|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
If you want a true feeling of living in a beautiful cabin in the mountains come stay in our home. We have kept the taste of old Whistler in the original design, but have renovated and made the cabin modern. It has a cozy feel, but is roomy because of the open design. You can sit back in the leather furniture and enjoy spectacular view of Wedge and Whistler Mountains, or view the fire in the impressive floor to ceiling rock fireplace.
One of the best things about our home is its location on the Valley Trail, and close distance to Meadow Park and the recreation center. In less than a minute you can be on your bike (we have one available) and exploring Whistler's fabulous paved bike trails. You can easily bike to Green Lake, Alta Lake, Lost Lake, or bike to the village. In the winter this trail becomes a cross-country trail or a great area to go for walks.
The cabin will sleep 10 people. There are three bedrooms downstairs, and two double beds in an open loft.
The upstairs has hardwood floors and a floor to ceiling river-rock gas fireplace.
The kitchen is spacious with new appliances, and stocked with everything you need.
The dining room table is a room highlight. Because of the picnic table design there is plenty of room to seat lots of people.
There are two bathrooms. The downstairs bathroom has an air-jet tub.
The living room has a 55' smart TV. There is full internet coverage.
The loft area is a fun place for kids to play games, or have a quiet place away from the living room. We have a good assortment of games.
As this is our winter home and special to us, we only want to rent to families or mature couples. Whenever possible we like to meet our renters. We would be very happy to talk to you in person and answer any questions you may have.
We require a minimum stay of five nights.
We brought together 5 guys for a week of skiing in Whistler - and absolutely loved this house. Ground floor: 3 bedrooms downstairs with a nice big bathroom for them to share, a big mudroom (with heated floors!) to keep ski & snow gear in. Second floor: a fantastic living room with the most comfortable couch you've ever napped on, a fully-equipped kitchen, a real TV, an easy-to-use fireplace, and a bathroom with shower. Top floor: shared loft with 2 beds. There's parking for 3 cars, and more street parking if you need it. We were worried we might be too far from Whistler Village where we intended to go for dinner and drinks every now and then, but it was super close (less than 5 min drive). We felt like we were right in the mix of things, which was really nice. Local buses were around the corner if you wanted to hop a ride into the Village area, and if you picked up a cab from the Village to head home it's about $15 with tip. The owners did a great job remodelling this A-frame. Book this cabin, you won't ever regret it!
We had a small family get-together over Christmas: a family of four + two sets of parents. The lodge is in great shape. Six adults can sleep very comfortably in three separate bedrooms. The two kids sleep in the loft on the top floor. Each bedroom has its own separate thermostat which was awesome given that one set of parents like it really hot, whereas the other like it really cool at night. Plenty of space, easy to access, easy 5-7 minute trip to Whistler/Blackcomb chairs.
Also, Debbie was easy to reach and answered all our questions wonderfully. Strongly recommend.
My husband and I (early 40's) LOVED our stay at Whistler and especially loved the well cared for accommodation provided by Debbie & Brian. Within 2 days of arriving, we ended up doubling the length of our overall stay, just so we could take advantage of everything on offer! Whistler is a pretty magical place made far more comfortable by staying at this accommodation!!
some of the many perks of the accommodation - the list is exhaustive and i know I will forget some:
- cabin (house!) is very quiet, yet super close (5 minute drive) to the village, amenities etc
- shops: there are 2 major grocery stores near by; within 5 minutes. Nester's market (a little more expensive) and the IGA in Whistler Village;
- likewise, there is a BC liquor store by IGA, and a cold beer & wine by Nester's.
- the cabin is less than 10 minute drive to Rainbow Park on Alta Lake...which was a great place to head for a swim after a day of hiking/biking! Its a BEAUTIFUL park! it can also be directly accessed by bike ... along the Valley Trail
- it was easy to regulate the temperature in the cabin; the bottom floor where the 3 bedrooms are is super cool (in summer) and can be heated in winter - the main floor has lots of doors that open up, and when it gets chilly, a kicking gas fire place - bathroom floors are heated in both bathrooms!
- the cabin was incredibly well stocked, with more than you could hope for, including; condiments/sauces/spices, things like cling wrap, foil, zip lock bags, allllll dishes, cutlery appliances, as well as cleaning supplies - this is handy, because when you are travelling its a pain to have to continuously buy new 'general stock' at each new accommodation, of which you only ever use a fraction (salt, pepper, oil etc)
- the kitchen appliances (stove,fridge, microwave etc) are high end, and easy to use! they come with all usable pots pans, baking dishes etc...
- There were also heaps of towels, bedding, sheets etc - probably best to bring a couple extra beach towels if you are a big group and want to spend quality time at the lake!
Great entry area! Lots of space/storage for shoes, jackets etc before even getting into the house
- in house laundry is the BEST thing! there is a dedicated laundry room with very fast front loader washer and equally fast dryer
- great local hiking! - of which there is PLENTY in the greater Whistler area! See www.whistlerhiatus.com for all the info!
WE'LL BE BACK!
We stayed here for a week in the summer with teen-age children (and our dog). Everyone enjoyed it greatly. The location was fantastic. It is right on the Valley Trail and a few hundred yards from Meadow Park. The house was very well maintained and we were pleasantly surprised at how well it was furnished and finished. The owners were considerate and accommodating. We had not used VRBO before and based on this experience would not hesitate to use it again.
We will be back.
My wife and I rented this home, and loved it. We wanted a quiet spot, as our dogs go crazy during 'fireworks week' in Seattle, and this couldn't have been more peaceful. At the same time, the location on the Valley Trail, and a quick walk to the park was ideal for our activities!
Debbie was easy to work with, and the house had everything we needed. It's clearly their home in winter, and well cared for . Heated bath floors and comfortable furniture didn't hurt! We'll be back!!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Dec 18 2015 - Jan 2 2016
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||C$1,000|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (CAD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.