: St Malo
: Meschers sur Gironde
: Le Cheval Blanc
: Le Cheval Blanc
La Renaudrie is about 40 minutes away from sandy beaches at Meschers sur Gironde and St Georges de Didonne. This is a quiet rural corner of France ideal for family holidays. The local micro climate gives this area the more hours of sunshine than any part of France - other than the Mediterranean.
The population density for the Charente Maritime is on a par with Cumbria – England’s least populous county – for those used to Britain’s congested roads the comparative peace of rural French roads almost makes driving a pleasure again. Royan to the west of La Renaudrie, is a popular holiday destination for the French who enjoy the excellent beaches & appreciate the local oysters, mussels and freshly caught fish. The local restaurants have excellent fresh fish dishes.
The nature reserve at Vitrezay is local to La Renaudrie & well worth a visit particularly in the migratory seasons. Cognac, Bordeaux, Saintes, La Rochelle and St Emillion are within easy reach.
Golf: Golf - The south Charente-Maritime is good for golfers as there are three excellent 18 hole golf courses not too far from La Renaudrie.
• Near Saintes there is Golf de Saintes Rouyer Guillet, La Grange, 43 Route Golf, 17100 Fontcouverte, Tel: 05 46 74 27 61.
• To the west at Royan is Golf de Royan, www.golf-de-royan.com at 7 avenue Palmyre, 17420 St. Palais sur Mer, Tel: 05 46 23 16 24.
• Near Cognac, Golf du Cognac at 2 rue Maurie, St. Brice, Tel: 05 45 32 18 17.
• A Golf Pass can be bought entitling 10 days use of all three E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• In addition, there is a smaller 9-hole course available at Montendre (30 mins). Tel: 05 46 49 40 31. E-mail: email@example.com.