Built in the medieval period nearby the church of Santa Maria delle Bocche, in 1471 the palace passed from the notary public Rinaldo Mezzaprile o the Ariosto family. In 1481 the building passed to the canon Brunoro Ariosto: the Christological monogram placed in the facade dates probably back to this period, in memory of the preaching of Bernardino da Siena in Ferrara, who adopted it as his emblem. The marble portal with archivolt and key bracket can be dated back to the sixteenth century While Brunoro was canon in Rovigo, his brother Nicolò established himself in the palace, of whom the world-famous Ludovico was born, at the time ten years-old. In this building, the author-to be of the Orlando Furioso studied with his tutor, Domenico Catabena from Argenta, and in all likelihood he wrote his first poems and few premature theatrical texts. In the house situated in via Del Giuoco del Pallone 31, Ludovico wrote long passages of the first draft of the Orlando Furioso, published in 1516.