Farmhouse Review First Week of August 2011
Submitted: August 9, 2011
Stayed: July 2011
1) House is decorated well, it's very clean, and beds are comfortable. Prep of boat w/ extra gas and wood supplied for fire pit were very nice touches. 200yd boardwalk to lake is serene through the trees.
2) Lake is awesome, water is clean and warm, and nearly private. Not a lot of boat traffic.
3) Pontoon boat, water tramp, and kayaks are excellent and were used often by all. Moors for water tramp in great location offshore for swimming and fun. Great value in rental with these amenities.
4) Fished lake hard w/ artificials and live bait. Fishing is consistent for large rock bass, occasional large largemouths, and few smallmouth bass. Lake should be catch and release, or on slot limit to improve numbers and size.
5) House Upper Herring Lake frontage is heavily wooded with access from dock. Lake has very soft sediment near shore and you will sink into the sediment deeply if you walk in.
6) Although plot is 2.5acres, probably less than quarter acre mowed, and lot is on slant/ slope. Not optimal for tossing football, playing whiffle ball, or catching baseball. Yard is well maintained and nice touches of small garden, raspberry bushes, etc. around the grounds.
7) House rear deck could use additional steps facing rearward to beach boardwalk, and size as a future upgrade.
8) WIFI and gas grill would be appreciated upgrades.
9) Overall the house is good value and description/pictures are accurate. The rental agency is professional. If you are looking for a solid house, enjoy water sports offshore, like a low traffic lake, and good proximity to Frankfort and Elberta beaches this is the place for you.
10) Appreciated the opportunity to rent the property and will seriously look at other properties in addition to the Farmhouse.
Families with Teenagers,
Owner's Response: Thank you for your review. Glad you had a good time, and you are welcome back anytime. We will definitely take your suggestions into consideration, and appreciate your input. I would like to comment on a couple of things that may be helpful. Concerning WIFI, there is no cable service in that area, and the phone companies do not offer a dsl plan either. Satellite, it is slow, extremely expensive, and has a band width limit, which makes it almost useless. It would surely produce a high degree of complaints. Cell service however is decent, and with todays smart phones, many can be turned into WIFI hotspots for a small fee (typically $20) from your cell carrier. Also many tethering apps, for most smart phones, are available online. Usually free of charge. With these apps you can connect your phone to your computer for free. Hope this helps. Also for the record the 200 yards to the lake sounded a little far, so we took a wheel to it, and it came in at 130 yards. To anyone counting yards this may be useful info. Thanks again, and hope to see you at one of our homes!
Helpful votes: 2/2
Did you find this review helpful?