Enjoy the relaxation and privacy of this waterfront cottage. Swimming and water activities steps from your door. Beachcombing at its best; shelling, sea glass collecting and bird watching. This is a summer haven that you could never leave...
...but if you must... Here are some great local activities!
To prepare your own local Rhode Island 'farm to fork' meal, visit DeCastro's farm stand with all farm fresh produce located at top of the street or the Aquidneck Farmers Market in Newport on Wednesdays.
Winery tours and tastings are just minutes away and head to Greenvale Vineyards on Sunday for live Jazz music. It's a short 15 minute ride to Newport for endless vacation activities in 'America's First Resort.' Visit local beaches and enjoy activities such as swimming, paddle boarding, kayaking, sailing and surfing. Experience the Newport Mansions, walk along the historic cliffwalk or meander the cobblestone streets of downtown Newport. There are countless boutiques, restaurants and bars to enjoy along the way.
Top Ten 'Must Do' Activities in Newport & Portsmouth
1. Charter an America's Cup Sailboat, and learn to sail aboard a classic racing yacht or simply sip champagne and enjoy the ride!
2. Tour a Newport Mansion. The Marble House, The world renowned Breakers, Doris Duke's Rough Point and many more opulent homes were the summer retreats of the rich and famous during the Gilded Age.
3. Drive the esteemed, Ocean Drive, just like Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra in 'High Society.' This street boasts mansions both old and new and winds along a stunning rocky coast line. A great spot for a picnic and a family photo!
4. Enjoy a Drink on the Lawn at Castle Hill: Nearing the end of Ocean Drive you will stumble upon the magnificent Castle Hill Inn. The lawn is the perfect place to watch the sun set, while relaxing in an Adirondack chair and enjoying your favorite libation.
5. Eat at the Brick Alley Pub, everyone does! It is a Newport staple. They have an extensive menu, a great salad bar and the best lobster rolls in town. It is also family friendly!
6. Watch a Tennis Match at The Tennis Hall of Fame or tour their delightful museum. If you are lucky you might even be able to reserve a grass court for a match of your own!
7. Get ready to stomp some divots 'Pretty Woman' style at the Portsmouth Polo Grounds. This is a great family activity, half time is the best and don't forget to pack a picnic.
8. Visit St. Mary's Church on Memorial Blvd. You may recognize this as where John and Jackie Kennedy said 'I Do.' Years later, Newport is one of the leading destination wedding locations in the United States!
9. Fly A Kite at Brenton Cove on a Saturday Afternoon. You will be in good company and the kites are pretty impressive. Located on Ocean Drive this is another perfect photo opportunity and a great spot to picnic, play bocce or kick around a soccer ball.
10. Pick out your own Lobster at Aquineck Lobster. Nothing says 'New England Vacation' like lobster dinner. Here you can hand pick own lobster and if this doesn't sound appealing, you can enjoy lobster at pretty much any of the local restaurants!
There are endless opportunities and we hope you enjoy Newport as much as we do!