Church Stretton Chateau / Country House Rental Photos and Description
Sleeps 14 in 6 Bedrooms
The Manor House is a magnificent 5 star property on Eaton Manor Country Estate, situated in a beautiful corner of England next to a Norman Church.
Eaton Manor Country Estate offers the perfect rural retreat set in 500 acres of beautiful countryside and, as an award winner in the 2012 and 2013 national tourism awards for best self catering, we are sure you will enjoy every minute here and have a truly memorable stay.
The Manor House is full of character and dates back to the 17th century, with timber and brick walls and beamed walls and ceilings. It is set in an enormous private garden which runs down to Eaton brook (which is fenced to keep children safe) and on the patio is a BBQ and garden furniture providing an ideal place to sit and look out over the breathtaking views of the Wenlock Edge.
A great venue for family holidays; reunions and special celebrations.
Ideal for special celebrations:
- The Manor House is a large period property which works very well for a large family gathering (although it unsuitable for people with reduced mobility as there are steps up to the house and steps within the property too).
- To make your stay truly memorable you can hire our chef to cook dinner for you all, and our magician to entertain you. We also offer additional guest services such as wine tasting, murder mysteries, professional photographer and pamper treatments to name but a few.
Activities available at Eaton:
- This is a fantastic walking area, there are details of walks from the door up onto the Wenlock Edge. The OS map in the property shows walks around the local South Shropshire Hills.
- During the summer (from April to Ocotber) the shared swimming pool is great for entertaining the children.
- If you've ever wanted to have a go at archery we can offer you a lesson (for a minimum of 8 guests) on our Olympic length indoor range.
- We can also offer Nordic walking lessons, a great way to see the local countryside and learn a new skill which burns more calories than walking with very little extra effort.
Activities available in the area:
- There are a lot of activities available in the area such as: golf, quad biking; mountain biking; horse riding and high ropes courses.
- Acton Scott Farm Museum (from April to October) is very close to Eaton (just 3 miles away) and is the home of the BBC's Victorian Farm. This is a must if you are visiting with family during the summer months.
- As we are on the border with Wales there are some spectacular castles to visit. For example, Powis Castle which is still lived in to Ludlow Castle which is a ruin but holds a number of annual events, including the Ludlow Food Fair and the Arts Festival.
- unsuitable for elderly or infirm
- Events Allowed
- non smoking only
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets considered
Guestbook comments from the manager
Super weekend to celebrate my son-in-law's 50th and husband's 70th birthdays. Perfect setting, we all so enjoyed the swimming pool and wish we could have stayed longer. Lamb shank dinner was excellent.