Kohala Ranch Cottage Rental Photos and Description
Cozy, peaceful, comfortable country cottage on 13 private acres.
**IMPORTANT UPDATE - 1-2 nights versus 3+ nights:
Aloha -there is a 3 night minimum for booking the cottage.
1-2 night stays are welcome if booked within 30 days of arrival (-; and if we can accommodate you.
Please contact us if you would like a 1-2 night stay.
Thank you for understanding - it is impossible to have both on calendar in VRBO settings.
Located in the ultimate country setting, this comfortably rustic OCEAN VIEW cottage is situated on a private gated property with breathtaking VIEWS of ranch land and a 60 mile unobstructed VIEW of coastline. Tranquil and quiet, only those that appreciate magnificent sweeping VIEWS, wide open spaces and starry nights need inquire.
The cottage is ideally set between Hawi and Kamuela (Waimea) on the drier part of beautifully scenic Kohala Mountain Road (hwy 250). Return to the comfort and coziness of the cottage after a day of exploration. The cool elevation is refreshing and the expansive OCEAN VIEWS are unforgettable. A great place to reflect over the days journeys; plan tomorrows adventures or simply write, paint, meditate, yoga or indulge in a great book.
Perfect for low-impact, less is more type of traveler.
Cottage MAXIMUM capacity is 2 persons (a child at any age is a person).
Cottage size: 236 sq feet under roof PLUS 345 sq foot lanai.
Cottage is on a slope and the large lanai (deck) is 20 feet high off the ground. Makes for amazing VIEWS- but not suitable for guests with height issues or problems climbing up and down stairs. see photos.
Clean, cozy, and prepped for simplicity, efficiency, and comfort.
- Queen bed (1)
- Bath and beach towels
- Assorted toiletries
- Electric studio fridge
- Propane stove/oven
- Rice cooker
- Coffee maker/coffee grinder
- Utensils, cups, plates, etc.
- Hair dryer
- Portable electric heater
- BBQ ( at hosts home)
- W/D ( at hosts home)
- Wireless broadband internet(slow, but works)
- Satellite TV
*home phone not available
*Sink located on large lanai
Beach equipment (beach chairs, boogie boards, umbrella, cooler, NO snorkel gear) available for use.
Location - easy access to world class beaches, hiking, restaurants, golf, spa and anywhere else you would love to discover! Vehicle required to explore the Island.
Driving Distances - 1 hour North from Kona airport, 1.5 hours from Hilo airport.
-15 minutes to thriving Waimea town for shopping, restaurants, hospital, banking
- 25 minutes to world class beaches, golf, spa and resorts
- 30 minutes to local country towns of Hawi and Kapaa
- 3 hours from Volcano
- Hiking, both near and far
- $40.00 Cleaning fee is not included in rental rate and due before checking out. Please ask host for payment options.
- Cottage MAXIMUM capacity is 2 persons (a child at any age is a person).
- Located at 3500 ft elevation, temperature ranges around 55 degrees during winter months to mid 80's most of year. It can be cool and like most of the Island, the tradewinds can be stiff. Although we are on the drier part of the Island, it does rain from time to time. Very refreshing, cozy and beautiful!
- Cottage is on water catchment and DELICIOUS for drinking right out of the tap. It is triple filtered, recently tested and exceeds the county standards.
- Smoking is allowed outside -- not in cottage. Located in drier environment, must be fire conscious and water conservative (but comfortable!)
Welcome to the Big Island - you will love exploring here!
Incredible Ocean Views in a private, quiet setting.
Peace, Quiet, Privacy and Tranquility. The views are great too.
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets not allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
I am a professional concierge/ travel director and event coordinator/manager. I grew up on the Big Island and recently returned after 15 years on Maui. It's great to be home!
Our 'Ohana (Hawaiian for family) enjoys meeting new friends, exploring the great outdoors, adventure, travel and more! We deeply appreciate the peace and tranquility of our home and look forward to sharing it and our knowledge of the Islands with you.
With gratitude, Maile and 'Ohana
WHEN LEAVING FOR THE DAY
1. Light, Water Faucets, and Propane stove are turned off.
2. Food & trash are contained and or stored in a plastic container or refrigerator. The plastic cooler is very useful for storage. (ie. Loaf of bread, cereal etc). Prevents critters from making themselves at home.
3. Items left on lanai are secure to prevent objects from flying away.
4. If the space heater was used, please unplug.
CHECKING OUT – LEAVE DOOR UNLOCKED AND COTTAGE KEYS & GATE REMOTE ON TABLE please!
1. Honor system - I don’t require a deposit, but should these items be missing it costs $5.00 for key and $50.00 for gate opener payable to Maile. I will contact you to return them or pay for replacement. If anything missing or broken, I will let you know as well. (-;
2. We will do the laundry for you as well as take care of any perishables.
3. All of the above under “when leaving for the day”.
TOILETRIES and SUPPLIES
We start you off with a few items but the rest of your stay is up to you, including ice. If you need something immediately and too troublesome to get to the store, just ask– we just might have it at our house (-;
THIS AND THAT – FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN BATHROOM BENEATH TOWEL SHELF
1. Smoking allowed on Lanai, please make sure the fire is out as we are in a volatile fire area.
2. No BAD drugs.
3. BBQ located at the main house.
4. Washer and Dryer, Beach Gear located in the main house – use the back lanai door to enter.
INTERNET - POMAI (no password) LOCKBOX for front door is same as the gate code.
NIGHTIME: Please take a flashlight with you if returning late at night. Helps light up the path on your return
Tip -Take a shower with the lanai door open if you can handle the ocean views and extra chill.
We hope that you enjoy your stay. Please do not hesitate to ask us for advice or anything. We are here for you.