|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
On the 2nd floor (no elevator) of an 18th century building, this apartment was designed by an interior decorator, so it retains the authenticity of the past with the most luxurious modern comforts. Located in the historic Marais quarter, next to the Musée des Arts-et métiers, in the 'jeune rue' quarter, an area where Parisian gourmets and the most famous names in French gastronomy took place. Near Beaubourg and the Centre Pompidou, and a 10 minute walk to the 'Rue de Bretagne' and the famous 'Marché des Enfants Rouge.'
Available to you:
- A fully-equipped kitchen with appliances (hood, hot plate, oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, and a washer/dryer).
- A desk with a computer, a multi-function printer, and a phone with unlimited calls to France.
- A place to stay with a 3D TV, a Blu-ray, DVD, and music player, a home theater, as well as a whole range of French and international channels and unlimited WiFi access. This apartment features a very comfortable Steiner sofa bed, large enough for 2 people (140 cm by 200 cm). There is also a table that can seat up to 8 people when it is unfolded.
- The bathroom has a whirlpool with different lighting for light therapy, a large walk-in shower, a sink, a toilet, and a towel dryer.
- A half-open room offers an amazing sense of spaciousness. This room can almost completely close, in order to retain intimacy with the sofa-bed in the apartment. The bed in this room is for two people (140 cm by 200 cm). There is also a TV and a large 2.5 m storage area to put your things away. (The closet contains a vacuum cleaner, an ironing board, an iron and a safe.).
Set back from the street and offering a unique courtyard, the peacefulness is never ending.
The building is secured by a videophone, and a security guard is always on-site. It is possible to rent a parking space 50 m from the apartment. The nearest metro station is 100 m away (métro: Arts et Métier, line 3). You leave between 12:00 noon and 2:00 PM to give the cleaning lady time to clean. All linen is supplied (sheets and towels).
My wife and I stayed at this apartment for 7 nights. We really enjoyed both the property and location.
We have been to Paris many times and like staying in places away from the main tourist haunts to enjoy the Parisian lifestyle. Pierre's apartment offered both a very lovely home for a week located in a very enjoyable quartier.
Although on the 'edge' of the Marais, we walked everywhere because Paris is a city where walking is so rewarding and the location is, at most, a 20 minute walk to the Seine. There are plenty of bars, cafes and restaurants nearby as well as a couple of supermarkets and boulangeries etc.
The apartment is very quiet as it is ensconced at the rear of an oldler building well away from the street but enjoys plenty of light and fresh air from the courtyard. It is very well equipped with all that one needs for a short stay of a week or two.
Our only disappointments were as follows:
1) we could not get access to the apartment till after 4 pm (16:00) as the previous occupiers had not left on time and the place wasn't cleaned and ready by the agreed 2 pm check in time. It was a long time to wait from our arrival.
2) when we did finally get access, the previous used but now cleaned linen was still in the washing machine and we were requested by the guardienne to put it away in the cupboard.
3) the bedroom wardrobe was half filled with cleaning materials and other items that took away about 50% of useable space that we could have used
4) two cupboard doors in the kitchen were hanging loose and one actually fell off whilst we were there as it had obviously been left that way for some time.
Whilst these were annoying niggly things, our stay was still very comfortable and enjoyable and we would definitely stay again (I think the kitchen cupboards have been repaired now as there are new photos on the web site and they look OK).
The apartment was clean and Pierre, the owner, provided clear directions as how to get there and gain access and seemed to be an owner who cared for our comfort.
A friend and I stayed here for 2 weeks and found the apartment to be very comfortable and convenient. The apartment is located in an old complex of apartments behind ancient stone almost fortress walls. The apartment is buried deep inside with a light well letting in natural light to the rooms. It is totally quiet. Both the double bed and the sofa bed are comfortable; the apartment is clean and uncluttered; kitchen appliances are state of the art; the bathroom is large and the rain shower fabulous; and the coffee maker makes delicious coffee (and I am buying one now that I am back in the U.S.!). You will primarily deal with the on-site manager, Mrs. Sanchez. She is very nice and accommodating. Even though she speaks only French and Spanish, I was able to do fine with hand signals and using Goggle translate on my iPad. This apartment gives you a great "real Paris" experience. The neighborhood is very safe with a mix of middle class, yuppie, and immigrants. Everyone working in the shops/restaurants and on the street were very friendly to us non-French speaking wayward Americans. In the 2 weeks we were here I didn't recognize any other foreign tourists in the neighborhood (which was nice). Across the street is a convenient A2-Pas small grocery market, a really good patisserie, and Le Parisien café, one of the best in the neighborhood. (They made us delicious omelets for breakfast one morning even though they aren't on the menu.) The Metro lines are very convenient to everything you will want to see in Paris. And you can even walk to some of them. Upon arriving, if you can, use the Line 4 Reaumur-Sebastopol Metro stop. It's much calmer than the large Strasbourg-Saint Denis station with 6 exits and has many fewer stairs to climb with suitcases. In short, this is a really nice apartment in a safe, non-touristy neighborhood. I highly recommend it and would stay here again.
Great location. Great bar next door: Whispers. Small grocery store and great boulangerie right across the street. Within walking distance of most sites and the river. Very clean, and Mme Sanchis is fantastic. Would stay here again. The bathroom has a great set up: rain shower and spa tub. One caveat, however: The freezer (congelateur) needs to be cleaned out; it's frozen over, and we Americans do love our ice. I am already thinking about a trip back and will definitely keep this place in mind.
Cet appartement nous a (deux amies) beaucoup plu, nous nous y sommes immediatement senties à l'aise, L'appartement est propre, calme, confortable, bien aménagé avec goût. De nombeux magasins, cafés et restaurants, ainsi que plusieurs lignes de metro se trouvent à proximité. Nous y reviendrons.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
caution de 400€ remboursable en fin de séjour
Be aware of 400 deposit, refundable at the end of your stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (EUR) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.