Merces Apartment Rental Photos and Description
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, 3 Sleeps
A very cheerful, sunny and cosy apartment, with a fabulous view over the city, right in the HISTORICAL CENTER of Lisbon.
If you are looking for a beautiful, clean and comfortable apartment in the center of one of the most charming cities in Europe, we highly recommend you to stay at our place.
The apartment is located in a historical neighborhood between Avenida da Liberdade (one of the main, biggest and fanciest avenues of Lisbon) and Príncipe Real (a trendy residential area with a vivid cultural life).
From the apartment, at the distance of a few meters, you can reach the main atractions of Lisbon (please see the photos) and easily reach any other points of interest within and outside the city.
POINTS OF INTEREST NEARBY (approx. dist.)
Av. da Liberdade (2 min. walk); Restauradores (5 min. walk); Rossio (7 min. walk); Miradouro S. Pedro de Alcântara (5 min. walk); Príncipe Real (8 min. walk); Bairro Alto (5 min. walk); Chiado (15 min. walk); Ruínas do Carmo (10 min. walk); Praça do Comércio (20 min. walk); Castelo de S. Jorge (10 min. by tram - the mythical 28); Alfama (10 min. by tram - the mythical 28).
TRANSPORTS (approx. dist.)
- SUBWAY: 5 min. walk
- BUSES : 5 min. walk
- TRAINS to SINTRA (Rossio Station) : 7 min. walk
- TRAINS to CASCAIS (Cais do Sodré Station) : 10 min. by subway
- TRAM (mytical 28 tram) : 10 min. walk.
- BOATS : 20 min. walk
- Clean linen and towels provided for each guest.
- Free weekly maid service
- 3 Wardrobes, with hangers and chests of drawers, to store your belongings.
- Fully equipped kitchen - with all essentials required for your own catering needs.
- Free WI-FI internet conection
- Two ceiling fans and a big heater
- Maps and events flyers to help you to enjoy the city
- Bathroom : hairdryer, liquid soap, shampoo.
A large variety of restaurants, cafes, fresh bakeries and small convinience stores are around.
Within a few minutes of distance there are Portuguese, Indian, Spanish and vegetarian restaurants available.
In less than 3 minutes you'll find 3 mythical portuguese places to have fun at night :
- HOT CLUB DE PORTUGAL (the first and most famous portuguese Jazz Club); CHAFARIZ DO VINHO (the first portuguese vinotheque - a very peculiar place which serves portuguese wines and 'tapas') and the cosy wine bar GOLIARDOS (with good wines and portuguese 'tapas' too)
HOW TO REACH THE APARTMENT FROM THE AIRPORT
It's easy and fast (you may choose taking a taxi, an aerobus, or the subway).
(Private transport service from the airport is available. This service has fixed rate €30).
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Please let me know if you have any questions and we hope to welcome you to Lisbon and the apartment soon !
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
About owner/property manager
My father bought me this apartment when I went to university. I chose this area because of its centrality: in 2 steps I was in the subway, or taking a bus to other areas of the city and I could reach all the interesting places of the historic center with a mere promenade.
owner/property manager purchased this apartment in 1990
Why owner/property manager chose Merces
I felt in love for this apartment since the first moment. The wooden floors, the view from the living room window and being in the center of the city.