Centrally located and well furnished
Submitted: August 1, 2012
Stayed: July 2012
I base my review on the guidelines as stated on the website.
Was the listing description accurate regarding the location, layout, amenities, etc?
- The listing description was completely accurate in terms of location and amenities. kitchen stocked with basic needs such as coffee, salt and pepper. Beware that charges for cleaning and linen are per person. There is a nice dining table to accommodate 6 for meals together. Lots of room for a big group.
- The apartment could not be more centally located if you Mitte is your choice and allows all attractions can be reached by foot. As it is pretty touristy, you can be a bit disappointed with some of the nearby restaurants. Easy to get to from the airport and good access to public transport nearby.
Was the property clean, was it well-maintained, etc?
Did the owner provide good customer service?
Yes, but eventually no.
- The owner was initially quite good at providing customer service, though some follow up on emails was required during the reservation process. However, we seemed to have hit a wall when we requested to vacate the apartment around midday on check out (as check in is meant to be at 4pm, we thought this was reasonable, at the time). Owner indicated that they try to be as flexible as possible and at the same time, informed me to "feel free to change plans" and book at a hotel to avoid problems of check-in/out, pointing out that check out time was just like a hotel (but it is a rental apartment?). This, after all the previous exchanges made through email, security deposits and time taken to make the booking.
- lastly, our biggest problem was receiving our security deposit back, "promised" to be returned right at the end of our stay. This was NOT the case, and had to spend time following up and double checking with the owner. It was returned two weeks after we vacated and not without issues.
- Communication exchanges changed from polite to rude towards the end.
Would you recommend this property to a friend or relative?
Yes and No. Yes for the property and NO for having to deal with an owner who thinks it is normal to be as rude and return money that is owed two weeks later. What would happen if renters did the same?
In the end, one can find just as good apartments and deal with a better owner, have a pleasant stay and be sure not waste time chasing up money owed. I believe trust works both ways when it comes to rental properties.
Owner's Response: First - thank you for the review.
I like to add, that I am sorry that it took so long until you receive your deposit back. I wish I could have been able to do it earlier but I was not. As I told you from the beginning I was not provided with the necessary bank account details. What I finally received after pointing that out once again was a scan with unreadable bank information – which I told you immediately. I was been replied by you that you are on holiday and I would have to cope with it. Which I obviously not could. I wired the money the moment I received your bank account details.
And yes, we are a family based business and not an hotel. You have the adventage to stay abolute central, almost at the Museums Island, in a nice spacious place and pay for 6 poeple what you easliy would have to pay for one double-room in an hotel just around the corner. We are very well frequented and some times departing and arrvial happen the very same day. In that case we have to start very puntual to prepare the place for the new guest because they expect the apartment to be ready in time. That means checkout is meant to me in time too. That was the case here. Once again - I am sorry, that I could not please your wishes here, but as you already have written: We try to be flexible. Some time it may work out other time we have not quiete a choice.
After dozends of emails – I counted them (28!! not regarding the money but only the booking procedere) several phonecalls and we are talking about a booking over 2 nights – I felt like I had to admit that I don't appriciate the bossy demanding mistrustful tone of yours. Fair enough.
Helpful votes: 2/3
Did you find this review helpful?