More Rustic than Luxurious
Submitted: October 6, 2011
Stayed: June 2011
I am writing this review according to the guidelines.
We were a group of 8 people (4 couples) who ` stayed in this Holiday house in Perigord from the 4th June -11th June 2011. The Countryside and peaceful setting was all accurately described by the owners. Perigord is just one of many beautiful towns in the Dordogne and the local village of Rouffignac is a peaceful quiet village with a good supermarket and lots of good local restaurants. The kitchen was large and well kitted out and the dining area and lounge area were comfortable....as was the outside eating area in' the shadow of the old walnut tree'.... but the bedrooms fell far short of the 'Luxurious' Farmhouse we were expecting...with the exception of the downstairs bedroom....The other bedrooms were situated up in the eves of the farmhouse...with very low 'cross beams' to duck under as you moved about the room ...we left with very sore heads! Many of the amenities and services listed in the property were not made available to us, too many to mention here Disappointed that the self contained 'Clediere' did no have a lounge with bread oven and the utility facilities were not made available to us. The Property was clean and tidy on our arrival ...but the pool was not maintained while we were there. The owners were very friendly with welcome drinks and were very helpful with suggestions of what to do and what to see ......and suggested a couple of local Restaurants where the food was indeed very good, and lastly, would we recommend this Holiday property to a Relative or Friend.....no..... on the grounds that the bedrooms are uncomfortable and could be dangerous. Not recommended for toddlers, children, 50+ ..... or for people of average or above average height.
Owner's Response: We will remember this group for a long time since it is the first time EVER that we had to use the « security deposit » to cover the damages they caused and the extra charges we had in cleaning the house after their departure : garbage not sorted, not taken to the containers for ONE FULL WEEK, scattered all over the house, furniture moved, deep scratches in the wooden floors, etc, etc : a pigsty ! Sorry, no other words… it is the first time EVER guests showed such disrespect for our property !
This is probably why Mrs “B” does not sign her full name (her neighbours could recognize her!), and why she searches revenge by posting this “review”.
Let us be very clear :
1. we DO NOT WELCOME uneducated and disrespectful people like the party of Mrs “B”… and we hope she tells all her friends!
2. all the amenities and services described in the ad have always been and are still available to everyone (including the bread oven, 3 m by 3 m, probably too small for Mrs “B” to see…)
3. The houses are old and authentic, which includes some low beams – this is detailed in the contract (and in no way hidden to the guests, who know well in advance).
4. All the beds are 5000+ EUR (Hästens or SixSprings) and all rooms are air-conditioned : we bet that Mrs “B” doesn’t sleep that comfortable at home !
5. In 3 years, we had lots of toddlers, and children, and 50+, and very tall guys… who never hit a beam !
Last but not least, a question for Mrs “B” : please tell us if/when/where you could find better at 15 EUR/day/person in June with private pool and air-conditioned bedrooms!
Helpful votes: 2/7
Did you find this review helpful?