Komarna Apartment Rental Photos and Description
3 double bedrooms, sleeping 6 to 8 using sofa bed. Ensuite + 2nd shower room
A luxury apartment with a double balcony in the beautiful village of Komarna. A unique meet and greet service is present on a daily basis to help, clean and advise. A comprehensive Welcome pack is sent to all clients on booking with places to go, things to do and what to take. There is air conditioning, TV, DVD,Hi Fi and WI Fi . The new restaurant, with BBQ, bar, café and spa shop are an added benefit. Sun loungers, boats and kayaks are for rent nearby.Allocated parking space for Apt. Whether lying on the beach, swimming in the blue waters or watching the amazing sunsets in the evenings with Croatian wine, this is an ideal venue to either chill out or to explore from. Fly to Dubrovnik ( 70KM 11/2 hrs) or to Split (120KM 2 hrs on motorway). Hire your car and we give you easy routes and directions. Or drive from Europe. We take Saturday to Saturday bookings in the high season with flexi dates out of season if possible. (See further down for more information). I know Croatia very well and am at the end of my email if you need to ask any questions. I look forward to hearing from you. The Owner.
Day trips from Komarna: Komarna is ideally located to make day trips to places of interest, beauty, and historic value.
1) The Bacina Lakes at Ploce (10km) boast beautiful clear waters and many species of fish.
2) The Kravica Waterfalls are about 20km from Metkovic and are a spectacular sight and well worth a visit.
3) The town of Mostar in Bosnia boasts an abundance of history with a Moorish theme to it having been occupied by the Turks centuries ago. It also has a public market on Saturdays.
4) A visit to Medjugorje, (30km) a Catholic Pilgrimage seeing millions visiting the village after the Holy Virgin appeared to 6 children on several occasions in 1981.
5) A ferry ride to the islands of Korcula, Hvar or Brac. Korcula is the birth place of Marco Polo and an attractive fortified walled town. There are street performances by dancers and actors in the summer.
6) Canoe Safari & Photographic Safari trips are within easy distance and great fun for kids and adults.
Day Trips continued: 6) A visit to this part of Croatia would not be fulfilled without a visit to Dubrovnik, a UNESCO Heritage Site. The old town is steeped in history and wonderful architecture. Walk around the battlements and museums before treating yourself to a meal at one of the many restaurants. In the summer months, open air concerts are performed in the evenings in the square at the end of the main street. Other street performers are evident during the day also. All the shops are open until late evening, so make your trip a full day and evening. It is well worth it.
7) A visit to the Peljesac Peninsular by car makes an interesting day out. This is the land opposite the apartment across the water. Where it joins the mainland is the ancient town of Ston with its battlements. It is famous for its oysters and shellfish and there are some excellent restaurants there. The Peninsular is the wine making area for the region and you will pass several wineries whilst driving north. Stop for a small taster.
Having treated yourself to some of the day trips above, its time to chill out by the waters edge and relax on your vacation. The water is warm and crystal clear. There is a diving board and loungers can be hired through Villa Bili. If you require privacy, our balcony is not overlooked at all but still soaks up the sunshine. There are kayaks, jet skis and motor boats for hire through Villa Bili for the active minded. Also available for a small fee through Villa Bili is the use of the indoor pool, sauna and gymnasium room on the ground floor of the apartment block. There are several other beaches in the area other than our own below the apartment. There is a restaurant and bar at Villa Bili with a good choice of menu, but there are several restaurants on the coast road north and south and in the nearby towns of Opuzen, Klek and Neum, all a short distance away.
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
Guestbook comments from the owner
Your lovely apartment at Komarna provided us with the hub we needed to go visiting and exploring up and down Croatia for the month. We visited right up in the north in Istria and down to Dubrovnik. The staff at Vila Bili were always pleasant, helpful and professional. We would highly recommend your apartment and location to friends who maybe planning a visit to Croatia. It was perfect, thank you. Hvala.