La Paz Villa Rental Photos and Description
3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 7-8
Beautiful hillside residence at the 5-star Costa Baja resort. Located on hole #10 on the Gary Player Signature golf course with stunning views of the Sea of Cortez. Our home and all furnishings are brand new. 3 bedrooms (King master suite, king and bunk room); sleeps 7-8. We love to cook and entertain so the kitchen is fully stocked (including juicer, blender, food processor etc.). The living room and master bedroom have HD smart TVs, WiFi/SKY cable and Apple TV. The patio is the perfect place to BBQ, have a cocktail and watch the sunset. Use our golf cart to drive down to the Marina restaurants and explore all the amenities on the property. You will have access to our kayaks, a fishing pole or two, community pool (1/2 block away) and the member's only Costa Baja Beach Club amenities (infinity pool, gym and beach-side tennis courts). This paradise enjoys 350 days of sunshine with an average air temperature of 80 degrees. Great for families!
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
Many years ago, as a sailor hoping to cruise the world, I read about the Sea of Cortez and fell in love with the area. Although I have been to Cabo many times, I did not reach this destination until recently.
In April 2013 my husband (an obsessive fisherman) saw a fly fishing show on the Discovery Channel featuring Baja and the Sea of Cortez...shortly after this we visited La Paz and Costa Baja. We were only on a 'fly-fishing trip.' We have since acquired our home and visited 7 times in less than a year. This is our second home and we treasure it. We hope you will too!
Trisha purchased this villa in 2013
Why Trisha chose La Paz
10 Reasons we LOVE our home in La Paz:
1) WEATHER: Average temperature is 80 degrees with 350 days of sunshine!
2) ADVENTURE: Boating, kayaking, snorkeling, swimming w/whale sharks, paddle boarding, hiking, tennis, golf (these are just MY favs, list is limitless).
3) FOOD: This is foodie heaven! Seafood is the main fare. In addition to great Mexican food you will find amazing Italian, Greek, Sushi, Chinese and BBQ. If you are a fellow foodie, ask for our list of favorites, and check out the LaPaz/Baja episodes of 'Bizarre Foods' and 'Mexico - One Plate at a Time.'
4) FISHING: My husband insisted this is a separate adventure category. LMK if you are interested, we know the best guide in town! We do a combo of fly fishing and tackle fishing for dorado, yellow tail, rooster fish and marlin. (Steinbeck's will cook your catch any way you request).
5) BEACHES: Great beaches within 30 minutes! Our favs: Balandra, Tecolote and the Costa Baja Beach (golf cart ride away).
6) The MALECON: 4-mile boardwalk along the Sea of Cortez. A great place to start your day with a stroll or experience this local hot-spot in the evening. Lots of public art, stores, bars, restaurants and places to book outings.
7) NATURE: My son is 6 - he loves the desert and the amazing creatures we see around our home: tropical birds (including the hummingbird that frequents our patio daily), scorpions (that he hunts nightly with a UV light) and geckos (that he keeps for pets during our stay).
8) ESPIRITU SANTU ISLAND: 'Jewel of the Sea of Cortez' one of the greatest marine reserves in the world! Go whale-watching, swim w/the sea lions, bird-watch, snorkel, dive, hike, kayak, camp or experience the best sport fishing in Baja.
9) It's NOT CABO! You will find everything you love about Cabo (unless you are a college student on spring break) and you will appreciate La Paz for being peaceful, good-value, not commercialized, friendly and safe!
10) COSTA BAJA RESORT (see below).
What makes this villa unique
Costa Baja is the only 5-star resort in La Paz. It has everything you could ask for and more! My favorites include the spectacular setting, the Gary Player Golf Course (not only to golf, but to stroll and eat breakfast at the golf club), beach-side tennis courts, the many pool options--mostly the one next to my home and the beach club pool, gym, spa, the fabulous restaurants at the hotel and in the marina, and the exceptional, friendly service of everyone from the concierge to the cab-drivers!