Caen Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Spacious and fully fitted apartment in Caen: ideal for small groups
Prepare your stay in Normandy!
Welcome to Caen, a few steps away from the Memorial, in this fully furnished and fitted accommodation. You drop off your luggage and everything is at your disposal. It is completely independent, you find a place that combines comfort and quietness and you are ready to explore the surrounding areas.
Between friends or in family, this newly fitted apartment in a chalet style offers charm, comfort and proximity to everything: Memorial Museum of the World War II and Cold War, shops, green spaces, etc.
Only a few km away, there are Norman meadows with apple trees and horses and the sea with sandy beaches. It is also very close to the university hospital, the university campus 1 and 2 and activity areas: this place is ideal for holidays or professional stays!
As the apartment is South-West exposed, you can enjoy the bright living area and the sunset from the balcony!
The apartment is located in a small and very quiet shopping area that is mainly composed of a long pedestrian street in the heart of the green spaces of Caen. The accommodation offers both indoor and outdoor comfort: you don’t have to go far to do your shopping, the parking is free, bikes are at your disposal on site and you can enjoy the quietness to rest.
A few steps away, crossing Wurzburg square, you will reach the Memorial of Caen that traces the history of the World War II and the Normandy Landings without forgetting the building dedicated to the Cold War.
Then, the easy access to the ring road will guide you to the Landing Beaches of Normandy and many museums spread over the coastline: Ouistreham, Arromanches, Omaha Beach etc.
In the district of the Memorial and the Maison du Cheval (horse house), there are many green spaces: the Colline aux Oiseaux, the Vallées des Jardins, the Jardin des Poètes, the Parc de La Fossette (outdoor children games) and cycle paths. You can breath deeply less than 10 minutes from the town centre.
25 % deposit upon booking and balance upon arrival
€ 200 security deposit to be paid upon arrival
I provide a home-made guide with addresses of restaurants and recommended visits
Unavoidable dates in Caen in 2014:
* 70th anniversary of the Normandy Battle on the 6th June
* 6th edition of Festival Beauregard on the 4th, 5th and 6th July in Hérouville-Saint-Clair
* World Equestrian Games from the 24th August to the 7th September 2014. Caen hosts 6 out on 8 disciplines that composed the event.
* 20 performances of the equestrian show of Bartabas “Calacas” will take place close to the Memorial of Caen from the 27th September to the 23rd October 2014.
* The Fair of Caen takes place from the 26th September to the 6th October. There will be an exceptional exhibition dedicated to the circus world for the 160th anniversary of Pinder Circus.
Other events in 2014:
* festival Beauregard Hérouville saint Clair from 4 to 6 July 2014 with Stromae to open the festival on the 3rd of July 2014!
* 17th to 19th October: national congress of FNACA
- smoking allowed
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets not allowed
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
I have been living in Ireland, Germany and Uruguay. In Montevideo, I became passionate about Argentinian tango and never got tired of it! Now I travel less: people come to me and it is very pleasant too!
Renting allows me to be independent and to reconcile my family life and my professional life while having the pleasure to welcome travellers from all over the world. I lived 9 happy years in this apartment!
Located a few minutes away from the town centre (7 to 10 minutes), the apartment combines charm, space and comfort in the more luxuriant district of Caen. In this district of the Memorial of Caen, called “Folie-Couvrechef”, you can find all shops and amenities within easy reach. You can quickly access the ring road and reach the train station or Caen-Carpiquet Airport in 10 minutes. The exhibition park of Caen and the convention centre are also 10 minutes by car.