2013).
Booking the holiday home you make a down payment of 25%, the rest you pay no later than 20 days before you arrive at your holiday destination.
In case you have to cancel your booking - even shortly before your arrival! - we will only charge you the down payment (25%).
Enjoy your stay at the Dom na Mediteranu in Kali, on the Croatian island of Ugljan!
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets considered
- Long-term Renters Welcome
About Hans-Juergen Schmidt
I am German, my wife is English - and we live in Germany (Heidelberg area). We love travelling, but we also enjoy having a home away from home, where we can have contact with the local people. Our four adult daughters and two grandchildren live abroad and we manage to get together in Croatia most years and have great memories of these visits. Most of them come from England by plane (to Zadar airport). In the house there is a fourth bedroom, which we keep for ourselves and our clothes and personal belongings, so we can also get to Kali (via Zadar) quickly and with light cabin luggage. By taxi it takes you 10 minutes to the the ferry harbour in Zadar, after a 25 minute crossing you arrive in Preko, where you catch a bus and get off the first stop in Kali, after a 10 minute walk you are at the house!
Hans-Juergen Schmidt purchased this house in 2004
Why Hans-Juergen Schmidt chose Kali
We used to have a lovely thatched house in Hungary at lake Balaton, but my wife wanted a place at the Adriatic Sea and we were lucky to find this place on Ugljan. During the last 6 years we managed to improve the house and make it comfortable.
What makes this house unique
Ugljan is an ideal holiday resort. The lush green island is a great place for biking and walking tours and for all sorts of activities connected with the warm and clean water. Compared to the other islands around Zadar the frequent ferry connections give you a nice feeling being on an island without being cut off. We love sitting on the terrace, the veranda or the balcony sipping a glass of Croation Grasevina or a gin&tonic watching the boats go by in the distance, the fishing boats arriving and leaving the small harbour and observing the seagulls. The water is never the same: different shades, colour and movement. We cannot see the sun setting from our house but we can enjoy a magnificant sun rise in full glory!
The house is not situated in a remote place. There is always something happening. Besides all the activities in the little harbour there are people walking by on their way to the few shops in the village centre (3-4 min. walk) and cars and bikes also go by on the single track road.
We recommend excursions by car to the National Park Krka Water Falls and the historic old towns of Trogir and Split.
The local attraction is, of course, the Italian flair of the old walled city of Zadar. From shopping centres to great sighs you will find everything you are looking for in Zadar. Most sights/museeums are in the old walled-in city with nice reaturants and cafes. If you don't want to go on an extensive shopping tour in one of the big hypermarkets by car you can walk along the waterfront to Preko (35 min), or take the bike (15 min) or by bus to the ferry port. Ther passenger ticket costs around 3 EUR one way in the high season). On the ferry you will love the unforgettable view on the island and the Zadar coast line. Have an espesso or a pivo/beer on deck and after 25 min your arrive just opposite one of the gates to the old town. In the high season there also rather late boats coming back to Preko. There is a also car park at the ferry in Preko.