|Property type||chateau / country house|
|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Birch Tree Farm. An exceptional family retreat nestled in a private valley just a few miles from lively Woodstock, Vermont.
Whether you’re looking to relax one-on-one or reconnect with the whole family, Birch Tree Farm is full of memories waiting to happen. Making the most of its spectacular surroundings, the 5 bedroom, 3½ bath lodge-style home is all laid back New England luxury.
Take in the floor-to-ceiling view of the Ottauquechee River Valley from the two-story great room. Take a morning swim in the 50 foot infinity pool, and maybe later, a hike through the 20 miles of trails or up Mount Baldy or go fly fishing for rainbow and brown trout in the spring fed pond. At day’s end, enjoy a Vermont sunset and a bottle of wine in front of the old field stone fireplace before enjoying a made-to-order meal from our kitchen.
Birch Tree Farm is a working farm, and as a guest you’re invited to experience a day in the life of a farmhand by assisting the staff with the daily chores and animal care. Never met an alpaca? Now’s your chance. The farm is home to 20 alpacas, two llamas, two miniature donkeys and some of the best egg-laying chickens in Vermont.
Fine cotton linens and heavenly down comforters in each of the bedrooms tempt you to sleep in. Rich wood accents lend a rustic tone throughout. The 3½ baths are all thoughtfully appointed with quality toiletries and plush towels, and daily housekeeping keeps everything freshened up.
While the great outdoors always beckons, there’s plenty to entertain inside, too. Kids both big and little will love the performance stage and state-of-the-art theater in the barn, as well as the vast collection of DVDs, books and toys. Satellite TV will keep you current on favorite shows, and high-speed WiFi will keep everyone as connected as they want to be.
- Billings Farm
- Simon Pearce Glassblowing and Restaurant
- Vermont Institute of Natural Science
- Horseback riding
-Marsh Billings Rockefeller National Historical Park
- Cloudland Farm Dining
- Horsedrawn carriage or sleigh rides
- Golf at Woodstock Inn, Quechee Club, Okemo, or Green Mountain
- Hot air balloon rides
- Canoe rental on the Connecticut River
- Skiing at local mountains: Killington, Pico, Okemo, Suicide Six
- Ice skating at the Union Arena in Woodstock
- Crosscountry skiing at the Woodstock Inn Nordic Center
- Kayaking on the Ottaquechee River
- Spa treatments at the Woodstock Inn
- Amazing prepared food and groceries at the Woodstock Farmer's Market
- Visiting Queechee Gorge
- Maple Vodka Tasting at the Vermont Distilling Company
Woodstock and other nearby towns are also full of great shops, pubs and restaurants. Have fun exploring them on your own or ask us for some of our local favorites.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay