Platjo D'aro Apartment Rental Photos and Description
3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sleeping 4-6
A very homely apartment in the prestigious location of S’Agaró (Costa Brava), with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, sleeping up to six people. Freshly decorated and furnished throughout, with marble floors and fully equipped kitchen, TV/DVD (plus large movie library) and central heating for Winter. South facing sun terrace overlooking the communal swimming pool - spend your evenings relaxing and drinking ’al fresco’. Plenty of free parking but also very Walk able location for non-drivers. The Jardins de S’Agaró boasts attractive gardens with 2 swimming pools within a private complex. Your local supermarket, butchers, bakers, etc., are just 500 m from the apartment down quiet, tree-lined streets, into the quaint S’Agaró High Street. Reasonable weather year round, great scenery and the opportunity for the occasional day trip into the awesome Pyrenees, Barcelona or France for anything from skiing, gastronomy, cava drinking and much more.
All inquiries welcomed - Ideal for families.
Girona Airport to Apartment: The whole holiday area is very walk able. If you do not wish to rent a car, a taxi will cost you about 45 Euro. It's 19 miles so takes 20-25 min. We can also arrange a pick-up service, with name boards at Arrivals, if you prefer.
Or a bus service can take you via Girona, where you need to change for Platja D'Aro and S'Agaro. With the expansion of Girona Airport in 2009, there are also a number of seasonal buses appearing at the airport that will take you to S'Agaro High Street direct.
Safe, quiet, clean (and a little famous): The whole area is very safe, quiet and clean with a wealthy history linked back originally to the Hollywood Greats of the 1920s and 30s (Humphrey Bogart, Charlie Chaplin, Frank Sinatra, Ava Gardner, Orson Welles, Lauren Bacall etc) - so you will feel comfortable walking around the area without a car and (to let you into a secret) those who have built a little local knowledge of S'Agaró just keep coming back year after year.
So what's the Local Knowledge?: ED's Top Ten:
1. Walk the famous Camí de Ronda.
2. Snorkel Sa Conca beach.
3. Wander through the Sunday Market at St Feliu de Guixols.
4. Cross-legs at Aqua diver Water park Kamakazee ride.
5. Siesta coffee on the beautiful Tamaríu waterfront.
6. PPS Fairground in Platja D'Aro for kids.
7. Day trip to Las Ramblas in Barcelona.
8. Touch a dolphin at the Marineland Dolphin Encounter.
9. The 3 Kings Fiesta in early January.
10. Serious designer shopping in Platja D’Aro .
JANE's Top Ten:
1. Relax on Sa Conca Beach.
2. The 3 x Salvador Dalí Museums.
3. Peratallada medieval walkabout.
4. Begur Market on Wednesday.
5. La Gambas restaurant in Palamos.
6. The Old Town in Girona.
7. Pals for Tapas and Pottery.
8. Aquadiver Water park.
9. PPS Fairground for kids.
10. The apartment's swimming pool.
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm