Ciboure Apartment Rental Photos and Description
A shining attic on wood over the roofs, peaceful, next to the sea.
Once upon a time, on a small scarlet forest of red and orange roofs, where it’s hidden this delightful hut, all in wood and open to the stars, like a sweet home nest which remains over the trees, appeared from a fairy tale.
Luminosity and a unique sense of tranquility fill up this space, 33 sq m., 1-bedroom comfortable flat (non smoking) on 3thd and top floor, fully renovated in wood & quality equipment, comprising a living room with kitchen well furnished opening to a dining-room, a bedroom under a roof's window, and a bathroom (shower, washing machine), with some windows towards the embracing mountain and to the stars, in a quiet & green environment, in 40 meters to a court of ball basque (fronton), just 700 meters from the train station. Easy parking around
In a singular 19th century house, inside of the historical heart of an old village of brave fishermen (and corsairs) basques. Close to the shops, in some minutes by foot from the beaches and the centre of Thalassotherapy, at the foot of the harbor of Ciboure & Saint-Jean-de-Luz, it’s one of the coastal places which still support its Basque traditional charm.
The Basque Country is ideally located, in the heart of the South-West of France, with lively traditions, customs and gourmet food. The region boasts world famous surf beaches, seaside golf courses, and seawater therapy centers. The Pyrenees are close at hand and offer great hiking in striking landscapes. Spain is just 4 miles away from Ciboure, where you can experience a new culture (Stop along the way to Saint Jacques of Compostelle).
* The PELOTA Court, LIVELY & FRIENDLY AREA. In 40 meters from the Attic flat there is a ball court, which remains still very similar to the paintings of some decades ago, and where anyone can play freely. Nearby, there is a space for free parking, next to the Town hall. On the lateral, there are the houses which have a pair of pubs of very cheerful and kind ambience (good sandwiches), where they receive communion perfectly the Basque and the French.
The famous filmmaker Orson Welles uses this place and the entry of the Church of Saint Vincent, at 100 meters from here, to show children and also priests playing the ball in some scenes of his documentary about the pelota (the basque ball), in 1955.
* POPULAR MARKET, MUSIC, WELL COMMUNICATED. By the side of this Pelota Court, on Sundays, there is a popular market where are presented the products of the region. In summer, since seven o'clock in the afternoon, concerts of choral groups are carried out with accordion or guitar, in the Pelota court or, very near, in the small square next to the Post, to raise the spirit and to take delight of the harmonies of their voices, with the melodic traditional singings.
Privileged place, in the middle between the two most delightful points to walk and to contemplate the bay in all his full beauty: the pier of Socoa (side Ciboure) and the hill of Sainte-Barbre (side Saint-Jean-de-Luz). Around, shops and good restaurants, with a quick exit to the motorway A-63 (near to the big Shopping Centre 'Leclerc', in 2 km from the attic flat), where by over there Biarritz is in 10 minutes, and Bayonne or San Sebastián in 20 minutes.
* In a few words, an IDEAL BASE to stay some days while it’s explored the region, which benefits from a town centre location, a proximity of the beaches, at a very short walk from the fishing port, the station, restaurants and free parks.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
What makes this apartment unique
THE 9 REASONS FOR COMING HERE:
1. Situation: in the heart of the village, on foot of the port, close to the beaches and shops. Very well connected to all parts of surroundings.
2. Equipment: mattress-tv-washing machine..., verifiable quality. They are furnished some sheets, bath and hand towels, cloths…
3. Peaceful: next to the mountain, well isolated (double-glazed windows, slatted shutter...), zone tranquil, without neighbors above or by the side.
4. Luminosity: windows to the mountain and…to the stars.
5. Warmth of textures: wooden ground and ceiling, paintings, plants…
6. Tariff: quite cheaper than a hotel of the same performances. Good value.
7. Parking: space area around the flat for free parking.
8. Owner: always listening to you for everything and open to all your suggestions, to give you the best service.
9. Commitment: engagement to resolve any problem, if necessary, as soon as possible in the most efficient way. It’s a question of respect towards you. You are our guest and our challenge.