|Minimum Stay||6 - 30 nights|
This is a clean, warm, bright, and a happy place! Peacocks freely roam the well cared for grounds, large, fragrant, flowering trees and lots of luscious lawns and shrubs. The majestic, uninhabited Waianae mountains frame Makaha Valley. The ocean is on the other side. Makaha Surf Beach is a two minute drive for the condominium. Many other beautiful uncrowded beaches line the west side of Oahu and are minutes away. Yes, you can see stars at night! So much to explore!
The condominium is located on the main floor and consists of two bedrooms, plus a very large living room with a kitchen behind a bar, a bathroom with a bath and shower, and a large lanai. There is a parking spot just in front of the unit. Two swimming pools and hot tubs and a tennis court are on the property. The unit is fully appointed with everything you will need to cook and be comfortable. There is TV, Roku for streaming Netflicks and wireless internet. Beach fun is here for your use, too. Snorkels, boogie boards, sand toys, cooler, beach chairs, and sarongs.
Grocery stores, Starbucks, restaurants are just a 5-minute drive away.
My cousin and I came to Oahu from Montana and decided never to leave the Paradise. We lived in Honolulu but enjoyed visiting in Makaha Valley so much, we purchased this condominium and another so now live close by.
The beauty of the area never ceases to astound us!
Jennie Farley purchased this condo in 2013
We bought this property because it is as far away from the metropolitan lifestyle on O'ahu as it gets, without making you feel stranded: a short drive away, there are grocery stores, restaurants and, most importantly, the beaches are gorgeous and the marine life is fantastically rich. The mountains frame the valley and are a backdrop that changes with the light from green to gold - amazing! This quiet get away is perfect for families to reconnect and enjoy the beauty around them in Makaha Valley.
1. The best whale and dolphin watching and snorkeling tour is just 7-min. away by car. You will be able to swim next to giant turtles, too! We live here and we still regularly go on these tours. Each one is different, each one feels as though it were an entirely new experience. You see different animals each time, water color, temperature, and rhythm are different, and so are the clouds, shadows, and sounds. (BTW, you would have to drive in the morning from Honolulu an hour to get here in time to get on this excursion! But you won't have to because you will be so close to this happening opportunity!) A phenomenal adventure.
2. The pristine Ka'ena Point State Park is a short drive along another long gorgeous beach, Yokohama. The 2 1/2 mile hike to the tip of the Point where there is an albatross sanctuary. It is best to go in the morning when it is cooler and take water and your camera.
3. Makaha Surf Beach: You could walk here in about 15 mins. By car, you will be here in a minute or two, though. Plus, you will want to carry boogie boards and snorkeling gear (provided by the owners) with you. A cooler with water, snacks, possibly, champagne? Remember the glasses! Picture perfect, that's what this beach is. Don't forget to look behind you into the amazing Makaha Valley and Waianae Mountains. The Kona Brewing Company named a beer for this beach - Blue Wave. It is good too!
4. The resort area of Ko'olina is about a 30 minute drive from the valley. It offers fine dining and resort style entertainment.
5. Also in Ko'olina is Paradise Cove Luau is a favorite of our guests. Great family entertainment.
J & J were perfect hostesses for this beautiful comfortable rental. Great Hawaiian decor with all the amenities you need. Located on the leeward side of Oahu near beautiful beaches, close to Honolulu and Wailiki. Be sure to drive around the island to the North Shore and the east side of the island. Dolphin Expedition should not be missed. We will be coming back.
Hawaiian decor and the scent of ripe pineapple greet you at this getaway. The renter, Jennie, is on site (nearby) and is eager to lend a hand in your vacation itinerary. Jennie went out of her way to supply us with fins, once she heard set provided was damaged. Security deposit return was prompt.
Snorkeling and Hiking were our vacation themes and had plenty of it. The rental is convenient to Makaha Beach... great blue water reef snorkeling, boogie board, and surfing (all on one beach). Close up of sea turtle was unreal. Life guard on station. We enjoyed local hike to Ka'ena Point (easy 5mi rt) -- spotted resting Monk Seals and nesting Albatross.
Cross Island exploring is best on the weekend, cross Island weekday traffic can be surprisingly high (most roads 35mph). Then again, nothing is far on a small Island. We ventured to the North Shore for the surf scene and shrimp trucks, the Southeast, for Diamond Head hike, KC Farmers' Market, and Hanauma Bay (reef snorkeling).
For food, Tamurland in Wainae, had fresh Ahi and Poke. Vegetables and Fruit were freshest at Farmers' Markets. We did not make it to the Wainae Farmers' Market, but understand it's on Saturdays.
The condo was very comfortable for the two of us. Condo is as described + small thoughtful touches.
Another relaxing and wonderful stay at Jennie and Jennifer's Makaha Valley Plantation condo -- Mahalo!
If you are a first time traveler to Hawaii and are looking for more of an experience than staying in a hotel somewhere, than this is the place for you! Jenni's hospitality mixed with the location of the condo made our trip to Oahu one to remember. We wanted to have a place where we had a kitchen to cook and save money not eating out all the time, enough room for us and our small family, a walk friendly neighborhood, close to the beach, and beautiful surroundings. This place had everything we asked and more! The pool and hot tub were the cherry on top. We plan on going back to Hawaii as much as possible as to us, there is no where else that we will stay. Makaha Valley Plantation is the place you want to be!
P.S. Inquire about Danny Boro's surf lessons. You will not be disappointed!
Thank you Jenni! We will see you very soon :)
a perfect pLace to stay with kids!!! my kids love the pool n the distance to ocean from the apartment / condominium. The place is very clean and efficient. Jennie the owner is very helpful and nice, it has everything that mention from the ad.we like the fact that it's gated and has security everywhere! very quiet and tucked away in the beautiful view of the mountains. we definitely recommend to our friends , family that will Visit the island of Oahu, 5 plus stars!!
Recently, we needed to make last minute travel plans to O'ahu to visit colleges and were very fortunate to find Jennie's condominium available. The facilities were exactly as described and were away from the craziness of Honolulu...just what we wanted. Jennie was a gracious hostess, warm, welcoming, and available. She even volunteer to be our son's "on-island aunt" during his college years. The unit is well equipped and even includes boogie boards and snorkeling gear! During our whirlwind tour of colleges we found time to hike to Ka'ena Point and hit the beach. We would highly recommend taking surfing lessons from Danny Boro (Westside Surf Lessons brochure in unit) as we all got up on our first try! If you want to have a relaxing vacation, away from the normal touristy areas, we'd highly recommend this location. We are even planning on coming back here to stay when we visit our college kid during the year.
Whale and dolphin watching tours with snorkeling stops to watch local underwater reefs and rich marine life that includes spectacularly colored fish and giant turtles. The water is always warm here!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
New rates 01/2015-11/2015
Jan 1 2015 - Jun 29 2016
6 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
30 night minimum stay
|Refundable Security Dep.||$250|
|Property Damage Protection||$99|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.