Recoleta Condo Rental Photos and Description
Condo, 1 Bedroom + Other (See Description), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-4)
This fully furnished one-bedroom, one-bath, corner apartment was purchased from a former Argentine ambassador. It has been completely remodeled with an emphasis on style and comfort. Unique in that every room has a fabulous view.
One of the outstanding features of this spacious Buenos Aires pied-a-terre is the spectacular view of the world famous Recoleta cemetery - the final resting place of Evita Peron. A walk through these opulent, above ground monuments is a tour of the rich and famous of Argentine history. Your apartment's ninth-floor view extends beyond Recoleta to the River Plate and the distant Uruguay.
Located in the cultural center of Buenos Aires, you are surrounded by sidewalk cafes, top quality restaurants, clubs, bookstores, boutiques, parks and theatres - one block from Recoleta Village Entertainment Center, two blocks from the Buenos Aires Design Center, near the National Museum of Fine Arts. A walk across the park, which hosts the city's foremost weekly art fair, will land you on Avenida Alvear - the most celebrated, upscale, shopping area in Buenos Aires. While in the heart of this bustling cultural center, the 9th floor location affords a peaceful night's sleep.
Apartment Features & Amenities
- Stylish, contemporary living space accented with original art
- 500 square feet
- Fully equipped open kitchen, including refrigerator with freezer, range, microwave, and coffee pot
- Bedroom: magnificent views, queen size bed with luxury mattress and plush linens
- Bathroom with modern shower/bathtub, hair dryer
- Balcony with incredible view
- Telephone with voice mail
- Cell phone included
- Cable TV and DVD/CD/MP3 player with speakers
- High speed internet access
- In-room safe
- Steam iron and ironing board
- Maid service twice weekly
We have recently purchased an additional apartment for two, next to this apartment. The spectacular view extends to this space.
Our bilingual (Spanish/English) staff will be on hand to welcome you at the apartment (or pick you up at the airport for an additional fee) and acquaint you with the accommodation amenities and the neighborhood. Always available, the goal of our staff is to make sure your stay is comfortable.
What else? (Options at additional cost)
To enhance your Buenos Aires experience, additional services are available. Please contact us directly to arrange any of the following:
- Car service - from either Buenos Aires airport and/or a private tour of the city
- Additional maid service
- Travel agency services to destinations such as Iguazu Falls, Bariloche, Mendoza (wine country), Cordoba, Punta del Este, Ushuaia, El Tigre Delta boat tour, ski trips in the Andes, and hunting in Patagonia
- Rental cars
- Event/concert/opera tickets (based on availability)
- Tango Lessons
- Language lessons
- Concierge services (ex. restaurant reservations, tango dinner shows, tours, translation services)
- Laptop rentals
- pets not allowed
- non smoking only
While I have been working off and on in Buenos Aires for more than 10 years, I brought my husband, Jim, here for the first time in 2003. Right around the time when the Euro was going up against the dollar. We were looking for a replacement for our European vacations that were costing us more and more.
Valerie purchased this condo in 2004
Why Valerie chose Recoleta
We wanted to own an apartment in a major city that didn't require us to drive - a walking city, with good mass transportation or inexpensive taxis. It needed to have great architecture, style, art, music...and of course, incredible food.
We found Buenos Aires to have all this and more...and at a much lower cost than Europe. Like New York or Paris, every neighborhood is a new adventure.
We love the sidewalk cafes, the weekend art fairs, biking through the parks of Palermo. And while we always heard the steaks were great, no one ever told us about the homemade pasta...incredible.
Guestbook comments from the owner
An excerpt from Mary's blog...
We have enjoyed our apartment whose owners, Valerie Watkins and Jim Millerick, live in Miami, FL. They have provided every convenience! For those of you planning a trip to Buenos Aires, their e-mail address is BAExperience@gmail.com
Mary and Phil