Glen Ellen Chateau / Country House Rental Photos and Description
5-BR, 3-BA with pool on stunning 1.4 acre grounds in lovely Glen Ellen
Spacious indoors and out, a dining room and two large common rooms with masonry fireplaces offer gathering places to relax and wind down after a full day with a meal and fire. But honestly, the daytimes here are the stunner. The open indoor/outdoor format allows you to flow back and forth between climate controlled comfort and swimming in the large custom inground pool, perusing the many flower gardens, picking fresh produce from the edible garden in the back, lawn games, al fresco dining and refreshments on the deck, decompressing in the hot tub, or just letting the warm sunshine wash over you in one of the chaise loungers until you enter a Zen-like state. Time spent here will restore you.
Location? The heart of Sonoma Valley wine country. Several wineries are walkable, and dozens more are within a 5-10 minute drive. Hiking, biking, and picnicking in Sonoma Valley Regional Park, as well as guided nature walks in Bouverie Wildflower Preserve, are both a mile away. Charming downtown Glen Ellen is 1.5 miles down a country lane. The entrance to Jack London State Park and amazing hiking, picnicking, and historic buildings are two miles away; guided horseback riding is also available. The renowned Sonoma town square is 7.5 miles down Highway 12. Glen Ellen and Sonoma both offer great restaurants, Sonoma a wider selection. Your spirit of adventure will be met in full by the world class recreational activities at your fingertips.
The house itself is remodeled with abundant light from skylights, picture windows, and sliding glass doors. Almost every room has views of the lush, private back yard with extensive lawn, mature trees, and flowers in bloom most of the year. The house has 3 full baths including an en-suite master bath.
• Exclusive and private central wine country location in Valley of the Moon.
• 1.5 miles to downtown Glen Ellen and 7.5 miles to Sonoma
• 5 full bedrooms: 3 upstairs – all with queen beds; 2 downstairs – master with queen bed and en-suite bath, and another with two twins
• 3 full bathrooms
• Large, fully appointed kitchen between family room and contiguous formal dining & living rooms
• Informal breakfast/lunch nook & counter
• Deck connecting the family room,kitchen, and master bedroom to the back yard
• Two wood burning masonry fireplaces
• Central heat & air conditioning
• High quality linens, down duvets, and pillow top mattresses.
• 2 flat screen TVs, cable, DVD
• Free Wireless internet and local phone
• Pool with cover and hot tub off deck
• Full size washer and dryer
• Oversized 3 car garage plus additional parking in front
• Pack N Play, Counter top high chair and kids toys provided
Maximum occupancy at Bonnie Glen is 10 adults. There is a limit of 5 cars allowed on the property per booking. There is a strict “no party” policy (details provided in your confirmation and agreements). Children are welcome with prior arrangement. No pets. No smoking. A signed liability release and agreement and guest code of conduct will be required at check-in.
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Robert Dusenbury
The owners live in nearby San Francisco. Rob is an engineer, which helps keep the house in good working order, and Mary is a 10-year veteran of the wine business. We are glad to answer any questions, provide advice on wineries to visit, and help you realize the vacation you are imagining. Call Rob at 415-308-4010, and we'll go from there.
Robert Dusenbury purchased this chateau / country house in 2014
Why Robert Dusenbury chose Glen Ellen
We searched for the perfect house for five years, and feel that we have found it. It is a slice of heaven.
What makes this chateau / country house unique
Location, amenities, and enchanting setting provide a one-of-a-kind experience.