Jordaan House Boat Rental Photos and Description
Canal Based Floating House. Warm, Safe And Cosy. 2 Bedroom, 750 Sq Ft
Live the dream! Even local Amsterdamers wish they could live here!
-- Feel like a local in your houseboat in Amsterdam --
Serene canal location, just by the trendy Jordaan neighborhood. This houseboat offers the best bird watching in Amsterdam, with waterviews from every room ;-)
Birds and boats of all descriptions glide by your windows, even the occasional kayaker!
Excellent, convenient location. Easy walk to frequent trams that will take you anywhere you want to go in the city. Quick stroll to 3 grocery stores, numerous fruit shops, bakeries, cafe's, and Boom! Chicago.
In a houseboat you live like in a detached house, but in the middle of the city. You live right on the water, with all the comforts of a normal non-floating home. Strong central heating, hot shower & bathtub, full kitchen, comfortable livingroom.
As a bonus, tame swans and ducks pass by who love to get fed by you. Boats cruise the canal as well and make for great entertainment.
I am open to host you for extended stays as well. Enjoy a whole season in Amsterdam!
My houseboat is on the edge of the Jordaan area. This is right at important places like the Anne Frank house. The Rijksmuseum (Rembrandt!) and Van Gogh museum are a 5 min tram or bicycle ride away.
Enjoy a seamless vacation with my convenience package
On your arrival you will find:
- 2 free bicycles to explore Amsterdam at your own leisure
- 2 museum cards for free entrance to all Amsterdam museums
- recharcheable public transportation cards
- a guide wih recommendations to the best restaurants in the neighbourhood
- tips on the best activities and attractions
- a yoga mat for some relaxing stretching
- fast Wifi Internet
I want to make your visit to my wonderful city easy and enjoyable, so I have put this convenience package together to save you money, time and trouble.
Safe neighbourhood in walking distance of all attractions
My Amsterdam houseboat is located just next to the Jordaan area. Within a couple of hundred yards you will find 5 great coffee bars, 7 restaurants and numerous bars.
When you cross the canal you enter the Jordaan. The Jordaan is one of the most sought after areas of Amsterdam. It hosts dozens of boutique clothing stores. It also caters the very best italian restaurants is a small subsection of the Jordaan. Jordaan is famous for it's small narrow streets where the working people of Amsterdam used to live
Amsterdam is one of the safest cities in the world. The neighborhood is safe, day and night, so you can feel comfortable walking around at any time.
- Anne Frank house is 10 min walk
- Westerkerk (Wester Church)
- Gay monument
- Dam square (central square)
- Royal palace on the Dam
- Museumplein, hosting the Van Gogh museum, Rijksmuseum (Rembrandt!) and Stedelijk museum are a 10 minute bike or tram ride away.
- Spiegelgracht, a bicycle road with dozens of art galeries. It connects with the Rijksmuseum
- Leidseplein, the center of Amsterdam nightlife is a 10 min walk
Tip: Take your bicycle and ride under the newly renovated Rijksmuseum!
Easy, effortless transportation
Amsterdam is a city made for bikes. Transporting yourself through amsterdam with a bike is one of the most fun, healthy, free experiences the city has too offer.
When you keep to the rules of the road, you are perfectly safe. Just stay on the bikelanes, or on the right side of the road. In contrast to the Amsterdammers, I strongly advice you to stop at red traffic lights! Bikes might pass you while waiting, but remember, those other people have been riding a bike for every single day of their lives :-)
- My Amsterdam houseboat comes with two complementary bicycles for your use.
Trams are great to move around too. Within 300 yards of the boathouse you find 3 diffent tram stops, connecting you to every part of Amsterdam.
You need an 'OV Card' to ride a tram. I have 4 cards available for you, that you can reload at the supermarket around the corner. This will save you a lot of money on fares, since you will be paying the 'local' price for rides, and saving 7.5 euros cost for each card!
Taxi's are found everywhere of course. But, why waste the opportunity to experience the city for real and enjoy your bike or tram ride?
I will help you arrange a smooth and easy arrival at the houseboat once you have booked your stay.
More complete then home
My Amsterdam houseboat comes fully equipped. No need to miss out on the comforts of home. You receive two entry keys on arrival.
- bedroom 1: King size bed (6 ft x 6 ft), large closets, big open windos, waterview. Dimmable bedlights, cloths chair. Door can be closed.
- bedroom 2: Queen sized bed (4,5ft x 6 ft), or 2 single beds, waterview. Closed of with a curtain.
- Clean and soft bedlinnen. Your bed is made on arrival. Change bedcloth as often as you want. Leave it dirty when you depart.
- Shower with unlimited hot water
- Nice, big, soaking bathtub, plenty of room to relax after a hard day of sightseeing!
- Hair dryer
- Sink, mirror
- Washing machine and Dryer. Both to use freely
- the basics: fridge, freezer, stove, oven, microwave, hot/cold sink
- Pans: Boiling pans and frying pans of all sizes
- Cups: coffee cups, tea cups, drink glasses
- Small plates, big plates, forks, knives, spoons, teaspoons, kitchen utensils
- Coffee machine with Senseo pads (Unlimited coffee included)
- Water cookes, teapot, tea bags (Unlimited tea included)
Livingroom / Dining room / Lounge
- Dining table with 6 chairs
- Enough lighting for a comfortable read
- Large L-shaped sofa, with sofa table
- Large 40 inch flatscreen TV. English channels: BBC 1, BBC 2, CNN and others
- DVD player and audio system
- iPhone / Samsung music connection
- Bookcloset with many English books and novels
- a fully stocked supermarket is nearby
- Even closer you find a great bakery, butcher and vegetable stalls.
- The Westermarket is great for fun shopping and picking around
- Once a week the biological outdoor market on Noordermarkt is a must-visit
Are you ready to come to Amsterdam now? Please email me with whatever question, doubt or enquiry you have and I will be most happy to help you out.
Together we prepare you for one of the best trips in a lifetime!
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets considered
About Lennart Hiemstra
I am an Internet entrepreneur living in Amsterdam. I optimize websites and webshops for other business owners.
Lennart Hiemstra purchased this house boat in 2009
Why Lennart Hiemstra chose Jordaan
Me and my wife always dreamed of living on a houseboat in Amsterdam. The dream came true in 2009 when we moved in. It is a wonderfull experience. Right in the middle of the city, without the crampyness of an apartment. The water view is just lovely. It really is nature in the city
What makes this house boat unique
Watching boats pass by. Waking up with the sound of a flock of hungry geese knocking on your window. Feeding hand tame swans by hand from the breakfast table.
Lounging on the sofa on a cold stormy winternight and enjoying the heat and comfort inside.
Playing loud music and not worrying about the neighbours ;-)