In late 2012, our family purchased this lovely mountain lodge, which was built in 2009, to escape to the North Carolina mountains on weekends. We have recently renovated it, and when we are not using it ourselves, we will make it available as a rental property starting this summer (June 2014). Because we are entering the Bear Lake rental market for the first time, in the next 12 months, we are planning to keep our rates very low -- in fact, the lowest (we believe) at Bear Lake Reserve. Also, our rates include the daily resort fees charged by the Clubhouse of Bear Lake Reserve. We will pay those fees on your behalf.
So that you could make an informed decision, we would like to bring the following to your attention:
1. As you can see from the many VRBO listings for Bear Lake Reserve, only a few lodges/condos are available for rent. The biggest advantage of staying at a lodge/condo is that the Bear Lake Reserve Clubhouse, where many resort amenities and activities are available (e.g. heated adult pool, heated children's pool with slides, restaurant, lounge, children's playroom & theater, occasional live music, beach, gym, kayak/pontoon/water skii etc.), is only 2 minutes away if you're driving. This is particularly important if you have children. In fact, this is why we bought a lodge/condo rather than a house. Many houses at Bear Lake Reserve are very far from the Clubhouse, which you cannot tell from the listings. It's no fun to drive on serpentine mountainous roads for 20 minutes (especially at night) just to have dinner at the Clubhouse! If you like walking, you can also walk to the Clubhouse from our lodge in about 10 minutes via a well-maintained trail.
2. The golf course and tennis courts -- both of which are located at the top of the mountain with a breathtaking panoramic view of the Blue Ridge Mountains -- are also nearby. You can get there in 5-10 minutes by car (depending on how fast you drive).
3. This property is approx. 1800 sq. ft. (not including the deck/balcony). The first floor master bedroom has a king bed with a private bath. The second bedroom on the second floor also has a king bed. Some owners have converted the loft on the second floor to a third bedroom. We, however, have left it as is, so that the entire second floor would feel spacious, open and inviting. It has, among other things, a sturdy drawing table and four small chairs for children, as well as a foosball table. There is a full-size futon/sofa bed in the loft.
The living room has an unusually high ceiling (2 stories). The living room has a sleep sofa that can sleep 2 people. The spacious, modern kitchen has plenty of cookware and dishware for you to prepare family meals.
The living room, dining area and kitchen have a new hardwood floor, which was installed this month (May 2014).
3. As you can see from the photos, the views from the lodge are spectacular.
4. The lodge has 4 units. Our unit is on the top floor (but our front door is at ground level, so there is no need for an elevator), which affords us a great mountain view. (See one of the attached pictures. The unit on the right with curtains is ours).
5. We think that you'll like the three flat panel 3D TV's and the 3D blu-ray player in the house. We subscribe to DISH satellite service for cable. TV reception, especially high definition, is excellent. Wireless high speed internet is reliable and fairly fast. If you need a laser printer, scanner and/or movie projector (to be hooked up to your laptop) during your stay, pleas let us know.
6. Our house is clutter-free and causal elegant. We have tried to keep the furniture and decor simple, yet tasteful. You will recognize many items from Restoration Hardware. Not having a lot of 'stuff' in the house means more space for you and your guests.
7. If you would like to know more about Bear Lake Reserve and why it's such a special place, please visit its website for more information. To get to its website, just google 'Bear Lake Reserve.'
8. Let us know if you are interested in renting the lodge for longer than 1 month. We will give you additional discounts.
9. Lastly, please be advised that we do not allow more than 6 people in the condo at any time. Maximum number of adults is 4 (those over 13 years old count as adults). Moreover, a strict no smoking and no pet policy is in effect.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call. We will get back to you promptly. Thank you!