Cheboygan House Rental Photos and Description
4 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom, 258' Riverfront Home, Sleeps 10 Comfortably
Location, Location, Location!!!
Allow yourself to escape to this modern home (Fully finished walkout basement) on the Cheboygan River which is part of the beautiful 40 mile long Inland Waterway of Michigan. It begins at the mouth of Lake Huron and continues down the Cheboygan River into Mullett Lake. At the south end of Mullett Lake, it flows into the Indian River and on into Burt Lake and continues into the Crooked River before coming to an end at Crooked and Pickeral Lakes. Check out our website, www.rippertours.com, for more information. The house features expansive breathe taking views of the river from many rooms, and has an estate size property with 258-feet of river frontage. The backyard is all fenced in and is a great area for your little children to play. There is a constant view of wildlife ( Eagles, Osprey, Geese, Swans, and various duck species), a large deck and patio, private dock with enough space to tie up several boats, an outdoor fire pit, 2 suspended rope seats and 2 wood swings along with various tables chairs, and lounge chairs for your relaxation. The house also includes a game room with a pirate themed bar, large screen TVs throughout the house ( all bedrooms, Main level Family room and lower level game room ), a real fireplace, 3 refrigerators ( 2 mini fridges in bar area ), a fully loaded kitchen and enough sleeping for up to 10. The 4 bedroom house has an open floor plan with a kitchen/dining/living room combination on the main floor and a fully finished walkout complete with pirate bar and large screen TV for your viewing enjoyment and is perfect for your group, large or small.
Here are some activities that can be found around the house.
• Morel Mushroom Hunting in the Spring
• Boating: The Inland Waterway is a 40 mile system that begins at the mouth of Lake Huron and continues down the Cheboygan River into Mullett Lake. At the south end of Mullett Lake, it flows into the Indian River and on into Burt Lake and continues into the Crooked River before coming to an end at Crooked and Pickeral Lakes. If you choose to take the entire Inland Waterway roundtrip, it takes over 7 hours from the house. That leaves you with PLENTY of opportunities to water ski, jet ski, tube or even fish. If you'd like to sit back and go on a chartered trip of the Inlandwaterway, check out our website, www.rippertours.com.
• Golfing: Northern Michigan is home to some of the most beautiful golf courses on the planet. Choose between more than 60 golf courses within 5 to 50 minutes away from the house.
• Fall colors: As the nights become cool in September and October, the spectacular color show begins. Check out the Pure Michigan website for recommended fall color tours or take an atlas with you and venture out on your own.
The Pure Michigan color tours in our area are the Rogers City - Cheboygan - Indian River tour and the Mackinaw City - Petoskey - Charlevoix tour.
• Nature lovers and bird watching: The Cheboygan River Watershed is known for large migrations of birds in the spring and the fall. Deer, raccoon, mink, swans, Canadian geese, mallards, mergansers, gulls, wood ducks, herons, golden eyes, osprey, cormorants, golden and bald eagles and many other beautiful wildlife species call the waterway home.
•The Cheboygan River Watershed is known for its large, deep, high quality, kettle lakes which support an array of fish and wildlife and serve as a core tourist attraction. Expansive wetland systems have formed where the large rivers filter into these lakes. These large marshes, such as the Indian River and Pigeon River Spreads provide critical spawning habitat for fish and nesting, foraging, and migration habitat for a wide range of birds.
• Snowmobiling: Cheboygan offers access to over 500 miles of groomed snowmobile trails, including a trail system stretching from Mackinaw City down to Gaylord and all of the trails on Black Mountain are just minutes away. There is an access to the trail less than one mile from the house. To view the maps check out the Michigan DNR website.
• Snow sports: Black mountain has miles of cross country ski trails or you can visit Cheboygan’s ice rink for open skating or take in a hockey game. There are several premiere ski resorts in the area that offer downhill and cross country skiing, snowboarding and even snowshoeing: Boyne Mountain, Boyne Highlands and Nubs Nob are both just 30 miles away.
• History brought to life: Visit real historic military forts preserved for hundreds of years in Mackinaw City and on Mackinaw Island. Light houses and the retired Coast Guard’s Great Lake Icebreaker Mackinaw are open to the public.
The house is located in the heart of it all!
• Driving distance to Pier 33 marina( 1 Mile ), a public boat launch and the Pier 33 Restaurant, which serves lunch and dinner
• Less than 1 mile to gas stations, shops, grocery stores, several boat launches, Snowmobile trails and Walmart.
• Mullett Lake is a 20 minute river ride away, the house is 10 minutes by water from Black River (a full-speed river perfect for skiing, tubing and jet skis) and 20 minutes from the locks that lead you out to Lake Huron
• More than 60 golf courses within 5 to 50 minutes away.
• Located virtually on the northern Michigan snowmobile and biking trail. Boyne Highlands and Nubs Nob offer winter skiing 40 minutes away, hiking, cross country skiing and snowmobiling at Black Mountain is a 20 minute drive
• Sport fishing and pleasure boating abound from the Inland Waterway and sport fishing charters are available for Lake Huron just minutes away
• Cheboygan is 12 miles from the famous Mackinaw Bridge and Mackinaw City where ferries depart for historic Mackinaw Island
• Two large casinos are located within a 40 minute drive and 2 other casinos in the Sault Ste. Marie area are 90 minutes from the lodge
• Waterfowl is abundant and easily viewed from the upper or lower decks.
• Bring your camera, whether on the water or relaxing from the deck, dock or patio, this is a photographer’s pleasure trip
• The house offers photography and viewing of the Northern Lights on clear nights.
CHEBOYGAN: Consider Cheboygan as a vacation destination or stopping point for the many world-class attractions located here. You will find no shortage of wonderful and memorable things to do with so many activities and adventures that Cheboygan has to offer! Cheboygan has a score of family friendly attractions, which has earned it the distinction of one of Northern Michigan's top tourist destinations. Cheboygan is a haven for people who love to live & play by the water. Boating, fishing & trips to the beach are always a treat here. There is great dining, shopping, hiking, biking & hunting...you name it & we've got it! There are fireworks at the fairgrounds on the 4th of July plus many other events all summer.
INDIAN RIVER: Indian River's local attractions include North Central State Trail, Arts and Adventure Paddlesports at Brass Wind Landing, Big Bear Adventures, Maple Ridge Stables, The Cross in the Woods, Indian River Striders, Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park and many, many more! Exciting Canoe, Kayak, Raft & Tube Trips on the Sturgeon River, Chillermania Book Store. Burt Lake State Park
MACKINAW CITY: Old Mill Creek State Historic Park, Jack Pine Lumberjack Show, Mackinac Bridge & Ferries(dogs allowed) to Historic Mackinac Island, USS Coast Guard Cutter Mackinaw Museum, Lighthouse Cruises, Para-sailing, Fort Michilimackinac, Mackinac Bridge Walk (Labor Day)& Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse. Mackinaw Crossings includes many restaurants, shops, & attractions. Enjoy the free laser light show nightly during the summer at dusk.
MACKINAC ISLAND: Catch a boat out of Mackinaw City aboard one of our ferry lines and visit Mackinac Island for the day. Known as Michigan’s crown jewel, a one-of-a-kind Victorian community where all motor vehicles are banned and the peaceful transportation of horse drawn carriages or biking are a way of life. Lose yourself on a day trip to beautiful Mackinac Island. You can enjoy horse riding & horse drawn carriage tours, a butterfly house, Fort Mackinac ( a Maritime Park & Museum), visit the Grand Hotel where the movie 'Somewhere in Time' was filmed, see the Michigan Governor's Summer Residence, Mackinac Island State Park, Arch Rock, Lilac Tree Spa, Mackinac Magic, Wings of Mackinac Butterfly Conservatory, Biddle House, plus lots of shopping & dining.
ST IGNACE; Cross the Mackinac Bridge and visit St. Ignace. St. Ignace's local attractions include Castle Rock, Kewadin Casino, Museum of Ojibwa Culture, Mystery Spot, St. Helena Island Lighthouse and much, much more!
We offer the chance to start family dreams/memories. There is something for everyone to do on or off the property. There is something to do year round from Spring mushroom hunting to snowmobiling and skiing in the Winter. The Fall offers unparalleled colors and there are Fall color tours. Or you could just as easily get in your own car and drive around the area. If you do, make sure you head out to Cross Village and take M-119, called the 'Tunnel of Trees', and it will take you to Harbor Springs.
Nearest Airport : Pellston Regional Airport of Emmet County at 19 Miles
Nearest Ferry : Shepler's Marine Service (to Mackinaw Island) at 15 Miles
Nearest Beach : Aloha State Park (Mullett Lake) at 7 Miles
Nearest Ski : Boyne Highlands and Nubs Nob at 30 Miles
Nearest Golf : Mullett Lake Country Club at 4 Miles
Nearest Restaurant : Pier 33 (lunch and dinner only) at 1 Mile.
We have an IDEAL location if you are interested in any of the surrounded areas. Cheboygan, Mackinac City, Mackinac Island, St Ignace, Indian River, Mullett Lake, Petosky, Harbor Springs
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets not allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
Kim and I grew up in the Metro Detroit area. Kim grew up in Troy, Mi and I'm from Livonia, Mi. We currently live in Novi, Mi and we love heading up to Cheboygan to unwind and relax after a busy week at work. We put a lot of blood, sweat and tears getting our River House in order and we hope you can come enjoy a relaxing, peaceful, fun time at our home.
We've been coming up to the Cheboygan area since the mid 70's. Finally, a few years ago we decided to own a piece of paradise for ourselves. We looked at several properties along the Cheboygan River and as you will see, once you walk in the front door and see the view we saw, you will understand why we decided on this particular house. It has amazing, unobstructed views down the river where you can sit back and relax just watching all the boaters going by.
There are so many attractions and events in the area that make this spot ideal. Mackinac City & Island are a short 15 min drive away. Petosky and Harbor Springs are also short drives ( approx 35 mins ) away so you can explore other surrounding areas.
The Cheboygan area has so much to offer anyone, and it's very easy to make memories that will last a lifetime on your stay.
The house has a very open floor plan with unparalleled views of the Cheboygan River. If you like to just people watch on your down time, we are situated so you can do just that. There is plenty of boat traffic cruising by.
The water depth at the docks end is 30' deep so jumping in to cool off is as easy as a back flip away.
It's also a great place to try your luck catching Northern Pike, Sunfish, Blue Gill, Rock Bass, Small Mouth Bass, Musky, Walleye, Bullhead and Perch.
When we first walked in and saw the view of the river, we knew this was the place for us. We know you will feel the same way.