Relaxing holiday, great location
Submitted: November 26, 2011
Stayed: August 2011
• The location of the apartment, 2 minute stroll to the beach
• The warm, clear sea for swimming and snorkelling
• Lovely little islands and beaches near enough to explore by pedalo
• Friendly, helpful owners, whose service included meeting us at the airport and taking us to the big supermarket to stock up.
• Quiet – apart from one night with loud music from a party by the beach. Fireworks nearby one evening, too, which I loved. Though airport was only 15 mins away, we never heard planes.
• Wireless broadband worked really well.
• Cycling in Premantura - bikes available in Pjescala and made a great day out cycling to and around Premantura, and swimming off the rocks. The tracks are very bumpy, though - mountain biking rather than leisurely sight-seeing!
• Exploring on foot and using local buses. We were going to hire a car, but in the end didn’t bother. We enjoyed taking the local bus from Pula to the hilltop village of Medulin to see the Istrian Mummies, and the boat trip from Pula to Brinjuni. I wish I'd made a note of the name of the boat, something like Martinbelle? A beautifully varnished wooden boat, with a friendly captain, who chatted to us about Croatia and gave us free drinks! On Brinjuni, we walked to the Roman ruins, very atmospheric and deserted as most tourists only go past on the land train.
The apartment had comfortable beds and plentiful hot water. No air conditioning, though fans kept the temperature more or less bearable. Kitchen equipment, TV, and the supply of towels and bed linen were all fairly basic. We made do, and I’m sure we would have been supplied with things if we’d asked, but it's the level of equipment which keeps my review down to 4 stars
Our only real negative was the midges - we didn't realise they had a nasty bite until it was too late. We got through a lot of insect repellent, in addition to needing the mosquito killers and regular patrols with fly swats. Be prepared!
There were 3 restaurants open in Pjescala Uvula in September, each serving similar food at similar prices. Only one (on the corner nearest the apartment) took credit cards. For interesting Croatian cuisine, and a friendly service from the waiter, try the Farabuto, a small restaurant on the way into Pula. www.farabuto.hr
Owner's Response: Dear Mrs Anne,
thank you a lot for very detail description of your holidays. It is so nice to see that you have enjoy it so much.The aircondition we have done this year.I hope that you will come to us again, you are welcome!Thank you again for your time!
Did you find this review helpful?