Porec is the most known holiday destination in Istria and ranks among the most beautiful resorts in Croatia in general together with Dubrovnik and Rovinj.
Five reasons, why you should spend your holidays in Porec:
- Easy access: Due to its central location in the north of Croatia, Porec can easily be reached.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site: Porec with its old town is part of the UNESCO World Heritage. Visiting the city is a must in any case.
- Destinations for a day out in Istria are within easy reach: If you want to know more about Croatia, Porec is a good starting point. You can easily reach the most important destinations for excursions by car.
- Crystal clear waters and great bays for swimming: Porec is the ideal holiday area for bathing and swimming.
- You can find a large leisure and sports offer in the region of Porec.
Porec is by far the biggest and most popular holiday destination in Istria. During the past years, more than 5 million overnight stays have been registered, which makes Porec the most substantial holiday region in whole Croatia.
Porec is not only popular with its guest because of its beautiful beaches, the big offer of sports and leisure facilities, but most of all due to the many sights in the region of Porec. The old town of Porec with the famous Euphrasian Basilica has been declared as World Heritage by the UNESCO. Visiting this delightful city is a must for each Istria visitor.
Porec is especially interesting for active travellers, who are not seeking for relaxation, but want to discover Istria. Due to the central position of Porec, the most beautiful sights of Istria are quickly to reach.