My cousin and I came to Oahu from Montana and decided never to leave the Paradise. We lived in Honolulu but enjoyed visiting in Makaha Valley so much, we purchased this condominium and another so now live close by.
The beauty of the area never ceases to astound us!
Jennie Farley purchased this condo in 2013
We bought this property because it is as far away from the metropolitan lifestyle on O'ahu as it gets, without making you feel stranded: a short drive away, there are grocery stores, restaurants and, most importantly, the beaches are gorgeous and the marine life is fantastically rich. The mountains frame the valley and are a backdrop that changes with the light from green to gold - amazing! This quiet get away is perfect for families to reconnect and enjoy the beauty around them in Makaha Valley.
1. The best whale and dolphin watching and snorkeling tour is just 7-min. away by car. You will be able to swim next to giant turtles, too! We live here and we still regularly go on these tours. Each one is different, each one feels as though it were an entirely new experience. You see different animals each time, water color, temperature, and rhythm are different, and so are the clouds, shadows, and sounds. (BTW, you would have to drive in the morning from Honolulu an hour to get here in time to get on this excursion! But you won't have to because you will be so close to this happening opportunity!) A phenomenal adventure.
2. The pristine Ka'ena Point State Park is a short drive along another long gorgeous beach, Yokohama. The 2 1/2 mile hike to the tip of the Point where there is an albatross sanctuary. It is best to go in the morning when it is cooler and take water and your camera.
3. Makaha Surf Beach: You could walk here in about 15 mins. By car, you will be here in a minute or two, though. Plus, you will want to carry boogie boards and snorkeling gear (provided by the owners) with you. A cooler with water, snacks, possibly, champagne? Remember the glasses! Picture perfect, that's what this beach is. Don't forget to look behind you into the amazing Makaha Valley and Waianae Mountains. The Kona Brewing Company named a beer for this beach - Blue Wave. It is good too!
4. The resort area of Ko'olina is about a 30 minute drive from the valley. It offers fine dining and resort style entertainment.
5. Also in Ko'olina is Paradise Cove Luau is a favorite of our guests. Great family entertainment.