Submitted: September 15, 2010
Stayed: August 2010
We stayed in this villa recently for our honeymoon and our first trip the usa, to our surprise the villa was average at best, the rubbish was still in the bin in the kitchen which was messy(dirty pans in the oven, towels on the utility floor and dirty plates in the dish washer) when we arrived, the back door lock is broken and only supported by a pull down bar to stop it being opened. also there is a busy main road and a school at the back of the villa which cant be seen in photos as is the closeness of the neighbors pools(very) so privacy is limited. The management group are helpful with any questions you have and the owner is pleasant to deal with. as for amenities the supermarket is 15 mins away and the nearest restaurants are 10 mins although the better ones are 25 mins away. There were many attractions near by but the theme parks are 35 mins away and any beaches are 1hr 45mins away at best with traffic. down town Disney is a must and so is the AMC cinema there. Disney and Universal studios are amazing but don't get sucked into the discount tickets that you can buy on the main strips as these tickets are either sell ons from previous customers or salesmen trying to sell timeshare deals over a breakfast. also the parks ask for id and use a finger print scanner so will confiscate any tickets reused.(glad we checked).
A car(Alamo are fantastic as we paid cash for hire) is a big must as there are no trains or buses nearby and taxis can be costly.
All in all a big villa but would not recommend to family or friends as it is far from perfect and not good for main attraction convenience but nice for a general holiday.
Families with Young Children
Owner's Response: I am not sure what this guest expected. We have been doing this business for years and this is the first complaint we have had. I will try to address the points individually:
1) Dirty Plates, towels on the utility floor - Having spoken to the management company I was assured that this was not the case. Here is the response, 'I spoke to the cleaner today and he said that he is sure there was no trash in the kitchen because he cleaned the fridge out and discard all the items from the fridge in the kitchen trash and then took it out to the big can in the garage. He said he normally spreads a towel at the entrance of the laundry room, but that was a clean towel for the guest to walk on. The dish washer were all clean dishes left by the previous guest and so he just rinse the dishes with water alone.' regarding the oven I was assured that there were no plates/pan/dishes in the oven.
2) Lock broken - again this is not true - the lock works properly. The pull down bar is there for added security to prevent the door been capable of opening without the bar being placed in the upright position.
3) Busy main road - There is a road on the other side of the lake. It is not a main road so I am not sure what the guest is complaining about.
4) Attracting and beaches - I am not sure what this complaint is about - the attractions are 15 -2 0 mins away so with traffic if it takes 35 minitues I am not sure what is wrong. Orlando is inland so geeting to the beach involves a bit of travel - again can't understand what the complaint is about.
5) The statement 'All in all a big villa but would not recommend to family or friends as it is far from perfect and not good for main attraction convenience but nice for a general holiday' - not sure what this is saying - if the villa is ok for general holiday then what is the problem?
I hope I have address all the points raised. I think it would have been more productive for the guest to discuss the points raided with the management company or ourselves.
The management people visted the villa to supervise the cutting of the grass and spoke to them while they wre there - not issues wrere raise
Helpful votes: 3/7
Did you find this review helpful?