Kingsbridge House Rental Photos and Description
Ideal for walkers, surfers, sailors, golfers, or just plain sitting around
Grade 2 listed cottage sleeps 8 in the centre of a lively South Hams village, 4 miles North of Kingsbridge. The Old School House retains its original features and character, offering space, warmth and comfort throughout the year.
The Old School House is in the centre of Loddiswell but enjoys views over the surrounding countryside. We are within minutes of the village SHOP open 7-9, Post Office and the Loddiswell Inn.
• Walled garden overlooking the church: BBQ patio
• Large living dining room( (5*4m) with open fireplace,
• Snug sitting room with wood burning stove TV/DVD
• Fully equipped kitchen/diner with AGA cooker, microwave
Separate kitchen extension with fridge/freezer, washing machine, dryer, and electric cooker . WIFI.
• Main double bedroom. 2 twins, and fourth with bunks
• 2 Bathrooms: upstairs Bath/shower, WC, and downstairs NEW shower and WC
• Off street parking
Well behaved dogs welcome by agreement
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets considered
Guestbook comments from the owner
Mr Robin Ritchie
We bought the Old School House when our youngest daughter was 10. She and her friends enjoyed many happy summers sailing and crabbing. Now our kids come with their friends, and our grandchildren! We love the walks from the house along the river Avon, and easy access to the coast and to Dartmoor.
The house feels warm all the year round- and comfortable rain or shine, whether you are a couple or a larger group, The village is friendly, the atmosphere VERY relaxed.
Log fires, AGA kitchen, 3 centuries of history: the local schoolmaster lived here. 20 mins to anywhere in the South hams!