Massanutten House Rental Photos and Description
House, 5 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 12-14)
Beautiful, five-bedroom (sleeps 14), two-and-one-half-bath home in a lovely woodland setting. Fully furnished including cable TV, free wireless Internet, and DVD/VCR. In the resort area, close to the ski lodge, golf course, and restaurants; within a short drive of the internationally acclaimed Skyline Drive. For more information or reservations, please call.
What to do? There is no shortage of options in the Valley:
* Massanutten Resort resort offers 27 holes of golf, skiing, snowboarding, and snowtubing as well as hiking, fishing, horseback riding, swimming, and miniature golf; Encounters Lounge brings in live bands for your entertainment; several eateries are located inside the resort.
* Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive are easily accessible for four-season hiking and scenic drives (severe winter weather may close drive), horseback riding, and breathtaking views.
* George Washington National Forest to the west offers mountain biking, hiking, fishing, swimming in natural ponds, and hunting; an alternative site on 'GW' can be found on the gorp site.
* In addition, Lakewood and Spottswood golf courses are located within ten minutes of the house.
* Public swimming is available at the resort and at nearby at Swift Run and other locations.
* The Blue Ridge Angler is the local authority on fly-fishing and guided fishing trips.
* Shenandoah River Outfitters and Massanutten River Adventures provide river trips on the scenic Shenandoah via canoe, kayak, etc.
* Chalot's Antiques is one of many antique shops in the area.
* There are many spectacular underground caverns open to the public; Shenandoah Caverns and Endless Caverns are the most popular.
* No trip to Luray is complete without a stop at the Luray Reptile Center.
* The New Market Battlefield is open year round with an interpretive museum and car tours; each May, a re-enactment of the Civil War battle is held with thousands of uniformed soldiers.
* The Virginia Quilt Museum, Shenandoah Valley Folk Art and Heritage Center, Fort Harrison, and the Port Republic Museum are a few of many popular museums in the area.
* Silver Lake Mill and the Dayton Farmer's Market are popular destinations in Dayton.
* Coors Brewery and Merck Pharmaceuticals are located within 15 minutes of the house.
* James Madison University is eight miles from the property; Bridgewater College and Eastern Mennonite University are nearby as well.
* For more information about the area, see Shenandoah Valley Web, Shenandoah Valley Travel Association, Shenandoah Adventures, Harrisonburg Rockingham Convention and Visitors Bureau, or the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce.
Keywords: House, Home Rental, Vacation Rental
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- children welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters