Interlochen Cottage Rental Photos and Description
5 Bedroom, 4.5 Bath, 4 Fireplaces 300 Feet Of Lakefront For A Vacation Dream
A heavily wooded, secluded driveway leads you a short distance to a newly renovated 5000 sq ft private lake home that promises a vacation experience that will last a lifetime. This beautiful, 5 bedroom, 4.5 bath log-style home sleeps up to 10 people. Inside, find something special around every corner…from the old saloon-style pub with cozy stone fireplace to the dramatic great room for comfy gatherings in front of a roaring fire. Step outside and find yourself in a setting that is nothing short of tranquil and charming. A wood plank bridge leads you over a babbling stream that meanders across the property. Continue your stroll down the walkway to the 300 ft of private lakefront where you can relax under the gazebo, fish off the dock or wade into the sandy-bottom, slow sloping…crystal clear waters of Duck Lake. Wake up early, sip your coffee on the porch and you may catch a glimpse of a deer drinking from the stream or of the many ducks, wild turkeys and other critters that visit the property. During the day, spend your time on the lake…swimming, paddle boarding, canoeing, fishing, or simply sitting back and lounging in a beach chair. At sunset, bring your drinks and appetizers down to the lakefront and watch the jaw-dropping sunset, or stay out even later and try to count the shooting stars and constellations.
As far as luxuries and amenities, there are simply too many to describe in their entirety but here are some that are worth pointing out:
• Duck Lake is a 2000 acre, all sports lake located next to the world famous Interlochen Center for the Arts, and just 15 minutes from downtown Traverse City, 25 minutes from Crystal Mountain Ski and Golf Resort, and just 20 miles from the world famous Sleeping Bear Dunes.
• Other local excursions include winery tours (over 25 dot the area), golf courses for every level of play, and river tubing, canoeing, hiking, ATV and biking trails.
The Lake house
• There are 4 fireplaces including massive stone versions on the patio and great room as well as one in the pub and master suite. A lakefront fire-ring is also available for campfires by the water. All firewood is supplied.
• 5 bedrooms include: 2 king bed master suites (one with fireplace), 1 queen bedroom with deep Japanese soaking tub, 1 multi-bed room with one queen and two single beds, and 1 cozy queen bedroom on the main floor.
• The pub contains one queen pull-down murphy-bed and half-bath.
• Bedrooms facing the lake each have large, private walk-out balconies to sit and read a book or listen to the soothing stream.
• A serene yoga platform is located next to the stream for those wishing to shed their stress.
• A highly efficient geothermal system heats and cools the entire house to your perfect temperature.
• Four flat screen TVs including a 70 inch in the great room for family movies and another in the pub for sports!
• A state of the art Sonos sound system is installed for easy linking to your mobile devices and laptops so you can listen to your own music anywhere in the house.
• Powerful wifi available throughout the house and patio areas.
• Fully equipped kitchen, double oven and various modern appliances.
• Plenty of fun for the kids including exploring the woods, swimming and fishing in the lake, jumping off the water trampoline, or even hold a rubber duck race down the stream (rubber ducks provided along with art supplies so everyone can design their own racing duck!).
• Inside, find all kinds of table games, English dartboard, and an old pachinko style pinball machine.
• The walk-out saloon style pub has a wet bar, mini-fridge, and everything else you need for a perfect evening of “bellying up to the bar” and sharing stories, playing cards, or catching the big game on TV.
• A horseshoe pit is just outside the pub door.
• Dining areas include a harvest table that seats 8 and the screened-in porch with additional seating for 8 more. A breakfast bar in the kitchen accommodates 3.
• A catwalk overlooks the great room with an office (including computer and printer) and sitting area.
• A large Weber Gemini gas BBQ is available.
• Spend time on the lake…canoe, kayak, stand-up paddle board and fishing/row-boat…all available for guests to enjoy.
• The large screened-in porch provides a tranquil setting for outdoor meals or just sitting back and relaxing.
• The gentle sloping sand bottom provides the perfect swimming area for children.
• Feel free to bring your own boat (public launch on the lake)…there’s plenty of room to tie it to the dock.
For those wishing to rent a motorized fishing boat, ski boat, pontoon or jet skis, American Boat Rentals (231-645-1191) is 5 minutes away in Interlochen and will deliver to Duck Lake.
• Main level laundry room with large capacity washer/dryer.
• A mid-stay cleaning service is available upon request
• Dogs will be considered
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
About Robert Mead
I'm from the Midwest and Kate is from Canada. We first started visiting Traverse City because it was a good mid-point for our families to get together. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to make it our second home.
Robert Mead purchased this cottage in 2011
Why Robert Mead chose Interlochen
For us, growing up and spending our summers with family and friends at a 'lake house' created lifelong memories. When it came time to decide where to build our own dream 'lake house' we knew we wanted to be in the Traverse City area. No place else combines the variety of activities and culture with the beauty and peacefulness of the Northwoods. So, from the moment we stepped foot on our Duck Lake property we knew we had found the perfect place for family and friends to create everlasting memories.
What makes this cottage unique
We completely rebuilt and expanded the home in 2012. We took meticulous care in maintaining the original rustic look by creating an authentic barn-wood interior from local barns. We then added many contemporary touches for comfort. There are some special amenities and surprises that will really make your stay extra memorable. The Rubber Duck race is always a hit: Have everyone decorate their own rubber duck and the race them down the stream that crosses the property (we supply the ducks for you). Or, build a large crackling fire in the outdoor fireplace and crash on the patio furniture…we've even had some guests decide to just spend the entire night out there under the stars…'too comfortable to get up.' Duck Lake is the perfect size…not too large not too small. Boat traffic is light and fishing is great. In fact…some of the best fishing in the entire lake is RIGHT OFF OUR DOCK!!