|Minimum Stay||2 - 4 nights|
This beautiful Waldport vacation home sits in the desirable Sandpiper Village neighborhood, offering gorgeous ocean views and close proximity to the sandy beach less than a mile away.
The two-story home has space for six guests, with a master bedroom, sleeping loft, and two full baths. On the main floor, curl up by the wood-burning fireplace in the sunken living area and watch the ocean waves crash on a chilly day. The 37" flat-screen TV is perfect for lounging with the big game or a movie night on the DVD player.
In warmer weather, the spacious deck offers a lovely spot to entertain or sip a glass of wine at the end of the day. The kitchen is nicely stocked with everything you might need to prepare holiday meals or special dinners, from pots, pans, and serving ware to countertop gadgets like a blender, mixer, slow cooker, and coffee grinder - along with the all-important dishwasher for easy clean-up and a six-person dining table!
The master bedroom with a queen bed and private bath with walk-in shower is on the main floor. The loft upstairs has two separate sleeping areas divided by a second full bath, with a queen bed on one side and a queen futon on the other. Watch the stars come out before you drift off to sleep!
The home also has a washer/dryer to keep your packing light, Internet access to stay connected if you wish, and welcomes up to two well-behaved dogs for a $10 per night, per pet fee ($40 minimum per stay). Bring the whole family to charming Waldport for an unforgettable Oregon Coast getaway!
Please use the link below to check real time availability, view more pictures and book securely online!
Vacasa - Vacation Rentals Made Easy:
Professionally managed and cleaned homes
Local assistance 24/7 for emergencies
Secure INSTANT booking
We recently drove cross country from Michigan to our new home in Seattle. On the way we learned our house would not be ready on our planned arrival date, and we decided to make the detour to the coast. This house was perfect! After camping, the three of us and our two dogs could spread out luxuriously. We enjoyed the kitchen, the back porch, and the indoor fireplace. It was a great place (with wifi) for my husband to get caught up on work, and my stepson on school. Space to read, rest & relax, close to the beach and town. It was a perfect refuel after a long trip.
Great property in a quiet location
We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 nights at Sandpipers Nest. The house has a long history of vacation rental, and many happy memories are recorded in a guest book. The house is located quite high above the beach in a good residential area, but a 10 minute walk has you on the sand. The house is extremely well-equipped. We particularly enjoyed the piano! The Waldport-Yachats part of the coast is much quieter than areas further north, traffic is less of a problem, and there is lots to do. A very enjoyable vacation property - and dog-friendly - which was a primary consideration for us.
We had a great time at this home. We hadn't ever stayed in Waldport and would come back in an instant. It's a sleepy town with beautiful, quiet beaches. The house was a trek away from the beach but we knew that having read the description. It was no biggie, we walked and got to see the neighborhood. The only thing was that there is no sidewalk and you have to walk on the shoulder of the road, not the best. The home is funky and cool (kinda "Brady" style)! We liked the quirkiness of the kitchen and the sunken area of the livingroom. The cushions aren't the most comfortable but I'd take that over some sterile, hotel furnishings any day! It had a beautiful view and comfortable beds, can't beat that. There should be photos of the stairs on the website, as this may be a problem for some folks, wasn't for us but they aren't traditional stairs and they have large open slats. Also there was a broken light fixture and some chips in some of the mugs and a bowl which all should be replaced. Otherwise, we loved it and would've stayed longer if we could have! We'll definitely be back! Thanks :)
The house is pretty far from the beach, a nice hike to get there and back. But the deck and view were very nice.
The little game table in front of the windows was much enjoyed, played cribbage and several games of chess with my daughter.
The sunken fireplace was also lovely, we had a fire both nights- no desire to have a fire on the beach with this cozy fireplace!
It is a bit dated, but was cute and comfortable. With the last minute booking discount, this was a good deal, but I would probably lean towards a house closer to the beach next time, to come and go more easily.
Oh, and someone else mentioned, the slats of the stairs and balcony with the bedrooms- the openings are too big for smaller children. It is not safe for them.
I picked Sandpiper's Nest because it was very close to my Oregon destination - my dad's home, 1 mile away. The rate was good, the customer service from the rental company was awesome, although they are only available during normal business hours.
First the PROS:
1) The kitchen is GREAT, with newer appliances, loads of cookware & utensils. You could cook anything there. Except for crab. There's a note on the fridge saying "Please don't cook crab, it stinks up the place." I'm paraphrasing.
2) The two bathrooms are GREAT! The one-piece shower stalls are über-clean, the water is hot, the towels are good, and there are heated air blowers in the ceilings for chilly mornings. I stayed in June, but I still used them!
3) The exterior of the house is very attractive. The deck is HUGE and wraps around three fourths of the home, allowing views of great big pine trees, the beach and the Pacific Ocean.
4) There's a piano, a chess set, internet, TV's with movie channels, washer/dryer.
Now the CONS (sorry for 100% honesty):
1) The decor is "tired old beach house." There, I said it. The wall art is spartan and old. There's a clock above the kitchen sink that has tabs of duct tape around the edges. The clock frame clearly did not want to stay here.
2) The living room has a pit with a built-in sofa that is just not comfortable for large people, whether seated or laying down. I'm 6'2" and 200 pounds. I am not huge, but I could not get comfortable here, despite the plethora of decorative pillows.
3) The upstairs bed & futon are probably full beds, not queens. We did not sleep here, so I cannot judge the comfort level.
4) The master bed is in fact a queen, but it's very soft and it does not offer much support while sleeping. Same goes for the pillows here - too soft and beaten down.
5) The staircase to the loft is a squarish spiral with triangular steps - definitely not your normal staircase. I think that the home owners should include photos of this staircase so that people can see ahead of time what they'll have to navigate. I'm 49 and relatively athletic, but it was still a weird climb.
6) The place had a slightly-musty, closed-up house smell every time we entered. To complicate this, some of the windows have hand-written signs "Do not open. The windows do not close properly." Again, I am paraphrasing.
7) There was some recent deck work, which included a screw sticking up through one of the boards, about 1/4" I stepped on this screw, and it hurt a lot. I put a
We had a very relaxing visit. The view of the ocean from the deck was amazing. We were mostly fogged in the weekend we visited but I can imagine some pretty spectacular sunsets from this home. The sunken living room with the fireplace was great for conversations and watching some movies during rainy weather. The community this house is in was very quiet and peaceful. There are some local streets around the home, but we did not experience much traffic noise while we were there. Overall we were very happy with our stay here!
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (US Dollar) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.