|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
Sleeps 6 - one queen, one double and two twin beds - all with high-end mattresses and linens. One baby pack nplay.
Location, location, location is everything and this adorable, charming, magical cottage has it all with a stunning garden and a creek running right under the cottage, all in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood, where the only sounds you hear are the birds singing, and the whispers of the breeze. The deer come by to munch on the flowers and the squirrels play hide and seek in the garden.
Although you are only half a mile way from the main road leading into Mill Valley - there is no traffic noise - true tranquility and solitude for those who wish and entertainment, restaurants and hiking for those who want to get out.
Walk - walk - walk -or bike everywhere to:
* The depot in the village
* 1/2 mile to Miller Ave (main road)
* Whole Foods, Restaurants and shops,
* Bus route going to San Francisco.
* The many beautiful children's parks.
* To all the schools - Park, Old Mill, Edna McQuire, Middle School & High school
By car or by bus or by ferry - you can get anywhere you want:
* 20 minutes by car or commuter bus to San Francisco
* By ferry to the beautiful ferry terminal in San Francisco
* From there take the ferry to Alcatraz
* 45 minutes to Napa Valley or Sonoma wine country
Ample parking in private driveway
One baby pack n play for sleeping.
One safety baby gate at the top of the stairs is installed and can be removed.
We are a European couple who have lived on three continents but have made California our home, because - our grand children live here, and because it is a uniquely spiritual, unspoiled magical place to live and visit.
Margarethe Schiess purchased this cottage in 2005
Why do we love this place so much?
Because Mill Valley is a magical place and just a stone's throw away from a world class city which is hard to beat - San Francisco - and we so love driving over the Golden Gate Bridge, and because the hiking, biking and nature trails are all so phenomenal, and because you can hop in the car and take an enchanting drive north to the stunningly beautiful wine country and because you can go over the mountain to the other side and go to Muir Beach, or Stinson Beach or walk in the Muir National Monument Park to see the gigantic, imposing, majestic Redwoods - or because you can just sit and chill in our garden, listen to the rustle of the wind, the chirping of the birds and think that life cannot possibly get better than this. We can go on and on but these are a few reasons why we love our 'Magic Housie' (as our grand children call it) so much.
Oh, and one more thing - did we mention the climate is great too?
A Fairytale garden, quiet and romantic but all within walking distance of everywhere.
For the very young - there a graco pack n play with sheets provided, as well as a baby gate at the top of the stairs -and the sunny deck is fully enclosed - safe for toddlers to play with toys and sand.
* Drive to Muir Woods National Monument
* Cross the Golden Gate Bridge for a 20 minute drive into San Francisco
* Take the ferry from Sausalito, Tiburon or Larkspur into San Francisco and enjoy the Ferry Building with all its farmers markets and artisan shops
* Then take the ferry to Alcatraz
* Take the ferry to Angel Island in the San Francisco Bay
* 45 Minutes to Napa Valley or Sonoma Wine country
* 20 Minutes to Muir Beach
* 30 Minutes - cross the Richmond Bridge and stroll around Berkley or visit the spectacular UC Berkley campus
* 10 minutes - visit the quaint villages of Sausalito or Tiburon, or go antiquing in San Raphael, San Anselmo or Sebastopol
* Discover a whole different world in West Marin - one of organic farming in Inverness and Point Reyes Station
* Visit Cowgirl creamery in Point Reyes where they make their artisan cheese * Hike the Tennessee Valley Trailhead to the beach
Coming from SFO Airport, driving north
26 miles, 45 Minutes 0n I-280N
* I-380 W
* I-280 N
* 1 N (watch for the Golden Gate Bridge sign
* 101 N
* Cross Golden Gate Bridge
* Exit Mill Valley Exit
* Pass beautiful Tam High School
* Pass SAFEWAY
* LEFT on Evergreen at Whole Foods
* LEFT on Melrose at T end of Evergreen
* Dead end at 347 Melrose Ave at the large trees
From Oakland International Airport, CA
35 miles, 45 min driving
* I-880 North
* I-580 West toward San Francisco
* Cross Richmond Bridge
* Bear right onto Sir Francis Drake Blvd
* 101 South toward San Francisco
* Exit Mill Valley Exit
* Right onto Shelly Dr/turns into E Blithedale Ave
* Left on Camino Alto
* Right on Miller at SAFEWAY
* Left on Evergreen at WHOLEFOODS
* Left on Melrose at T- Junction
* Dead end at 347 Melrose Ave at large trees
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$49|
Checkin after 3 pm - check with owner for flexibility
Checkout 11am - check with owner for flexibility
Please list the names of all adults occupying the house
No disturbing the neighbors with noise
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.