Two Week Holiday June 2008
Submitted: July 29, 2008
Stayed: July 2008
We have just returned back from Kos staying at this property for two weeks. Here are my plus & minus to the property.
- Large Property & large Pool
- Very Rural and private
- The property is well equipped with home from home items, (Sat Tv, Hifi, ISDN Internet, dishwasher, washing machine)
- Very rural as in you can just step out of the villa and a five minute walk to the beach, you need a car to go absolutely everywhere, hence after two weeks you can feel switched of and isolated from civilisation! I know the property is advertised as rural but I was told a taverna and shop was a 10 minutes walk away perhaps at full sprint it well maybe
- No air conditioning! The three bedrooms have one fan between them and only two rooms had mosquito nets for the windows (poorly fitted) and bed nets. (We have since purchased locally bed nets and window nets for the third room.)
- After spending most of by business life travelling to Africa I have never been bitten as much before as the past two weeks! Whether this was due to the location or the fact that that the property needs spraying with DDT or European friendly insecticide I am not sure.
- The entrance steps to the pool is a haven for around 50 to 100 wasps, the gardener explained he has tried several remedies to remove them but they still return, so although only one of us was stung once this needs professional attention.
Finally we had pre arranged for us on arrival for a Taxi driver to take us to the villa, however two taxis to travel 10 minutes to the villa cost us 80 Euros! You would be better to arrange your hire car first and drive there.
The house keepers also wanted money to clean the property however we wasn’t made aware of this conditional at the time of booking.
In conclusion a good holiday villa but with a few negatives that should be remedied to enhance your stay. The villa would also benefit from brochures maps and local points of interests which would help to getting to know the place.
I would say please beware of the negatives but don’t let it spoil the advantages that this place has to offer. Hopefully my comments would allow you to do this.
Helpful votes: 45/50
Did you find this review helpful?