Ponte da Barca Cottage Rental Photos and Description
4 bedrooms (sleeps 9) in 2 houses (4 and 5 respectively)
These two 18th Century farm cottages have been lovingly restored in their original style and with materials and furnishings of the period. Much of the furniture is antique, dating from the 16th to 19th centuries, and chosen with a fine sense of style and taste. Modern items have been carefully selected too, from the Arraiolos rugs to the brass taps in the bathrooms and kitchens. Set in extensive tranquil gardens, these are houses for those who value being surrounded by beautiful things. The houses are old and refurbished with an aged feel that adds to their authenticity. Outside the ornamental gardens, the Estate mostly comprises a thriving vineyard.
Beaches and Golf: The nearby river beaches on the River Lima provide warm, sheltered and safe bathing. Or head for the “Costa Verde”, with its many “Blue Flag” sandy beaches spread over an 80km stretch of Atlantic coastline. Here is a varied selection of family seaside resort, surf beaches, sandy, rocky, wide, discreet, busy, romantic beaches - you can go to a different one each day to suit your mood. Or you can cross the river to Spain for a change.
Quinta do Vedouro is a 15 minute drive from the best golf course in the region:
Ponte de Lima (15km), amidst a scenery of mountains, vineyards and fruit gardens, is a course typical of the Minho region. Par 71,6005m, including Portugal's longest hole at 622m (par 5).
There are other golf courses at Golf Ría de Vigo, Spain, Estela and Quinta da Barca (9 hole)
In the village and surrounding area: * Visit the Roman church in Bravães.
* Visit the historic towns of Ponte da Barca, Ponte de Lima, Paredes de Coura, Arcos de Valdevez, Vila Nova de Cerveira, Viana do Castelo or Braga – all within about 40km.
* Tour through the rugged unspoilt landscape of the Peneda-Gerês National Park - Quinta do Vedouro is right on the boundary.
* Wind your way through the tiny villages and narrow winding mountain lanes of Alto Minho, where people still live a rural life out of another era, and offer a glimpse of a hidden Portugal that makes it hard to believe this is 21st Century Europe.
* Take a trip to Spain – through Vigo via the spectacular University and pilgrimage city of Santiago de Compostela, up to La Coruña and the Bay of Biscay, or along the rocky Galician coastline.
* Go bargain hunting in one of the local markets – there’s one every day in one town or another.
* Go canoeing, horse riding, walking, fishing, climbing, hunting or some other outdoor activity.
Details for Casa da Corça (Quinta do Vedouro) 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, 2 Bathrooms
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
Guestbook comments from the manager
Je voulais vous remercier, nous avons passé d'excellentes vacances. Tout été parfait. Bref, nous ne retenons que le positif, un lieu merveilleux, tres representatif du Minho ; un accueil discret et disponible.