|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Beautiful, five-bedroom (sleeps 14), two-and-one-half-bath home in a lovely woodland setting. Fully furnished including cable TV, free wireless Internet, and DVD/VCR. In the resort area, close to the ski lodge, golf course, and restaurants; within a short drive of the internationally acclaimed Skyline Drive. For more information or reservations, please call.
What to do? There is no shortage of options in the Valley:
* Massanutten Resort resort offers 27 holes of golf, skiing, snowboarding, and snowtubing as well as hiking, fishing, horseback riding, swimming, and miniature golf; Encounters Lounge brings in live bands for your entertainment; several eateries are located inside the resort.
* Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive are easily accessible for four-season hiking and scenic drives (severe winter weather may close drive), horseback riding, and breathtaking views.
* George Washington National Forest to the west offers mountain biking, hiking, fishing, swimming in natural ponds, and hunting; an alternative site on 'GW' can be found on the gorp site.
* In addition, Lakewood and Spottswood golf courses are located within ten minutes of the house.
* Public swimming is available at the resort and at nearby at Swift Run and other locations.
* The Blue Ridge Angler is the local authority on fly-fishing and guided fishing trips.
* Shenandoah River Outfitters and Massanutten River Adventures provide river trips on the scenic Shenandoah via canoe, kayak, etc.
* Chalot's Antiques is one of many antique shops in the area.
* There are many spectacular underground caverns open to the public; Shenandoah Caverns and Endless Caverns are the most popular.
* No trip to Luray is complete without a stop at the Luray Reptile Center.
* The New Market Battlefield is open year round with an interpretive museum and car tours; each May, a re-enactment of the Civil War battle is held with thousands of uniformed soldiers.
* The Virginia Quilt Museum, Shenandoah Valley Folk Art and Heritage Center, Fort Harrison, and the Port Republic Museum are a few of many popular museums in the area.
* Silver Lake Mill and the Dayton Farmer's Market are popular destinations in Dayton.
* Coors Brewery and Merck Pharmaceuticals are located within 15 minutes of the house.
* James Madison University is eight miles from the property; Bridgewater College and Eastern Mennonite University are nearby as well.
* For more information about the area, see Shenandoah Valley Web, Shenandoah Valley Travel Association, Shenandoah Adventures, Harrisonburg Rockingham Convention and Visitors Bureau, or the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce.
Keywords: House, Home Rental, Vacation Rental
Comfortable for 8 people. Loved the game area (ping pong, fuss ball, air hockey) that we used every day.
Nice kitchen with all the tools needed for a short stay.
Beds were comfortable.
My daughter said "it was very comfortable and felt homey."
We came to the area to explore Shenandoah National Park, which is about 15 minutes away we and enjoyed our stay. The location of the home was good, as it was nice to be in the mountains, but also be nearby population (there are houses next door and all around the area). The home was clean, had ample, comfortable beds,new carpeting and floors and was set up to be very family friendly. We stayed with another family-- one family was upstairs and the other downstairs. We loved the bunkbed rooms (versus queen beds, which would have had to been shared by children). Loved the ping-pong table and air hockey table, too. Between the games and the two large tvs and plenty of couch space, we had plenty of activities and room to relax. The only thing lacking was more space at the table and chairs to fit 14-- either outside or in the kitchen. Upstairs bathrooms could also use some updating, as well. We felt that the home was as represented and would recommend this home to others. The owner was also helpful answering our questions. We had an enjoyable stay!
Our family (of 6 adults, 2 children in 3 generations) enjoyed the week-long stay in Massanutten. We had a very nice house in the woods, where we prepared most meals and held the family's annual Easter egg hunt. Nearby McGaheysville provided Bar-be-que and Italian alternatives to home cooking.
The activities we used most most were visits to the petting zoo and rides for everyone over forty-five inches tall on the go carts. Also, we toured a local cavern, and hiked in the woods.
Time ran out before we could enjoy the ski-lift ride to the top of the ski run and back to the bottom, and visits to the local water park. We had no time for the table-tennis, foos-ball or air-hockey games that are in our accommodations. We used the wifi connection to the internet for messages, travel directions and weather reports; we did not have time to view any television programs.
The house is maintained in excellent fashion. The house could use better reading lamps (primarily in the living room) and replacement of light bulbs in the bathrooms and over the kitchen sink.
We had a great weekend at this Cabin on the Resort property -- very close to skiing, snow tubing, zip lining and all the amenities. The kitchen was upgraded and very well stocked with anything you could need to cook a big family dinner. We traveled with another family and there were a lot of beds and ample room for everyone to enjoy their stay. The game room was a huge hit with the kids (and gave the adults a break to enjoy the views and bbq on the patio!). The kids are already asking when we can go back :)
Two families shared this rental for a ski vacation. We liked the layout because the two families had plenty of personal and shared the space. The basement was great for the kids to hang out and play. The heating system does not work properly downstairs though so while the upstairs was toasty, the bottom floor was freezing. All the furniture and beds were poor quality. Kinda felt a cardboard box. The downstairs bed frame is broken and the mattress kept falling through to the floor.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
Military Discount Rate - $275 a night (minimum 2 nights) or $1350 weekly rate
Veterans Day Reserved for Veterans - Special Rate applies $250 a night (minimum 2 nights)
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.