West Midlands Chateau / Country House Rental Photos and Description
Beautiful stately country house in picturesque Worcestershire with swimming pool
Blakedown Hall is a beautiful stately country house set in an estate of around 132 acres in picturesque north Worcestershire countryside. The Hall itself, built in 1710 is a Grade II listed Queen Anne residence of great character and charm, with later additions in keeping with the style of that period. It is yours to enjoy if you are planning a party or luxury short break for a large group. Whether you have in mind a family gathering or reunion, a murder mystery setting of character or perhaps a special wedding venue, this is the perfect party venue. We are also hosts to corporate meetings, conferences and presentations.
The luxuriously appointed Hall, complete with indoor swimming pool is a fabulous residential venue providing exclusive use in the main house for up to 43 guests. For larger groups we are able to accommodate more people by using cottages on the estate and other accommodation near by.
Excellent road links to both the M5 and M42 and the close proximity of Birmingham International Airport make it a convenient location to reach wherever you are traveling from.
Interior and grounds:
- 2 entrance halls and 2 staircases
- Morning room with open fire, Sky TV, DVD and CD Player
- Drawing room with grand piano, open fire and CD Player
- The Blue Room (further reception room) with open fire and 42' plasma screen with Sky TV, DVD, CD Player and CD library
- Dining room with dining table to seat 34 and an additional long table can be set up in the hall to seat a further 20
- Sun lounge leading into the formal garden
- Cloakroom with original 'Throne' WC
- Kitchen with breakfast table with 4 oven Aga, hob, oven and microwave and an adjoining snug with Sky TV/DVD, Playstation, Karaoke machine and disco lights
- Utility room with washer, dryer and large chest freezer
- Games room with darts, table football, American Pool, CD Player, drinks fridge and open fire
- Cellar music studio with video karaoke machine, musical instruments and microphones
- Hurcott master bedroom with king size bed and Sky TV, DVD with dressing room off and en-suite bathroom with separate shower (can also accommodate a double sofa bed if required)
- Blakedown double bedroom and lounge with en-suite with shower, Sky TV, DVD and CD player (can also accommodate two double sofa beds if required)
- Churchill bedroom with 4 single beds (opposite the house bathroom) with Sky TV and DVD. (single Z bed available if required)
- Large house bathroom with whirlpool bath, separate shower and sauna
- Caunsall double bedroom with a 5' zip 'n' link bed which can convert to 2 singles on request, Sky TV, DVD and a shared en-suite with shower (double sofa bed available if required)
- Iverley small double bedroom with Sky TV and DVD, sharing an en-suite with shower
- Wolverley double bedroom with Sky TV, DVD, en-suite with shower over bath (double sofa bed available if required)
- Drayton double bedroom with Sky TV, DVD and an en-suite with shower
- Kinver double bedroom sharing the main landing bathroom
- Belbroughton double bedroom and lounge suite with en-suite shower room (double sofa bed and single Z bed available if required)
- Wireless broadband internet and a colour laser printer is provided.
The Estate comprises 132 acres and guests will have exclusive use of the following areas:
- Private rear walled garden with decked terrace with fountain, gas barbecue and gas heaters
- Further walled garden with hot house, pool terrace and tree hammocks
- Large lawned garden with lily pond and hammocks on the west front
- Parkland which surrounds the property on all sides, including a rugby pitch
- Indoor heated swimming pool and showers (pool hire to be charged extra)
- Tennis court with electronic ball server
- Tennis pavilion and gas barbecue
- Croquet set
- Giant chess board
- Badminton equipment
- Golf practice net
- Clay Pigeon Shooting (to be charged extra)
- Paintball Park just 1/4 mile away (off site needs to be booked direct in advance)
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
- Events Allowed
- non smoking only
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- children welcome
- pets considered
About Oliver's Travels - UK
Simply Chateau was set up in 2003 after two old school chums enjoyed a fantastic holiday with friends in a French chateau in the Dordogne. Oliver & Ravi, the two directors of the company, were amazed at what terrific value these stunning chateau rentals represented and decided to spread the word. Soon after the website www.simplychateau.com was born.
Today we deliver a wide range of luxury villas, private chateau and charming farmhouses throughout France, Italy, Spain, the UK and the Caribbean. We have something for everyone from charming manor houses representing great value for money to fully catered & serviced luxury chateau, all handpicked and chosen with care. Bookings are made direct with the owner of your chosen property to guarantee you get the best booking price available.
Why Oliver's Travels - UK chose West Midlands
At Simply Chateau we only work with the very best rental properties on the market. All of our properties have been handpicked and we take our customer feedback extremely seriously. We operate a ‘three strikes and you’re out’ policy - that is to say if we have 3 negative reviews relating to any of our properties we cease to advertise it.
We have properties to suit every taste and budget, all chosen with care by our expert team for their unique character, fantastic features and stunning countryside locations.
What makes this chateau / country house unique
Free Concierge Service:
As luxury rental specialists we have all the experience in the world helping each and every one of our customers find the most suitable property for their dream holiday. All you need to do is provide us with the details of what you imagine your dream holiday to be, and we'll find the perfect property for you. We can make sure that every arrangement is planned to perfection and each element of your holiday has been refined. Transfers, catering, maid service, tours and activities can all be prearranged to your specific requirements.
100% Financial Guarantee:
We realize that financial protection is an important consideration when choosing a holiday company so to ensure you have complete peace of mind we are bonded members of ABTA.
Lowest Price Guarantee:
Simply Chateau ‘simply??? processes the bookings and credit card payments on the property owner’s behalf. The owners themselves set the rates so you know you are getting the best available rental rate when you book.
Avoid Internet Scams:
Each and every property listed on our website has been checked to make sure that it actually exists. This ensures that you do not become a victim of an internet scam as can happen through an ordinary listing website.