Nantucket Town House Rental Photos and Description
Over 5000 sqft of New Living Space (2012) near Town -5 bdrm/5.5 bth (5 en suite)
Relax in this incredibly comfortable home on a quiet private lane. Less than a ten minute walk to Nantucket Town center - convenient to museums, shops, beaches, and restaurants. Generous, modern floor plan - each bedroom has it's own bath - with new furniture and appliances. Brunswick 8 ft pool table downstairs. 3 flat screen TVs. One in Master bedroom, one in Living Room and an 85 inch downstairs.
Gingy lane is a small, very quiet private lane a short distance from Cliff Road and less than a mile walk to town center. Great for children - outside the front door there is a small grass circle with benches on the cul de sac and virtually no foot or car traffic.
The town is approximately a ten minute walk from the house down quiet streets. Almost every amenity imaginable. Easy to enjoy a stroll, a wide range of dining options and enjoy art galleries, movies and other attractions.
A short distance to both the Madaket Rd and Cliff Road Bike paths or over surface streets to the Siaconset and Polpis road bike paths.
Jetties Beach is about a mile from the house (walkable) as is Children's beach (the same distance). Easy drive to beaches via Cliff Road and Madaket Road.
The house was built in 2012 and is beautifully appointed with lots of detail in the construction. It is three floors with the three large bedrooms with high ceilings on the top floor, living room, kitchen and dining on the first floor and two bedrooms and living spaces on a below ground floor. The below ground floor is extremely well done with large light wells for each of the rooms, a large airy family room and a separate wide stairwell for entry.
The Master bedroom is very large, with big closets and a king size, four post bed. It has a huge bathroom with a deep tub and a large shower. The room is very bright, has vaulted ceilings. It has a flat panel TV over a large fireplace.
The other two bedrooms on the top floor are similar - large, bright and airy rooms. Each has it's own bathroom with shower and closets. One room has two separate twin beds and the other room has a queen bed.
The first floor has a very large sitting and living room with a large fireplace, three couches and a flat panel TV - there is a large sitting area. Outside there is a deck with barbecue and teak dining table and seating and an outdoor shower. The kitchen has a subzero refrigerator, granite countertops, wolf range and lots of storage. There is an island with bar type seating. The dining room is opposite the kitchen and can comfortably seat eight. The first floor also has an office with desk and printer and a half bath.
The bottom floor has two bedrooms, each with it's own bathroom. The bedrooms have natural light. One bedroom has a queen bed and the other has two twin beds. There is a large family room with a Samsung 65 inch flat panel TV. There are two large seating areas on the first floor. There is a refrigerator and wet bar as well.
The house has great cell phone coverage, very fast internet service w/wireless, Direct TV for each of the flat panels, a printer in the office and Roku or Apple TV boxes available for each. The house has a full security system from Frontpoint Security.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
About David Mark
My wife is a physician and I am an executive. We have three grown children - two in college and one working. We live in California but have been on Nantucket every summer for the last thirty years. Our family has homes on the island but this is our first individually owned island home.
David Mark purchased this house in 2013
Why David Mark chose Nantucket Town
Overall this house feels like a private first class resort - very modern, airy and convenient to almost anything you might want.
We looked at over forty homes over the last several years and decided that the home on Gingy was perfect.
When we are on island, we are always out on the water, at the beaches, doing our favorite walks (Ram's pasture, Altar Rock, the Cranberry Bogs), biking and enjoying town.
Gingy provides the perfect base of operation - it's on a very quiet, private street - no traffic. The house is huge, comfortable and airy - everything is new and works well. The deck and barbecue are great for summer dinners. Nothing is too far away - town is walking which we like because you can walk to shops, to dinner and other activities. You are a short distance from two terrific bike paths and it's also easy to get to shopping, to beaches (the house is well located in terms of getting around easily and avoiding traffic hotspots).
Another big plus for us was the floor plan is superb. Having each of the bedrooms having a beautiful en suite bathroom makes a big difference - no one has to share a bathroom. The separation from the bottom floor and the first floor is also a huge plus - you can always find a quiet private spot in the house.
The street is a dead end and there is no foot or car traffic to speak of and if you had smaller children - it would feel extremely safe and private.
What makes this house unique
Our Top Ten
1. You can walk to almost anything - fantastic location that avoids the craziness of downtown but still close enough that you can go anywhere.
2. Bike paths - it's near two of the islands' best bike paths and they go for miles and miles. Easy to bike to beaches and walks.
3. Big, modern house with all of the amenities - beautifully furnished and really set up for easy living and relaxation
4. Bedrooms each have a great bathroom - who wants to share a bathroom?
5. Fast internet, great TV service and cell coverage - bandwidth is like oxygen and this house has a lot.
6. Big seating areas - lots of room to stretch out on super comfortable couches and chairs.
7. Square footage - you can always get away in this house. It's big but the layout makes it feel even larger - no wasted space.
8. High ceilings - the top floor has very high, vaulted ceilings.
9. It's easy to drive almost anywhere - you would think this isn't an issue on Nantucket, but it's a really big issue. Gingy is perfectly located with easy driving routes to almost anywhere you want to go - close access to downtown but you can easily avoid the most congested spots.
10. Worry free - the house is pretty much new and everything works and is easy to use. Spend your vacation relaxing!