Las Gaviotas House Rental Photos and Description
Best Resort On The Northern Baja California Coast
Our vacation home is located in the beautiful exclusive beachfront community of Las Gaviotas, approximately 30 mins from U.S. Border. We have a 3 bedroom ~ 3 bath vacation family home. Maximum 6 person including children.
How to get to Las Gaviotas:
1. From California by Car: Drive south towards the US-MEXICAN beyond San Diego passed the border crossing. All vehicles should have Mexican Auto Insurance.* Look for 'Cuota' ~ Toll Road', a scenic beach drive to Ensenada. Once on the toll road, drive to the last exit of the City of Rosarito. Exit & drive South along the 'Libre ~ Free Road' for about 10 mins. Las Gaviotas is on the Sea-side and look for a red-white TV tower. .
2. US Citizens ~ By Air from US Cities: Land in San Diego Airport (SAN). Get your Rental car at any of the establish rental agencies. You will be required to get Mexican Auto Insurance. The drive is about 45 mins to Las Gaviotas per instruction in #1. Alternate option would be to fly direct to the Tijuana Airport (TIJ).
3. For Non-US Foreign Travelers: Highly Recommended that you fly from your destination directly to the Tijuana International Airport (TIJ). The standard auto rental agencies are available. Again Mexican Auto Insurance is required. Drive per instruction which is about 30 minutes south on the 'Toll Road.'
* About Mexican Auto Insurance: Individuals travelling to Mexico in their own private vehicles should get Mexican Auto Insurance. It's not required, but if you are in an accident in Mexico without Insurance, you may land in a Mexican jail.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- Senior Adults Only Community
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Arturo Franz
I'm a mortgage banker and was one of the first homeowners to purchase and build our vacation home. For years we used it as our get-away school vacation break with our children who are now grown up. It is a great family retreat and our home is located on the 3rd tier from the beach about 1 1/2 blocks from the beach front. My wife, Amy & I have taken great pride in outfitting the interior with original art work from local artist in the area. Our place is small but comfortable and is used mostly for casual light eating. For Dinner, we go out to our favorite restaurants. However, for those with cooking interests, we do have a small micro-wave/convention oven and a 4 burner range with a dishwasher & midsize refrigerator.
Arturo Franz purchased this house in 1973
Why Arturo Franz chose Las Gaviotas
Our house was designed by my brother, an Architect and we but a lot of emphasis in bringing out the Mexican characteristics of traditional artisan construction. We think of it as a Modern Mexican vacation home, open entry and kitchen concept to maximize space for beach viewing from the front half of the home...blending in vibrant tile colors which accents our themes of cobalt blue, rust and bright yellow. We have complimented the home design with use of local artisan paintings, furniture and other folk art.
What makes this house unique
Las Gaviotas complex has 24/7 security services to make your stay safe and enjoyable. Many owners and guests walk & jog at all hours around the complex enjoying the cliff side promenades.
During the summer months (May -Sep) are the best in terms of weather & temperature with views from the kitchen, living room, dining and mostly the deck. A small charcoal Weber BBQ unit is available and while cooking on the deck you can sip a few Margaritas!