|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Feel the beautiful tropical breeze and listen to the many Hawaiian birds from all rooms and large front lanai of this beautiful 4 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath home with breath taking ocean views. At 1000ft of elevation, this large home sits on a lush tropical parcel in the coffee country of Holualoa, Hawaii on the Big Island. There is a full bath on the lower level of the home next to the large in ground swimming pool to accommodate the swimmers in the family. Plenty of poolside lounge chairs await your arrival. There is also one bedroom located on this lower level. The second level or main living area contains a great room, gourmet kitchen with eating island as well as dining area, fabulous laundry room with a 1/2 bath. There are two stylish Hawaiian bedrooms, each with Queen beds. There is a large full bathroom with separate shower and tub between these two bedrooms. The restful, huge master bedroom suite is ideal with a double vanity, separate shower and toilet room, as well as private soaking tub that overlooks a lush coffee farm. There is a Queen size poster bed in the Master Suite along with a custom stained glass image of a mermaid. This home and setting is perfect for a romantic getaway, retreat or immediate family vacation. The home is only a 9 minute drive from Magic Sands Beach.
The Holualoa Retreat Home was WONDERFUL!! Stunning views, Hawaiian breezes, refreshing pool, delicious coffee, safe neighborhood and great location are what we enjoyed so much while visiting. The house is beautiful!! The high ceilings and spacious bedrooms were so comfortable for my family of five. The owners and caretaker were always available to answer questions and help us out. JD and Anne even allowed us to stay a few extra days unexpectedly when our departure was delayed because of winter storm Titan!! My kids enjoyed the pool immensely. The sunset views are soothing and lovely. We even saw whales breaching in the ocean from the deck. Bring binoculars so you can look at the beautiful flora and fauna in the neighborhood and beyond! We love staying upcountry from the beach and this was perfectly located a 15 min drive to the best snorkeling and surfing at Kahaluu Bay!! My kids and I participated in a Mixed Media Art Class at Donkey Mill Art Center down the road and had a great experience!! Art and culture are thriving in this area. We travelled the island and always returned home to the wonderful sunset views and soothing Hawaiian breezes at the Holualoa Retreat House! Mahalo Dudek Family!!! So much Aloha to you all!!!
We stayed at the property over Christmas 2013 and had a great visit.
Some of the highlights:
• The caretaker was very accommodating and friendly.
• We have never found a better set of kitchen knives in a rental house before, very nice.
• Nice furniture, love all the tables, and the couch and chairs for the lanai.
• Great to have all be beach towels, beach chairs, and umbrella (we used them almost every day).
• Watching the sun set from the expansive lanai was a highlight of the trip, followed by watching the sun hit Kona every morning over a cup of coffee.
• Being surrounded by all of the birds and wild turkeys was great, we even heard wild pigs one night.
• Having the coffee plantation behind the house made us feel like we were not in the suburbs.
• The house is far enough out of town to be secluded but close enough for easy access to services.
• The beautiful green geckos who provide endless entertainment.
The house is large enough to feel comfortable but not too big.
We would recommend this house to our friends and family.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000.00|
|Notes||We require a completed VRBO screening form in which to draft a contract. With a signed contract, a payment for half the rental stay in required to hold your dates. One month prior to stay, the remainder of rental fee is due along with your security deposit and cleaning fee.|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.