|Minimum Stay||5 - 7 nights|
The Bear's Den is a comfortable apartment where you can kick off your shoes and relax as you take in the beautiful views of the Tongass Narrows and all it has to offer. Located in town and only 3 blocks from the Marina.
The Bear's Den features two bedrooms, the master bedroom has a queen bed and the 2nd bedroom has 2 extra long twin beds and a comfortable roll a way bed if needed, one full bath, with an open concept living, dining and kitchen.
The Bear's Den has a private entrance that includes a yard with a bbq grill, a picnic table and a hammock for 2 so the whole family can enjoy the sunsets after an amazing day full of adventures.
The kitchen is fully stocked and provides all utensils and gadgets to make your stay comfortable, ample linens and towels are provided for your stay. A washer and dry is on site.
We are Mark and Bo Stahl. We are best friends who have been married for 31 years. Most of this time we served overseas as missionaries. To sum us up in a few words, we love God, our children, each other and playing and singing music. We have 3 children, our youngest is 18 and just recently left Alaska to attend college in Myrtle Beach, SC. My 20 year old son and his new wife of under a year are attending Christ For The Nations in Dallas, TX. Our oldest daughter was adopted while we were teacher in the Marshall Islands. She is married to a Russian man and now we have 4 wonderful grandchildren. They currently live north of Fairbanks, Alaska. Now that the children are grown and gone, Mark and I are ready to start the next great adventure of what life is like as empty nesters.
Mark or Bo Stahl purchased this apartment in 2013
Last summer we had 13 people in a very small rental as we had recently relocated to Ketchikan from Dutch Harbor, Alaska and 2 of our children wanted to bring their friends from college to work for the summer; needless to say we were not going to relive that experience again. As soon as we walked into this home, we knew 'it' was the one, it would fulfill our needs and desires. The home was built in the middle of the 1950s and has served the community most as a convent and rectory for the local Catholic Church. When we purchased the home it came complete with it own little chapel and quite a few small bedrooms. Mark and I have worked hard to get the home in the condition it is today but we do still have a lot of little things that are needed to make it our home.
1. Smoking is only allowed outside with a minimal of 10 ft away from all doors and windows. Please do not throw your butts on the ground. If the interior of the apartment smells like smoke on your departure, you will forfeit the total of the deposit.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. This unit is privately owned; we the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order and report all dis-functioning or broken issues to the owner as soon as is reasonably possible.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units. Extra towels for takeout are available upon request only.
8. The toilet will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog, you could be charged damages of up to the amount to $300.00.
9. Check-in is not allow while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol. You will forfeit all rental payments if you are unable to check-in due to these causes.
Owners were great. Apt was very clean and had everything except for groceries. Definitely coming back.
Very pleased with house. Great view. Friendly renter. I am going to stay their next summer for sure.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 2 2014 - Apr 30 2015
7 night minimum stay
May 1 2015 - Oct 1 2015
5 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$350|
|Notes||100% refundable if cancellation is within 60 days. 50% refund if cancelled within 30 days. No refund if cancelled in less than 30 days, so please consider travel protection insurance. Extra $100 deposit for a pet that will be returned if apartment is left unharmed. Extra pet fee of $10 per day.|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.