1. SITTING ON A KNOLL AND CALLED "SUN HILL.". (ONE MILE NORTHWEST of DOWNTOWN ESTES and TWO BLOCKS ABOVE THE RIVER). A 1935 Arts and Craft Style Cottage refurbished with pink and teal floral barkcloth draperies like Grandma had and complimentary area rugs covering the hardwood floors. Decorated with Pink Flamingo and Cockatoo Turner prints like Aunt Kate had.
2. COZY COVERED FRONT PORCH overlooks Old Man Mountain, Long's Peak, The Beaver, along with other peaks and the Continental Divide. Porch has 2 high back rockers, and patio table for two. The three more outdoor seating areas and a hammock give guests lots of choices to read, sun, and relax.
3. LIVING AREA HAS LARGE LOG-BURNING FIREPLACE and a picture window framing Long's Peak to the South and one framing the Continental Divide to the West along with tons of built-in glass cabinets and shelves housing books, puzzles, and games.
4. BEAUTIFUL DISHES, bright, sunny east kitchen and separate dining with oak table provide for intimate or fun dining. An outdoor gas grill with a burner compliments the kitchen. Just so you know, there is no dishwasher.
5. SPACIOUS AND BRIGHT LAUNDRY houses a deep sink, separate tiny room for a second water closet and medicine cabinets with mirrors. Cabin has a clothesline! Main bath with original glass block wall, shower and deep tub has been updated and very light, bright, and charming!
6. IN WEST BEDROOM IS AN IRON QUEEN BED with zebra rug and fun antique furnishings.
7. 2nd BEDROOM has DOUBLE BED & a BRASS SINGLE BED!
8. WONDERFUL ARTWORK by local artist.
9. CREATURES GALORE including coyote and red fox! Deer and elk eat the crab-apples in the courtyard and drink from the hummingbird feeders. You can practically reach out and touch them off the front porch.
10. Cabin is within walking distance of downtown Estes, a Shopping Center with a Safeway, Drug/Liquor Store, Theatre, Hardware, McDonalds, Taco Bell, and restaurants galore!
11. Lots of outside choices for tables, rockers, lounge chairs, and a HAMMOCK in the front yard overlooking terrific mountain views!
11. CABANA - A great detached one room for extra guests renting at $75/night if you need it. Has great new shower/stool room, kitchenette with microwave and tiny refrigerator, coffeepot, toaster, etc. Iron Queen comfortable bed, cozy couch & table. Great spacious attached covered porch with unsurpassed views, adirondack chairs, and another HAMMOCK to sleep in rain or shine!
A great place to nest after being out in nature or downtown. Feels far removed and very quiet from the hustle and bustle. Interesting guest book for you to sign with owner wanting to add your picture to the decor!
Born in North Dakota, lived in Minnesota, South Dakota, and then Lincoln, Nebraska where I graduated from Union College in 1963. Taught 1 year at Union College in the Business Dept, and 2 years at Glendale Union Academy in Glendale, CA. Married a pilot who became a cropduster, and then we lived in Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Longmont, CO, Fort Collins, CO (flew off of what is now Kechter Road right in the southeast part of town)Steamboat, CO where we were ski bums and wintered, and presently in Greeley, CO and a Realtor for 33 yrs. Two grown sons, Hans & Jack, live in Washington. Built a log home in 1980 in the desirable and coveted Glenmere Park area - so have the mountain feeling while living in Greeley.
Love the mountains. Estes Park is especially breathtaking. It is only 1 hour from my doorstep. Was driving around one day before joining friends in Glen Haven for dinner, and came across this cabin for sale that I knew was just for me, a 1935 vintage cabin with wonderful bones and a covered porch with awesome views of Longs Peak and only a mile from downtown and yet very set apart, quiet and secluded that needed a ton of updating and redecorating. Peeked in the windows and decided there had to be hardwood floors under the ugly carpet, called the owner, scared myself silly by doing a reverse 1031 Exchange with a duplex I owned in Steamboat, and living happily everafter. Motto: "Destined to be an old woman with no regrets".
Lounging in the hammocks. Cooking on the outdoor grill. Watching and feeding the hummingbirds. Coming home one day at noon and finding 3 policeman at the property scaring off a bear that attempted to enter through the back screen. Watching a mother elk right after giving birth to her baby just steps from the back door of the cabana. Watched them all day long. Watching a bull elk guard his harem of 10 all day one Saturday just outside the covered porch with friends from Greeley. Watching coyotes and red fox cross the yard. Love the big blue jays. Have white lights up in the crabapple tree that shed the most beautiful pink glow over the tables in the courtyard. Having dinners with guests that invite me up and getting to know them. Having a guest enjoy getting engaged on the front porch, or having a wedding reception at the cabin, and the young families that so enjoy the property. Had a fantastic family reunion with 100% participation - 36 of us from all over the US. Live music, catered food, oh my! Taking a nap on the iron bed on the front porch. Reading a book with a fire roaring and the smell of logs burning in the white brick fireplace. Loud music when I am alone. Snowfalls are so majical. The most cozy and wonderful dining room with place settings, transferware, and candlelight! So enjoy hanging the wash on the clothesline in the sun and the fresh clean linen smell when folding.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.