1. SITTING ON A KNOLL AND CALLED "SUN HILL.". (ONE MILE NORTHWEST of DOWNTOWN ESTES and TWO BLOCKS ABOVE THE RIVER). A 1935 Arts and Craft Style Cottage refurbished with pink and teal floral barkcloth draperies like Grandma had and complimentary area rugs covering the hardwood floors. Decorated with Pink Flamingo and Cockatoo Turner prints like Aunt Kate had.
2. COZY COVERED FRONT PORCH overlooks Old Man Mountain, Long's Peak, The Beaver, along with other peaks and the Continental Divide. Porch has 2 high back rockers, and patio table for two. The three more outdoor seating areas and a hammock give guests lots of choices to read, sun, and relax.
3. LIVING AREA HAS LARGE LOG-BURNING FIREPLACE and a picture window framing Long's Peak to the South and one framing the Continental Divide to the West along with tons of built-in glass cabinets and shelves housing books, puzzles, and games.
4. BEAUTIFUL DISHES, bright, sunny east kitchen and separate dining with oak table provide for intimate or fun dining. An outdoor gas grill with a burner compliments the kitchen. Just so you know, there is no dishwasher.
5. SPACIOUS AND BRIGHT LAUNDRY houses a deep sink, separate tiny room for a second water closet and medicine cabinets with mirrors. Cabin has a clothesline! Main bath with original glass block wall, shower and deep tub has been updated and very light, bright, and charming!
6. IN WEST BEDROOM IS AN IRON QUEEN BED with zebra rug and fun antique furnishings.
7. 2nd BEDROOM has DOUBLE BED & a BRASS SINGLE BED!
8. WONDERFUL ARTWORK by local artist.
9. CREATURES GALORE including coyote and red fox! Deer and elk eat the crab-apples in the courtyard and drink from the hummingbird feeders. You can practically reach out and touch them off the front porch.
10. Cabin is within walking distance of downtown Estes, a Shopping Center with a Safeway, Drug/Liquor Store, Theatre, Hardware, McDonalds, Taco Bell, and restaurants galore!
11. Lots of outside choices for tables, rockers, lounge chairs, and a HAMMOCK in the front yard overlooking terrific mountain views!
11. CABANA - A great detached one room for extra guests renting at $75/night if you need it. Has great new shower/stool room, kitchenette with microwave and tiny refrigerator, coffeepot, toaster, etc. Iron Queen comfortable bed, cozy couch & table. Great spacious attached covered porch with unsurpassed views, adirondack chairs, and another HAMMOCK to sleep in rain or shine!
A great place to nest after being out in nature or downtown. Feels far removed and very quiet from the hustle and bustle. Interesting guest book for you to sign with owner wanting to add your picture to the decor!