|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Beautiful Garden Hawaiian Condo on the Kona Coast - Newly Listed
The property is gated and provides you the convenience of a reserved parking space for your vehicle. The community salt-water lap pool includes two whirlpools, changing rooms, and space to relax surrounded by immaculately groomed grounds with an abundance of fragrant island foliage. It is a child-safe pool and offers great opportunities for family enjoyment.
You will also find a lovely covered community outdoor/picnic area, complete with gas grills. For your convenience, access to an onsite, 24-hour fitness center and business center is also included in your rental.
Within short walking distance are beaches, shops, restaurants, bars, and many other amenities. Across the street you will find the Hilton Waikoloa Village with spa, shopping, nine restaurants, and the Dolphin Quest Learning Center (terrific for kids and adults alike)! Also within easy walking distance are: Marriott’s newly refurbished Waikoloa Beach Resort & Spa, “A-Bay' (a white sand beach, named one of Hawaii’s finest beaches with great snorkeling and frequent sea turtle sightings), petroglyph trails, the King’s Shops (with Roy’s, Merriman’s Café, Coach, Tiffany’s, Louis Vuitton, Macys, and many others) and the new Queen’s Market Place which offers additional shopping, Starbucks, a large gourmet grocery and many dining opportunities.
For golf enthusiasts, premier golfing is practically on your doorstep. Just next door is the Waikoloa Beach Resort’s Beach Course, designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr., featuring a spectacular ocean front par five on the 502-yard 15th hole. The course is literally carved from the lava flow in the area. You are also within walking distance of the Waikoloa Kings’ Course designed by British Open Champion Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morrish.
Whether you want to simply relax and read, have a family vacation, experience the many activities within the Waikoloa Beach Resort, or explore amazing sights and activities throughout the rest of the Big Island, this comfortable condominium will provide a great home for you during your visit.
Keywords: Child friendly, Walk to the beach, Attached Golf course (Beach Course), Walk to Hilton or Marriott
We live, work, and have raised our family in Anchorage, Alaska. We have five children ranging in age from 24 to 43 and four teenage grandchildren. We are both very active in the community but not so active we can’t escape to The Big Island for a some aloha spirit.
Gretchen Bell purchased this condo in 2010
We love the laid back aloha spirit of Hawaii. In addition, it is the most convenient tropical location for Alaskans with many direct flights year round.
We particularly love The Big Island with its variety of climate, vegetation, wonderful beaches, and many things to do.
When we decided to buy in Hawaii, we looked at several properties. We didn’t get the same “island feeling” in the other units. The best way to describe it is the feeling of “aloha.” Walking into our condo and opening the lanai doors to the beautiful garden brings an amazing sense of peace, relaxation and anticipation of fun.
The location is perfect for exploring the beaches and towns on the sunny Kohala Coast. With the beautiful beach at A-Bay, fine dining and a variety of shops all within walking distance many needs can be met without ever having to leave the resort area. It is a haven whether you want to kick back and do nothing or venture out and do everything
The mature landscaping is amazing. The pool is salt water, heated, big enough for lap swimming and there are two fabulous hot tubs. The unit is ground floor so not having to carry groceries, or beach gear upstairs is great.
Great location right next to the pool. Grounds were very nice. Pool is beautiful! Very quiet. Well stocked kitchen and patio closet that contained everything you would need for the beach.
Now the negatives. The condo is dated and could us some repairs. Upon arrival I had to replace 3 lightbulbs and everything (lamps, radio, tv's,) were unplugged. In the master bath tiles and a towel rack were missing. There is a new refrigerator but the microwave, oven, and stove are very old! Some burners did not heat completely. We took all precautions in the kitchen but still had an ant problem. The beds are very uncomfortable and the 2nd bedroom king bed did not even fit the wicker frame. We do lots of camping so I am used to uncomfortable sleeping, but I don't expect it on my vacation! You are charged $150.00 cleaning fee but when we arrived I had to wash several of the rugs because they were very dirty! They also say you will be charged if you leave more than 1 load if laundry. It is difficult to get all towels and bedding washed and check out by 11:00. When we pulled the sheets off one of the beds the mattress pad was had blood stains and dirt that had never been washed! We removed it and left it to be washed. Hopefully they did for the next guests. I think a lot of the concerns could be taken care of by the cleaning staff not the owners. After doing laundry and cleaning before we left I wondered what the $150.00 cleaning fee was
for. The owner needs to talk to the cleaning staff!
We were sent information about the condo and activities which were excellent! All the hints left in the books at the condo also were very helpful.
First, the good stuff:
1. Location - Loved the location on the island as we have been here before and knew we liked the Kohala area beaches. Short drive to the best!
2. The area - Well maintained grounds, walking paths, and beautiful fishponds to wander by. A-bay (close by) is nice and relaxing.
3. Quiet - We were impressed with just how quiet this property is. Extremely relaxing to sit by the pool and read, or take a jacuzzi. The pool area is very nice. No noise when sleeping
4. Condo well-equipped - I don't believe we were lacking for anything that we needed in the condo. Plenty of paper supplies, towels, laundry items, pots/pans, spices, utensils.
This includes a closet on the lanai which is stuffed with beach equipment. Chairs, umbrella, beach mats, boogie boards, snorkeling equipment, ice chests & more.
5. The rental price - This is a nice price for the area.
Unfortunately, there are some cons:
1. There was only one set of keys to the condo when the paperwork indicated there would be two. Luckily, there is the set in the lock box if it is needed. We notified the property manager immediately as we were concerned we would be charged for the missing set, and also about the phone (see #2)
2. There is no working phone in the condo. We realize we are in the age of cell phones; however, not EVERYONE, including elderly folks, has a cell phone. Prop.Mgr told us he would be by the next day with another set of keys & to check the phone. Never saw or heard from him again.
3. The beds are very uncomfortable and need replacing badly.
4. The second bedroom has no dresser for clothing. The drawers that are there are filled with a menagerie of office supplies for the computer area in the room.
5. The seats of the dining room chairs are in bad need of a cleaning.
6. The laminated wood flooring and area rugs are very nice, but the whole unit is worn and in need of TLC/repair/replacement/updating. The lamp closest to the slider in the master bedroom works; however, the bulb is laying sideways, being held on by the electrical cords. Possible fire hazard.
7. The washer and dryer are small and can't accommodate large loads. I put two beach towels in the washer (beautiful, thick ones provided by the owners :) and the washer was full. This creates a problem when instructions say to only leave one wash load for the maid. NOT possible when you have to leave early in the morning (sheets, towels).
The beach, a gourmet grocery store, Starbucks, restaurants, shopping, swimming with the dolphins, and more are all within a short walking distance.
You can visit nearby Petroglyph fields via a trail which starts at the shopping center and goes through beautiful golf courses.
A short drive away in Kona, you can swim with the manta rays, take a helicopter excursion, or experience a trilling zip-lining adventure!
On the other side of the island in Hilo, are coffee and macadamia plantations.
The Southern part of the Big Island offers views of an active volcano lava flow, lava tubes, deep sea fishing, whale watching, submarine excursions, star-gazing at Mauna Kea summit, and orchid gardens.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 1 2015 - Sep 1 2015
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Cleaning Fee||$150 + Tax|
Lost keys will result in a $100 fine
Excessively dirty leaving conditions will result in a fine determined by the situation.
Early check in and check out are available if calendar permits at $70.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.